Is UO supposed to not making fun anymore?

I´m asking me that question quite a lot the past few weeks. It seems whenever comes changes or new contend that the focus is to make it hard instead of make it fun.
Newest example the shadowguard changes. It was fine the way it was and after killing the last boss you could get lucky with good loot or a drop what was not guaranteed most of the time you end up with moderate loot and drop. I mean i´ve done roof encounter easy 300 times and never got minax sandals or a 200+mio worth item of the loot but it was fun. now it is only a pain in the a.. ending up with nothing good at all!?!?
Same with the Eodon quest Bosses taking a huge amount of time to end up with a title scroll (can´t tell how often i got that useless scroll and stoped doing it at all).
Animal Training was best what came last few years but now it seems like for what?
Even at the EM events it seems like the EMs are just trying new ways to kill us faster and more often. Thats not fun and i think a game is supposed to make fun or am i wrong?

Comments

• FatFat Posts: 97
    UO is super easy these days.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 895
    Mervyn said:
    Hard is good. I prefer to play on maximum difficulty, as do you, but you don’t realise it yet. 
    I agree, hard is good.  But, They're not making things hard, they're making things tedious and boring.

I also prefer to play on maximum difficulty, but this is far from that.

There's nothing "hard" in UO PvM... this is why I pvp.  everything in PVM is pretty damn easy especially once you've been through it a few times to see how it works... after that, it becomes a "grind" when you go through it so many times trying to get something to no avail.

Just to be clear, I'm not against bug fixes whatsoever.   However, I'm against "Fixing" non-issues before the important stuff.

When the Devs objective seems to be, add as much Tedium (Instead of Difficulty), it's not fun... and to make things even worse, What do we get for the extra tedium we subject ourselves to?   the same s**t we did before the extra layers of tedium were added.  - shadowguard & doom.

Speaking of Doom... I didn't see the Doom "Prized" drop fixed in the patch notes.

also brought up numerous times on stratics before these UO.com forums were even open.

but the Shadowguard > Belfry made it in there, seemingly with no "bugs" about it.
    seems to me they're TRYING to kill the game for the players, and it's been working.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Uriah_HeepUriah_Heep Posts: 915
    IBTL
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 895
    edited July 2018
    Mervyn said:

Again NOTHING to do with me, I was opposed to specific belfry changes.
    I will assume you're posting that in reference to what I said, since I quoted you.. But I assure you, I wasn't implying you (Mervyn) had anything to do with the Belfry changes.

I used the Belfry simply as an example, it was a non-issue while there are other more important issues that go unresolved, hence the doom drop bug report link.

I'm also disappointed with how they handled the fountain "bug" as well, Again, I don't care if you had something to do with those changes or not.  It's irrelevant even if you did have something to do with it, I couldn't careless about that.

The Devs are the ones that made those changes. If it wasn't working as intended, why the hell did they wait nearly three years to fix it?  We're talking about the Belfry here...a bug with the dragon's "Push" ability?  seriously, how did it take three years to figure this one out?  It's not like shadowguard was as deserted as the other 90% of UO is... ie people Actually DO shadowguard.

There's no "exploit" to avoid the push ability... so to suddenly say it was "not working as Intended" so you could "fix" break it, it looks incredibly bad.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • KingshoreKingshore Posts: 2
    I agree, hard is good.  But, They're not making things hard, they're making things tedious and boring.

I also prefer to play on maximum difficulty, but this is far from that.

There's nothing "hard" in UO PvM... this is why I pvp.  everything in PVM is pretty damn easy especially once you've been through it a few times to see how it works... after that, it becomes a "grind" when you go through it so many times trying to get something to no avail.

Just to be clear, I'm not against bug fixes whatsoever.   However, I'm against "Fixing" non-issues before the important stuff.

When the Devs objective seems to be, add as much Tedium (Instead of Difficulty), it's not fun... and to make things even worse, What do we get for the extra tedium we subject ourselves to?   the same s**t we did before the extra layers of tedium were added.  - shadowguard & doom.

Speaking of Doom... I didn't see the Doom "Prized" drop fixed in the patch notes.

also brought up numerous times on stratics before these UO.com forums were even open.

but the Shadowguard > Belfry made it in there, seemingly with no "bugs" about it.
    seems to me they're TRYING to kill the game for the players, and it's been working.
    I totaly agree should have used another word then "Hard" i´m German ^^

That was what i meant. Sometimes i only go mining because i find it relaxing, but the way they take UO i just wait for the time i have to kill a Crimson Dragon every mining spot just to get a few ingots......