Luck

GarretGarret Posts: 70
edited March 28 in General Discussions
Is this answer is still correct ? if yes why extra loot that generated for party is not bumping loot strenght by luck ? only extra items ?

https://us9.campaign-archive.com/?u=17d7bd79de495239fca33bcf5&id=6c123c9471
"Can you explain how Luck works in the context of loot generation?
Luck is chosen at random from individuals on the looting rank list.  This list is determined by a composite measure of damage dealt, damage received, and damage healed by all attackers.  Example: Player A and Player B defeat a monster.  Player A is in a group with three people but only player A has luck.  Player B is not in a group, and has no luck.  The system randomly picks one player from the players on the looting rank list (player A or player B ) and looks at their luck to determine loot strength.  Additionally, player A has a chance to receive extra items based on the total luck of his group." 

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    I'm under the impression that the items found have higher intensity not that there are more items 
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    im convinced luck doesnt work period, i think luck is a item property they introduced to give players something to do, build and collect pieces to make a luck suit, i have a max luck suit and ive tested it out alot and i mean alot, doin t-maps, SoS, Roof, scalis just to name few and ive done most of those activities on tram and fel side just see if that makes a difference, i get same drops, same type of drops, same rate of drops wearing a luck suit vs not wearing a luck suit.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,845
    Whitewolf said:
    im convinced luck doesnt work period, i think luck is a item property they introduced to give players something to do, build and collect pieces to make a luck suit, i have a max luck suit and ive tested it out alot and i mean alot, doin t-maps, SoS, Roof, scalis just to name few and ive done most of those activities on tram and fel side just see if that makes a difference, i get same drops, same type of drops, same rate of drops wearing a luck suit vs not wearing a luck suit.
    It works, but the RNG is still a factor. when my luck is high, i get more and higher intensity items, but i also get a lot of the negatives with the good. It also works well for Saltpeter mining. I get larger nodes. It works, but not as we'd like it to. just my experience testing it over the years.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Ah yes the age old question "Does luck work?" :)

I think  only the Devs will be able to confirm if it's working as intended. I've spent a lot of time looking into luck and how it works but I think Vic sums it up pretty well:
    It works, but the RNG is still a factor. when my luck is high, i get more and higher intensity items, but i also get a lot of the negatives with the good. It also works well for Saltpeter mining. I get larger nodes. It works, but not as we'd like it to.
    The RNG part is what makes it very hard to test and what adds to the difficulty is that we don't know for sure what the min/max on mob loot tables are (ie a mongbat will never drop a 5 property item regardless of luck). That said, he's spot on about how higher luck can also invoke "negative" effects people don't think about when it comes to luck like instead of getting a ring with 10SSI and 35Dmg Inc the luck roll adds another property (while keeping the "weight of points" the same) so what you end up with is a 10SSI 25Dmg Inc 12SDI ring instead.

Luck also works differently depending where you are at / what you are using it to do. Perfect example is Saltpeter and Doom artifact drops works on the system of "the higher the better" whereas loot on corpses works more on "total luck sweet spot".
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    edited March 29
    Not so sure on Saltpeter. I seem to get more using the luck on my suit, around 1700 than if I add in the luck from the statue. I think you can overdo luck.

On the other hand I have a 'circuit' that I mine when after saltpeter and some days I can come home with only 1500 and others over 3k. RNG is tricksy
  • At the next Dev M&G, someone needs to ask the devs if they'll ever allow Auspicious/Of Fortune to spawn on Legendary Artifact gear. Currently, the only 150 Luck Legendary Artifact armor that exists, is no-name Legendarys that no longer spawn.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    The only thing in game I've ever noticed luck working on was the thorn planting -> egg in fields last year:

0 luck diddly squat
    Max luck suit maybe 50-75% drop rate
    Max luck suit + vet account smashing luck statue = ~98% drop rate

Everything else it's either not working or so minimal it's not worth it. Especially if you're using a melee character it's really tough having to tank your suit to get max luck.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • GarretGarret Posts: 70
    Any chance to see dev comments ?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Garret said:
    He said yes, luck affects drops while he was on TC.  That will be as much info as you will get.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GarretGarret Posts: 70
    edited April 8
    Pawain said:
    Garret said:
    He said yes, luck affects drops while he was on TC.  That will be as much info as you will get.

Questions was about loot generation rulles for party and for players out of party and combinations. 
    And did they (devs) change something past 8 years?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    Garret said:
    Pawain said:
    Garret said:

Questions was about loot generation rulles for party and for players out of party and combinations. 
    And did they (devs) change something past 8 years?
    This is about as much of a statement as you will get from UO on luck  https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/player/stats/luck/
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    I wear Luck and rub statue for every hunt except Blackthorn and pirating. Since pirating will be a large part of the upcoming Event, I will modify my gear.