Countdown to ALPHA

Ok 3 years and ticking time for something real or admit it's abandonedware

Comments

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    UOX........... Kingdom Reborn...... NL............
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 526
    edited June 2023

Kingdom Reborn actually looked pretty good. Especially in the screenshots shown at the bottom here. https://www.uoguide.com/Ultima_Online:_Kingdom_Reborn
    I really liked the look of this one. https://www.uoguide.com/File:Kingdom_reborn_3.jpg
    That Lich casting an Energy Bolt was bad ass looking. The Lizardman, Titan, Ettin, Cyclops, Mummy, and Stone Harpy all look 10x better than what's in the EC as well.

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    I enjoyed this client: https://www.uoguide.com/Ultima_Online:_Third_Dawn but one of the things that has struck me all these years is the number of clients UO has had.  I think WoW has had one or two client changes but they only support one client.

UO can't get past the two client system.  Maintaining 2 clients is inefficient and the practice needs to end.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    UO Clients
    EC = better UI
    CC = better Graphics
    Solution install a switch to use EC Graphics with all that goes with it ZOOM or CC Graphics and disable ZOOM.  I do not like UOs version of EC Graphics.
    And they need to add UOAssist functions to EC
  • UO Kingdom Reborn was an exciting time in UO history. It looks like a really great refresh was about to happen to the game. Not entirely sure what happened or why it wasn't supported anymore, but I was disappointed when the whole thing fell through. The game looked great!

UO has a history, now, of disappointments. Yet here we all still are playing it.

New Legacy is that exciting time again, but I advise you all to not get your hopes up. When was the last time Broadsword delivered?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,082
    edited June 2023
    When was the last time Broadsword delivered?

Not sure about you, but all the items I wear, the spellbook I use, the over 100 5 slot pets I use, the ships I sail in, the custom keeps/castle I live in, most of the deco in them,  were all made available by Broadsword.

They delivered my whole UO existence pretty much.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,019
    Tic tok 1/3 of month is gone...
    2/3 of the month gone should we plan on ALPHA in july?
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    There wont be an alpha, games dead. bye
    Well july it is then although I suspect with the Developers going all out and running the summer games twice on one day we're looking at August....
    Cool your boots man, there will be a big announcement soon.
    We're halfway through july and not a peep from the wall of silence....
    :p
    It's the end of July will we have an Aug Alpha? or is the mysterious TC2 the promised land as @Pawain suggest ? will the developers ever bother to communicate again ?
    edited July 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    It's the end of July will we have an Aug Alpha? or is the mysterious TC2 the promised land as @ Pawain suggest ? will the developers ever bother to communicate again ?
    Since you called me here.  Step up and tell us what TC2 is in your opinion.  

Since we are talking about TC2 they must have communicated it in some form.
    Well since it's just wild speculation I'll go with testing the idoc changes 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,399
    edited July 2023
    I keep telling you its the test center for the new IDOC system and now its also to fix the chicken lizard eggs bugs
    edited July 2023
    :D  you fell for Sketts joke I see.

They going to invite the placement scripters there to see if their deterrents stop them? 
     :D :D  
    Pawain said:
    :D  you fell for Sketts joke I see.
    Well with wild speculation as a result of poor leadership you can just come up with anything 
    :D :D :D
    edited July 2023
    I have never needed leadership to play UO and have fun.  Was I supposed to be waiting for someone to tell me what to do?  I have been doing it wrong all these years.
    Pawain said:
    I have never needed leadership to play UO and have fun.  Was I supposed to be waiting for someone to tell me what to do?  I have been doing it wrong all these years.
    Now why wouldn't she announce it loudly to the world...
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Lets just say it is NL.  Bleak may need some time to set it up and do some QA on it before letting others on or it is just a distraction to get others thinking LOL
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Lets just say it is NL.  Bleak may need some time to set it up and do some QA on it before letting others on or it is just a distraction to get others thinking LOL
    Well it's the next big thing the very savior of UO years in the works can't attract players with silence 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    You know how I know it’s New Legacy on TC2?

No one who posts on this forum seems to have been invited.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,176
    OMG they will say something when they have something to say!

Seriously, my thought is that it's internal testing atm, they had to set up a test shard to make sure all of the mechanisms and whatever else they are adding works. NL is like a total re-do of the game. I am sure they have tested it on their end, super Dev computers and all but now they are testing it on the general populations platform to ensure that it works as intended, doesn't crash UO, works in tandem with UO without issues, bleed-over....since they will allow transfers at the end of a season they have to test to make sure transfers can't be done prematurely...SO much to test so WHEN THEY ARE READY THEY WILL TELL US!

Go outside and enjoy the garden...or the weeds...which is what I will be dealing with for the next week! UGH! Now TOO much rain, too hot to be outside for the last week so the weeds are VERY happy!

Anyway....testing in progress, will wait for further info....

Do the children lizards eggs hatch over there ? Is someone testing the incubators ? :) 
    Skett said:
    Do the children lizards eggs hatch over there ? Is someone testing the incubators ? :) 
    In NL the chicken lizards hatch you
     :D 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,839
    Skett said:

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo