Awesome idea for an addition to the in game store

Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 312
edited July 2018 in General Discussions
Okay, I had a awesome idea after sorting  those stupid non-stacking refinements.  A reusable item that allows the refinements to STACK.

I would gladly pay 5000 Sovereigns for such an item.   Would this interest anyone else?

Someone on the "other" forum suggested something like the seedbox, which sounds good to me.

I want to hear everyone's thoughts.  Devs, please jump in here and explain if this would or would not work.  Also, tell us why or why not.

I would not want something that would cost more to implement than would be made from the item's sales.
Let's keep the discussion civil, on topic, and refrain from personal attacks.   Anyone misbehaving will be reported to the moderators.  Let's all try to act like civilized humans and not like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!

Thanks

1. Would you pay for an item that allows refinements to stack?14 votes
    1. Oh heck, Yeah!
      28.57%
    2. No, I wouldn't waste the soveriegns.
      57.14%
    3. Not Applicable: I don't use refinements
      14.29%

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Another thing to buy from the Halloween Dungeon this year!

There is a player on LS that collects them.  I put any I find in her mailbox and if I ever need them I'll talk to her. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    They should just be regular stackable items, why the hell should we pay for something to do what they should of done to start with? There was no need to make them 'variable' ie adding 4 points or 5 at invulnerable level.  Just another over complex system that shoud of been simple but was turned into a total balls up. 

First they had to introduce the amalgamator just so you could get rid of the lower end ones as at the end of the day people only want to use invulnerable, then they added them to the clean up points as frankly 99% of em end up in the bin due to the impracticality of storing em all but both of those 'additions' were just  micro fixes for a system that was poorly thought out and designed from the get go.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Sovereign items should be vanity items. Not required for normal game play. We already pay more than enough for normal game play updates.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies
  • ObuwObuw Posts: 47
    MissE said:
    They should just be regular stackable items, why the hell should we pay for something to do what they should of done to start with? There was no need to make them 'variable' ie adding 4 points or 5 at invulnerable level.  Just another over complex system that shoud of been simple but was turned into a total balls up. 

First they had to introduce the amalgamator just so you could get rid of the lower end ones as at the end of the day people only want to use invulnerable, then they added them to the clean up points as frankly 99% of em end up in the bin due to the impracticality of storing em all but both of those 'additions' were just  micro fixes for a system that was poorly thought out and designed from the get go. 
    Exactly my thoughts. The game has so many poorly designed, obnoxious, overcomplicated systems. You can imbue, enhance, refine, reforge and now reinforce items? How the heck is a new player supposed to keep track of all of these?

The existing systems should be combined together and refined / refactored instead of adding even more systems on top of it.
  • DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    I haven't yet found a purpose for refinements.

I put platemail/invulnerability on my vendor for 10k and it's still there 6 months later.
  • TeapotTeapot Posts: 58
    Dizzy said:
    I haven't yet found a purpose for refinements.

I put platemail/invulnerability on my vendor for 10k and it's still there 6 months later.
    A elf sampire with a 75/75/75/75/80 suit is good stuff.  And it takes alot of refinements for a full suit.  Way too much if you ask me.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2018
    Actually I use the lower end ones, and ofcourse there’s a purpose for them. Can you not see how it would be advantageous to have say 73 fire resist and drop cold resist to 67? 

Or how it would be avantageous to be elf and drop 75 energy resist to 70 and raise 45 dci to 50?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    I'd rather the limited dev time and skills be used on something everyone can make use of, and let the half dozen players who have been reforging get by with what they already have.  Harsh, I know, but it's another one of those half baked shoulda never been made grindy systems that shoulda been put in as an improvement to imbuing.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779

Any identical items without a charge should stack.  Have 125 identical swords that your blacksmith made?  They should stack and take up only 1 storage slot instead of 125 slots.  Have 45 healthy plague beast glands?  They should stack.

• Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    And it could be done.  Remember when we were told that potions couldn't be made stackable, because each individual potion had minor differences in it?   I Do.  lol

And then one day, voila!  All of a sudden it WAS possible.  Same with blackrock more recently. 
    It's just a matter of what the devs decide they want to do...
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I would pay many sovereigns to receive the "Unlimited Dev Time" Bonus, we need something to compensate for the often used "Limited Dev Time".
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.