A crafting/house customizing proposal

Hey,

So, the devs somewhat recently allowed for the creation of stone walls, pavers, steps, and blocks to be used in houses... Why not allow for carpenters to at least be able to make the blocks and steps from wood? It lends a different aesthetic, and would make designing steps much easier than the current customization trick, which requires having at least four tiles in any direction to be able to place the staircases, while not really allowing for fancier placement along the edges of the plot.

Allowing carpenters to build step pieces would allow for some more diverse stair customization, and would make placing staircases along the edges of a plot to be much simpler. 

Just an idea.

Comments

• BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    We need a like button
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    I like this idea as well.  But why stop at wood?  Why not allow metal and glass steps as well?
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    i believe this was discussed at a meet & greet, short list for a future publish
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    *hits the like*
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • SlayviteSlayvite Posts: 113
    *Image result for like button
  • TimTim Posts: 790
    After just adding a floor to my castle  :) I would like all house building switched to a gather resources then craft system like the stone floors. Even with the limited parts available it was fun and pushed my limited creativity.
    But that would probably require a core program rewrite of what three housing systems so new wood parts would be great