VvV vs Factions

The factions system, albeit buggy, was way better than vvv for creating multiplayer pvp and cunning with non conventional skill. I think it was converted due to the bugs present in the system...Matrix style...although I think many of us loved those bugs....

Comments

• RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 93
    Most people that still pvp prefer factions to vvv. Unfortunately, it does not matter what we think as Mesanna is anti factions. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    On what do you base that assumption?

I remember many many complaints that 'factions are broken', The various dev teams did their best down the years to fix it, until they eventually decided it was too broken and couldn't be fixed, so they replaced it.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    On what do you base that assumption?

I remember many many complaints that 'factions are broken', The various dev teams did their best down the years to fix it, until they eventually decided it was too broken and couldn't be fixed, so they replaced it.
    The problem is they didn't replace factions.

VvV is a lifeless system with no purpose that provides no gameplay, It should have be squashed in its inception because the entire idea of it was terrible from the start.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited March 30

The problem is they didn't replace factions.

VvV is a lifeless system with no purpose that provides no gameplay, It should have be squashed in its inception because the entire idea of it was terrible from the start.

Haha, I did love that description :)

Whilst yes, I get a lot of players feel like this, It's not that bad, we are having fun with it.

I do wish the gear rewards were different, I hate antique ofc. But the potions are useful. My opinion, tweak the rewards, and the system is ok. If it is the major pvp system, it needs a decent set of rewards also that link up with the objectives.

Definate reward that should be included - in the same way clean-up rewards give a default pvm set of jewels, VvV should give the same, for PvP.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    I think VvV has a few good concepts but it probably fell flat because the way the Devs thought it would be used isn't how it's used at all.

Nothing against any of the Dev teams for VvV or factions (they both have their gaps) but I think that's kind of what happens when people who don't actively PvP draw up the concept of a PvP system (they don't know what will be abused etc). Honestly can't say I fault them because at this point I'm so far removed from all the PvP stuff now that I wouldn't be any better at thinking of a PvP system.
    edited March 30
    I think the VvV traps should be boosted to do a lot more damage.

They are pathetic for now, boost them to make them a meaningful part of the gameplay, it would be much more fun also. 50 damage on an explosion would be cool.

@Kyronix ^
  • NikonUSNikonUS Posts: 8
    Bring back Chaos vs Order
    Those were the best time.
    Fight anywhere, anytime, any facet
    I think you have different types of pvpers, this is why it is hard to suit all.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited March 30
    VvV flagging rules are better than factions, I think that's literally the only thing though.

was it really easier for the devs to make VvV, instead of fixing the issues with factions?  I mean the issues with points essentially being duped & faction gear only usable to those who either played all day OR duped points (the highest rank arties anyway) were the worst parts about factions near the end.  -all of which was added by the current dev team (except maybe Phoenix).

Traps in generally should be made slightly easier to see (making them more avoidable) but should also deal like 30-50% of your max HP if you're hit by one.    even non-VvV/faction traps should be stronger as well.     they're no more punishing than a trap-box that is so weak it's always set to auto-pop to avoid something more dangerous.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    CovenantX said:
    VvV flagging rules are better than factions, I think that's literally the only thing though.

They aren't better then Factions though.  The VvV flagging system is horrible.
    edited March 30
    dunno, I like that non-VvV cross-healers get put into stat-loss (if they die) after healing or flagging OJ by attacking.

no more 'beneficial acts'.   I'd prefer for non-vvv players to not interfere for the most part.. of course there are always ways to abuse it in your favor. but the flagging rules were always like that, regardless if factions or VvV were part of it.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    It has potential. 

As far as rewards go, yew gate has been the place to pvp for 20+ years. I don't believe there needs to be any rewards. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Has it been that long? I remember when the 'hot spot' was skara/brit cross roads and when it was Bucc's den with it's 'server hopping' complaints.
    edited March 31
    Urge said:
    It has potential. 

As far as rewards go, yew gate has been the place to pvp for 20+ years. I don't believe there needs to be any rewards. 

Imo, the good pvpers don't touch Yew Gate, never have done.

That's going to upset a few. :D
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Has it been that long? I remember when the 'hot spot' was skara/brit cross roads and when it was Bucc's den with it's 'server hopping' complaints.

On Atl it was shortly after age of shadows. Bucs got me into pvp. 
    edited March 31
    depends on shards, yewgate was hopping for like a 15 years with a few weeks throughout downtime especially when there were hard nerfs to pvp (pub 47), but some shards used brit, bucs (personally, I hated pvp at those gates because of the serverlines... they're just annoying, but It made it easier for the ones who had to run, to survive =p

and yew gate of course..... wrong roof / jhelom farms for small fights (1v1/2v2)

There was also a room in wrong dungeon where the mephitis boss spawned, during the Lady Melissa quest, not sure if it had no spawn on other shards but there was no spawn there on LS (after the event had concluded), but it was a large square room (maybe 1.5x the size of the current arenas we have now) my guild/alliance at the time used to splint into 2 groups and fight each other in that room for months.  - i believe it's the room with the "Assassin Honed Weapons" now though.
    ICQ# 478 633 659