Character Shard Transfer delay

Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
edited June 2023 in General Discussions
Any chance the 24+ hr delay can be lowered ? ( This is with shard shields btw, I've never used the store bought so don't know if it has a penalty or not) I've never understood why it has to exist anyway. It also seems to start the 24 hour timer "after" the transfer completes, instead of the time it was initiated. So a 2 hr transfer, which I've experienced before, results in a 26 hr wait until the next one can be performed.
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• AlexAlex Posts: 23
    I agree.
    I think the timer for a shard shield token, should be different from the Store one.
    as far as I know, the timer was created to prevent people to make new toons and transfer 1000gp from new toons?  but come on, 2023 1000gp is nothing when the transfer token cost 150M++
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Agree. Also the copy to Test Center is also in that timer. And it does seem to start when you arrive.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 903
    If anything at least prevent TC1 char copy from being affected by shard-xfers cooldown timer. -you'd think they'd make it as easy as possible for people to test things on TC1....*looks at the bug forum* on second thought... maybe not.

I feel like shard-shields 24 hr cooldown is reasonable, but i definitely wouldn't complain about it being reduced or removed.    -If it makes you feel good, do it.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    Just make it so you can XFer any time after the backup.  Xfer one time per day any time.  Yes stop letting TC Copy count as a Xfer and allow more than one char per account per day copy.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     I use both shield and store transfer tokens... the cool down timer is the same.  And agree it gets old having to basically spend 8 days transferring 7 characters from one shard to another. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    edited June 2023
    Tyrath said:
     I use both shield and store transfer tokens... the cool down timer is the same.  And agree it gets old having to basically spend 8 days transferring 7 characters from one shard to another. 
    This concept is crazy to me (xferring 7 chars from one shard to another).

Maybe it's because the way I see UO is through the eyes when I enjoyed it the most which was roughly prior to 2010/2011ish and around this time period transferring wasn't really too common (at least anyone I knew). I think this was probably around when shard shields became available (maybe that was early 2012) and only the oldest players had access and you needed to wait 1 month for an xfer. Back then I feel like people would transfer shards MAYBE once a week so the timer wasn't an issue.

I understand times changes and now people have many more shard shields/tokens (and maybe more disposable income to buy tokens) so people probably do have the ability to xfer multiple times within a day. I just don't think the game was designed to work this way. I don't feel too strongly one way or the other but my initial feeling is that only xferring once per day isn't the end of the world. If anything this helps prevent "shard merchants" from hopping around to every shard to buy up all the deals to bring them back to their home shard.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2023
    “Just how many power scrolls are you farming on dead shards to sell on Atlantic? 
    if you’re farming more than 125 per day I think that’s a little excessive.
    Had no idea RMT sites made that much money”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    My shard transfers are strictly for my needs only, i've never purchased and then resold anything I received after a transfer. I just don't like or understand the need for any delay. I'm also fairly confident that the transfer service operates on a schedule which occurs multiple times during the day. I know this because 4 times now I've made a double shard transfer, meaning one account went to shard A and the other to shard B. Both accounts arrived at the same time, which can't be a coincidence.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited June 2023
    My shard transfers are strictly for my needs only

"So they should let people xfer multiple times a day if it's for their needs only? and not for RMT.
    How they going to do this?
    You have to fill out a visa application form?

(not sure you would be granted one though, with a history of registering multiple EJ accounts to abuse gaining multiple rewards, I believe you but a suspicious person whos job it is to be sus would perhaps ask a few questions about guy running multiple EJs also wanting to do multiple xfers)"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited June 2023
    My reply was in reply to your comment on RMTs which you didn't say who you were actually referring to. And I literally laughed out loud at your comment about my "history" of registering multiple EJs. The accounts that got banned were all at least 2 years old, and all had at one time been paid for active accounts that I let go EJ, but that's not related to this thread at all, and not that I had put much value in your comments, making that one took away any value that I may have found going forward.

You yourself clearly have a history of running scripts, as others have eluded to, and I would never have considered using that against you in any unrelated threads , except for this case right now.

edited June 2023

You yourself clearly have a history of running scripts, as others have eluded to,
    "I actually have to just publicise that i cheat and run every single script available (even though i still use uoassist) or else people accuse me of 'playing the victim'

I was just pointing out that RMTers would be the real beneficiaries of increased shard transfers, not seriously suggesting that you're one. "

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    keven2002 said:
    Tyrath said:
    This concept is crazy to me (xferring 7 chars from one shard to another).

Maybe it's because the way I see UO is through the eyes when I enjoyed it the most which was roughly prior to 2010/2011ish and around this time period transferring wasn't really too common (at least anyone I knew). I think this was probably around when shard shields became available (maybe that was early 2012) and only the oldest players had access and you needed to wait 1 month for an xfer. Back then I feel like people would transfer shards MAYBE once a week so the timer wasn't an issue.

I understand times changes and now people have many more shard shields/tokens (and maybe more disposable income to buy tokens) so people probably do have the ability to xfer multiple times within a day. I just don't think the game was designed to work this way. I don't feel too strongly one way or the other but my initial feeling is that only xferring once per day isn't the end of the world. If anything this helps prevent "shard merchants" from hopping around to every shard to buy up all the deals to bring them back to their home shard.
    Sometimes I just get a wild hair and transfer all of the characters on a acct to a shard I don't have any characters on. And then fully develop characters in newly emptied out character slots and a month or three get a wild hair to send them out to infest another shard. And then repeat the developing 7 new characters...... what can I say I love building character and pets and them dumping full stables and fully trained up character to different shards so I can do it all over again. Not all of my primary accts have shard shield and I let like 80 shard shield go poof in my IDOCs when I quit and have only replace like 2-6 on the shield accts so I buy 7 transfer token more often than I used to.  Nope it is not the end of the world having to wait 25-26 hours between transfers, it is just really annoying.