Why can't Luck be imbued onto shields?

I was wondering why luck can not be imbued onto shields? I've imbued myself a luck suit and equipment which brings my luck up to 900. I would like to raise that up to 1000 with a luck imbued shield.  I know I can use a looted shield that has luck but it would not be the same.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,983Moderator
    If you particularly want to use a crafted shield try runic reforging
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018
    I’m not at my pc, but are you really sure you can’t? Try all the menu options.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
    Only way beside luck with Runic would be gold ingots for 40, but I did try a runic and got to 60 luck

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Mervyn said:

Only 4 useful things can be imbued on a shield and Luck is not 1.  Answer #1 is the way.  I reforged a 150 Luck on a wooden shield.  You can then imbue a couple more things. Then Enhance with Oak to 190.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ObuwObuw Posts: 47
    Pawain said:
    Mervyn said:

Only 4 useful things can be imbued on a shield and Luck is not 1.  Answer #1 is the way.  I reforged a 150 Luck on a wooden shield.  You can then imbue a couple more things. Then Enhance with Oak to 190.
    You do realize that the success chance for that is around 5%, right? Are we just assuming that everyone has access to $$$ store-bought forged iron now?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,983Moderator
    while what you say may be true, the OP was only asking to go from 900 luck to 1000 luck, which I believe can be achieved by reforging using a shadow runic hammer - cost 550 BoD points achievable with a 20 except copper small BoD or better.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    edited July 2018
    I'll give reforging a try once I get my imbuing up to Legendary so I can reforge two properties.  I was thinking of Self Repair for the 2nd property.  But will imbuing spell channeling and faster casting remove the Self Repair property from my shield that I reforged into it?
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Yes imbuing will remove the self repair property.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• ZyloZylo Posts: 15
    You can enhance it with Gold to add more Luck to a Shield.