Chests and Storage

Hello All,

I'm in the process of reorganizing my house, and I'd like to take a look at possible storage options, for sorting and distributing all our loot.

I'm looking for function over form. If any containers have a larger than regular UI, I could probably go for them. It's hard to tell if crates have a bigger or smaller storage space than chests for instance.

(I'm obviously talking about the "pixel size" of the open containers in the classic client, I know that all containers hold 125 items.)

It's also somewhat important that the containers should be easily clickable, especially when stacked. Otherwise, I could probably just go with a stack of pouches for storage and be done with it. :P

Being dyable is a bonus, as it helps me remember which chests are holding which items.

And finally, it would be a plus if it's possible to walk through the container, as it would prevent the annoying issues where you can't see the containers 2 spaces away because they are blocked by other containers.

So, I'd love to hear everyone's recommendations, and learn about how everyone stores their equipment.

(Should I have made this post in general discussions instead?)
Tagged:

Comments

• SessionSession Posts: 1
    Hello, 

Being able to walk through your containers is a tough one if you don't want stacks of bags. Small and medium crates are a good size and stack nicely. I like to use rarewood chests as they are big and easy to click, they stack nicely and they look good when dyed or made of different woods.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

I have a ton of bags on the floor of the second floor of my house.  It looks messy but it does allow me to freely walk around.

• GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Gift boxes. The old ones. you can walk over and the white inside makes it so you don't miss anything. But if you want serious organizing, I recommend the square backpack. you can dye them for visual sorting reference and also use the bag naming tool to write on them what is inside. Once you organize, then just place in containers per your themed areas.
  • ObuwObuw Posts: 47
    Yeah I noticed those gift boxes, they have so much space! Is there still a way to get them though?
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I would just do the old "looking to buy old square gift boxes with bow" in general chat. Otherwise you may have to wait for Christmas for people to put them on vendors. We have lost a lot due to people turning them in for points.