Character casts a spell on log in

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
on classic client, I have a few characters that cast magic reflect or mana vampire on log in, it's especially annoying on a stealther as the action causes it to be revealed.

(I guess I can move my spellbooks into my backpack if it's a planned logout, so long as i remember to move them out again on login)
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    I had this happen for a while on my chars in CC too. My tamer likes to cast wall of stone upon log in, another character likes wither. very annoying...
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    I have a few chars that randomly play a random macro at log in. Typically "I wish to secure this" and Word of Death
  • Mine typically cast heal.

I have that spell bound to my "e" key and I think "8" on the numberpad. Not sure if that lines up with anyone else.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    The character I have that casts magic reflect on login, does not have a macro for that spell. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited March 2019
    This is getting quite tiresome on a stealther, I have to log in on EC, put the spellbooks in a container and then login on CC. (I tried logging in without UOAssist running and it still casts a spell)

• MapMap Posts: 2
    Mervyn said:
    This is getting quite tiresome on a stealther, I have to log in on EC, put the spellbooks in a container and then login on CC. (I tried logging in without UOAssist running and it still casts a spell)
    This happens because a hotkey you have setup is also a key you use in your password when you login...
    What hotkey do you use to hide? Try hitting that key a few times, erasing it, and then typing in your password... this is what I have done for years

...What I was hoping to find here was a complete solution to the problem, cause it pisses me off too!
  • MapMap Posts: 2
    I had this happen for a while on my chars in CC too. My tamer likes to cast wall of stone upon log in, another character likes wither. very annoying...
    Any solutions to this since 2018? Other then my work-around I just mentioned...
  • Map said:
    Any solutions to this since 2018? Other then my work-around I just mentioned...

I switched to EC :D
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited January 2022
    Map said:
    Mervyn said:
    This happens because a hotkey you have setup is also a key you use in your password when you login...
    What hotkey do you use to hide? Try hitting that key a few times, erasing it, and then typing in your password... this is what I have done for years

...What I was hoping to find here was a complete solution to the problem, cause it pisses me off too!
    "That is an interesting theory, but on one of my chars it was casting a spell that i did not even have a macro for, perhaps instead it is pulling the macro from the last previously logged in char as one of the spells casted was indeed in my pass code, i will check this out, I will investigate and with this additional info i think i might be able to solve this, thanks!

when logging in on a stealther i used to log in on EC, place spellbook in trapped box and then log in on CC lol"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.