Do they still not ban obvious gold sellers?

MakasouleaterMakasouleater Posts: 29
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
Specifically I am talking about altanic realtor and lord Nabin they make it so obvious it's not even funny. I just saw lord Nabin buying gold. I have gotten screen shots of them on icq saying they would sells and buy gold. Etc etc pay pal records and so many other easy to obtain things. It seems though uo doesnt care in the slightest,or they didn't use to. 

Comments

• ObuwObuw Posts: 47
    Seems like they simple don't care. Some gold/item seller company seems to have taken over europa, they have basically been advertising in general chat 24/7 for months.

Best part is, I was asking people in general chat how they get their items, since you can't find anything on vendor search anymore (since the server is deserted), and several people just responded 'oh I just buy the items from that website'. Like that's supposed to be how we play now...

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    Nothing wrong with buying gold, its just moving existing gold around from person to person.  It's when they are duping or creating gold that it starts killing the economy

Meanwhile, with all the crap wrong in the game, this is what we are worrying about?  *shakes head and walks off*
  • MakasouleaterMakasouleater Posts: 29
    edited July 2018
    Meanwhile, with all the crap wrong in the game, this is what we are worrying about?  *shakes head and walks off*
    People taking money from uo, by giving it to filthy gold sellers is a worthy problem. The more money they have the more they can fix other problems. 

It is a problem, and it's not just moving gold around. It is some one sitting down wanting cheaper gold than you can buy from the store, and not buying the items from the store. That is just one of the problems.  IT is why other companies actually take time and money to fix it. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

When people are charging 175 million gold for some item having outside gold sellers are the only way for some people to acquire those items.

• TimSt said:

When people are charging 175 million gold for some item having outside gold sellers are the only way for some people to acquire those items.

No that is what the uo stores is for. 
  • FatFat Posts: 97
    Ban the cry babies. 

They never go to fel so they are of no use to me
    People taking money from uo, by giving it to filthy gold sellers is a worthy problem. The more money they have the more they can fix other problems. 

It is a problem, and it's not just moving gold around. It is some one sitting down wanting cheaper gold than you can buy from the store, and not buying the items from the store. That is just one of the problems.  IT is why other companies actually take time and money to fix it. 
    You can't buy gold from the UOstore, so this reasoning is invalid at face value.

And if people could get as good a service from Origin as they do the 3rd party sites, they might buy more from Origin.   Origin has screwed me twice...3rd party site, 0.  You figure out who I tend to favor
  • ObuwObuw Posts: 47
    TimSt said:

You do realize that the outside gold sellers are the reason that items are so ridiculously overpriced, right?
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Obuw said:
    TimSt said:

You do realize that the outside gold sellers are the reason that items are so ridiculously overpriced, right?

Please provide information to back up this claim.  Reason I say that is because it is more likely that the cost is so high is due to multiple dupes throughout the 20 year history of UO and the fact that the game has no real gold sinks.  Gold sellers (unless they are also dupers which, contrary to popular belief are NOT necessarily the same) redistribute the gold that already exists.
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    Some may not remember this, however for the some time RMT was perfectly legal within UO.  So why the change?  Liability.
  • ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    And the money doesn't go to UO anyway, it goes to EA so...
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    So I guess it is now ok to accuse people by name of illegal acts in UO on the official UO Forums.
  • Specifically I am talking about altanic realtor and lord Nabin they make it so obvious it's not even funny. I just saw lord Nabin buying gold. I have gotten screen shots of them on icq saying they would sells and buy gold. Etc etc pay pal records and so many other easy to obtain things. It seems though uo doesnt care in the slightest,or they didn't use to. 

Takes 2 second reading this post, to identify IDOUCHE and his kinder garden non english!
    Nice try to create Fake News!!
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    please keep the drama elsewhere. thank you.
This discussion has been closed.