ChatGPT 4 could fix bugs

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited May 2023 in General Discussions
"I've heard many companies are using this to help them fix bugs with complicated software, sounds ideal for UO

example "

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,079
    edited May 2023
    Can you list these many companies using this?  What type of products are they using it with?  

Do you get paid to advertise for these 3rd party products half your posts mention?

For someone that is against cheating, you often tell them which programs cheat the best.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    “I mean the devs could use it, so often we hear that they can’t fix seemingly simple things due to spaghetti code.

I’m not sure what 3rd party products were mentioned in the video link I gave as an example as my browser blocks YouTube adds, perhaps you’re seeing adds that I am not.

As far as I’m aware both Microsoft and Nvidia are using this to debug. I’m sure there are many more”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    The soft betrayal of altruism.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    That video is using it to correct programming errors in C# code, meaning things like missing semi-colons, ie. reasons it wouldn't compile. It's not fixing actual bugs within the program lol. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited May 2023
    Pawain said:

Do you get paid to advertise for these 3rd party products half your posts mention?

For someone that is against cheating, you often tell them which programs cheat the best.

"What a hypocrite you are,

Currently, CC is banned in most fel guilds because of the bugs.

I raised bug reports for the main issues that make the client unplayable. Trying to prevent people from having to use 3rd party client.

You comment in these bug reports telling devs not to fix as not necessary because they don't affect trammel players like you.

And because they don't fix the bugs, now even i have no option but to use 3rd party client as i don't like EC graphics and CC is now banned in the guild i am in and many others
    (also i have vision disability and CC allows other players to change their spell text colors to one which is not readable for me)

So it is you who help encourage others to use 3rd party and discourage devs from making CC playable in fel.

Total hypocrite"

edited May 2023
    Yoshi said:
    Pawain said:

"What a hypocrite you are,

Currently, CC is banned in most fel guilds because of the bugs.

I raised bug reports for the main issues that make the client unplayable. Trying to prevent people from having to use 3rd party client.

You comment in these bug reports telling devs not to fix as not necessary because they don't affect trammel players like you.

And because they don't fix the bugs, now even i have no option but to use 3rd party client as i don't like EC graphics and CC is now banned in the guild i am in and many others
    (also i have vision disability and CC allows other players to change their spell text colors to one which is not readable for me)

So it is you who help encourage others to use 3rd party and discourage devs from making CC playable in fel.

Total hypocrite"

You never miss an opportunity to advertise for illegal clients do you.
    "you, and Rorscharch are biggest advocates for blocking development of CC and pushing people away from it"
    edited May 2023
    Yoshi said:
    "you, and Rorscharch are biggest advocates for blocking development of CC and pushing people away from it"
    And what exactly have they developed for it in the last five years.  We are blocking something that has no desire to move?

Correct me if I am wrong, the last CC specific change was the dress macros.  How long ago was that? 
    edited May 2023
    "publish 115

Bug Fixes

Client Updates

Classic Client: Block War on Pets now allows players to mount their pets when the player is in war mode

They fixed this issue based on my report, Rorscharch tried to hide the bug report by placing something on it where when you add additional information, the thread did not jump to the top. His attempt to block development completely failed.

let me ask a question, why would you want to prevent this fix from coming into effect?
    "

Yoshi said:
    "publish 115

Bug Fixes

Client Updates

Classic Client: Block War on Pets now allows players to mount their pets when the player is in war mode

They fixed this issue based on my report, Rorscharch tried to hide the bug report by placing something on it where when you add additional information, the thread did not jump to the top. His attempt to block development completely failed.

let me ask a question, why would you want to prevent this fix from coming into effect?
    "

Yes that was a nice QoL change. It was only attempted to be blocked in your mind. I don't call a bug fix a development implementation. 

You are the one who does not like advancement to taming. Shall we mention auto log for pets, one if us thinks that is a bug, even after devs have said it was not.

If you would stop bringing up illegal clients, like you have been told countless times,  your threads would not be closed.

It's time to get over your persecution complex. 
    edited May 2023
    "thats funny, they introduced 5 min logout grace period for command undead creatures,
    all they need to do is extend that to all follower

It's not necessary to mention 3rd party client.

you should just say
    bug is missing debuff for nervestrike

then dev should fix within 2 weeks,

they shouldn't wait 5 years and do nothing until people create their own client to fix problem..."
    Notice how you just can't make a post without mentioning an unapproved client? Even when you start by saying you don't have to mention one.
    edited May 2023
    "what is an approved client though?
    the download link to download a client is unavailable on uo.com as certs expired and has been since April 17th, that's over 1 month.

and CC is banned in most fel guilds due to the volume and severity of bugs (attack nearest hostile targeting own red/grey guild members or their followers),

not really much option..

if you're using CC, then that is unapproved in many guilds

Many guilds have rules where you must obtain permission to attack another guild member - it's very common guild rule even in trammel guilds"
    The link still works you just click OK to go to the site.

I just downloaded it onto my phone.
    “(Depends on your browser and security settings)”
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,983Moderator
    I'm locking this, but first, to be clear. Players cannot 'ban' other players from using the official client. They don't have the ability to enforce such a ban. Furthermore in encouraging players to undertake actions that are in contravention of the EA terms of Service  they are putting those players' accounts at risk.
    The CORRECT way to report a bug is
    • time,
    • date,
    • shard of the occurrence,
    • steps that caused the bug
    • whether or not it was repeatable
    No other information is needed or relevant. For pity's sake STOP adding the information that is against the ToS and forcing us to take action against such posts!

This discussion has been closed.