Pet pathfinding

MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
pets have the ability to path find when aggressing with the commands “kill” and “guard” however lose the ability to path find when told to “follow”

expected result: consistent path finding ability for the pet regardless of command.
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• TeapotTeapot Posts: 58
    All come is the command used for pathfinding, All follow is normal following.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018
    Ah thanks, learn something new every day, but then this option is missing from the context menu when you click on a pet. 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

I have been unable to discern any additional pathfinding capabilities when using the "all come" command.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I believe that command needs a name, all will not work. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/animal-taming/pets-ownership/

Followed the link, there is a sentence that reads:
    ”*’All come’ and ‘All Follow Me’ commands must be preceded by the ‘All Stop’ command if the pet is already engaged in combat. If the stop command is not given the pet will attempt to obey the ‘follow’ or ‘come’ command but will continue to defend itself against attack.” 

So if “all come” is not a command, why is it stated and why does the pet make a noise in game to signify it obeyed a response?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Long ago I would try All Come to find a pet off screen.  Never worked.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I will edit that. The table gives the command as (name) come and as far as I'm aware that's the only way it works.
    edited June 2018
    yes nice "name come" pathfinds but option is still missing from context menu. So too is the drop command which should only be present in the context menu if there is something to drop.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Thats sux.  Does not work with pets with a space in their names.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    I miss being able to tell a pet with magery to jump over a fence by using the "come" command.