unnecessary changes to Despise spawn

For those who haven't tested this yet, here's what has changed about the rat spawn in despise:

The changes were supposed to solve the island lag issue during later levels of the spawn, however, they didn't solve that problem and instead made the spawn more spread out and thus advance slower :-/

I have no clue why these changes were published to live shards in the first place since this was pointed out during the test center phase...

This needs to be reverted to what the spawn was like before in my opinion. Anybody else feel this way?

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Just out of interest, why is it bad if the spawn advances slower?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    to me it doesn't matter too much since it will increase my chance of raiding someone doing that spawn but the change wasn't necessary and will only serve as another excuse for trammies not to do spawns because they're afraid to die.

In general I don't really see though why it should take longer than it has for the past years all of a sudden. I guess the saying "never change a running system" could be employed here?
    The issue people wanted fixed was the island lag, not spawn time (I don't think anyone ever complained about spawns advancing too quickly).
    so basically what I'm saying is: while it's not bad per se that a spawn advances slower, it certainly wasn't necessary either...
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Mervyn said:
    Just out of interest, why is it bad if the spawn advances slower?
     Would you prefer to do More work for the same or less pay?  That's why it's bad.

and of course, The obvious reason.. the bug that was intended to be fixed with via this change is not fixed.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited July 2018
    work? it's a game. More gameplay time. It only takes an extra 5 mins.

But yeah they should've fixed the lag, i haven't been on enough to check if it's still laggy. But if it hasn't made the lag worse, i don't see any reason to revert it.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    This is untrue.

The spawn advances at roughly the same speed if you have more than one person working it.  We knocked out 9 in a row at about 15 minutes each (not counting time between spawns)  just this weekend.  

In fact, many of us commented that we felt like we were doing them faster than we had before.
    yes with more than one person it is the same because you can spread out much like the spawn does. when soloing it you can't and thus loose time. as I said it's nothing major, just a question of why they felt this change was needed over actually fixing the lag issue...
  • PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 105
    It did take me quite a bit longer to solo, I just tried it.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited July 2018
    Mervyn said:
    work? it's a game. More gameplay time. It only takes an extra 5 mins. 

But yeah they should've fixed the lag, i haven't been on enough to check if it's still laggy. But if it hasn't made the lag worse, i don't see any reason to revert it.
    Yea, because spending even more time grinding for the same reward is always super duper fun...

You don't see a reason to revert it?   The reason is in the first part of your response to it... "But yeah they should've fixed the lag"... it didn't fix the problem it was intended to fix.

I guess you have the same opinion on the Belfry though right?   It didn't fix the problem, so just keep the pointless (undocumented & unwanted) change.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited July 2018
    I disagree with the belfry change, however I just don’t have an opinion on the change to the spawn here. It’s a non issue. 

But if the lag isn’t fixed then they need to look again. I don’t think they have to move the spawn back though, if they do or they don’t its a non issue. 

• DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    I don't think the spawn was the issues. Multiple times my friends in discord have been caught with this lag when the only spawn is the champ and a few players. I get the impression the Devs thought it might be the spawn when level 4 pops that was causing lag?
  • ObuwObuw Posts: 47
    I think in a game with such dwindling population, they should take steps to make content more accessible for solo players, while they seem to be doing the opposite.
    It's an mmo, stands for massively multiplayer online. Maybe that's why the pop was dwindling, because people can solo the champs so don't build any community. I don't log in to do a champ, i log in to play with guild friends.