Same dye tub but different colour?

DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
edited June 2018 in Bugs
I was putting down some of that decorative carpet and dyed it using a due dub (HUE 337).

I then dyed some cloth using the exact same dye tub and made a square goza. I place the goza next to the carpet. They appear different colours??

Picture in the EC:

Picture in the CC:

Using the HUE ID tool on both the carpet and the goza when they are in position shows they are the same HUE of 337 but its clear to see they are not.

Why not just use the carpet all over I hear you say. Well I am trying to cover the squares next to the steps and it won't allow me to place carpet but I can place goza. See picture below:

Any ideas?

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,324
    The colour carpet turns out is influenced by the colour it starts. Blue carpet will dye darker than red carpet.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Kinda like when you dye a robe and you change to a different type robe and the new one gets a different shade when you use the same dye.  Man I liked that old Robe color I had.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    I know that you can raise and lower carpets, so maybe do this... buy a pouch (6gp one) put the piece of carpet in it, drop the pouch into the spot, chop the pouch with an axe, double click the carpet to "lock it down" and then lower the carpet? If that doesn't make sense, let me know. I can try to explain it better or someone can explain it better perhaps.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Gidge said:
    I know that you can raise and lower carpets, so maybe do this... buy a pouch (6gp one) put the piece of carpet in it, drop the pouch into the spot, chop the pouch with an axe, double click the carpet to "lock it down" and then lower the carpet? If that doesn't make sense, let me know. I can try to explain it better or someone can explain it better perhaps.
    I tried this already and the carpet just said it can't be lowered anymore. I just gave up in the end and removed all the carpet and used gozas instead.

The fact something dyed with the exact same colour but appears a different colour is pretty stupid in my opinion.
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    Maybe lower the pouch, unlock it, then axe it? <--- for the future since you've already changed. I like gozas because they don't highlight yellow which drives me insane. But I like the carpet for the fringes.