This is getting ridiculous

2»

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    "lol,
    to play game you need to  access files and copy/paste random files,

should just double click game icon, like you know, every other PC game.
    "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    edited May 2023
    Yoshi said:
    "lol,
    to play game you need to  access program files and copy/paste,

should just double click game icon, like you know, every other PC game.

for a start, i don't even have admin permission on my PC to access these files, i have to contact someone else for that lol"
    You do not have to.  So stop spreading false information 

You do it to play efficiently. 

You could redo your macros daily if you want to and not save them.

Notice I totally did not say a smart ass comeback to you not having access to your own computer. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited May 2023
    "point is, if Saul didn't come to forum, there is no documentation on what he should do to fix his issue where he has called chars the same name.

How new player is going to figure about buying name change deed and copy/pasting files and deleting old ones?

Everyone who plays should have a degree in IT and be able to do basic programming okay"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    What is ridiculous,  in 26 years I have never seen a thread about this topic with posters acting like we are telling them they have to do some phenomenal feat.

Probably 80% of UO players have never copied these files and about the same never knew they existed.  But now you jump to, I can't play UO after playing if for 25 years. 
    How do you get permission to download those non official clients that could have a key logger in them?
    "exactly, i have to ask permission from Rorscharch who make me do it"
    edited May 2023
    Pawain said:
    What is ridiculous,  in 26 years I have never seen a thread about this topic

I merely remember reading about it in threads from years ago when people discussed it on Stratics.
    "If you two want to keep pom poming, you should at least get your stories straight"
    I meant such a complicated one sorry. I did not put that word in. I'm sure there has been a thread about everything imaginable.

I realized something. Another common thing in Atl general chat after the OP talks is,  I thought I put you on ignore! Why do I still hear you!?
    Now we know why.

I'm outta here.  Fell for another one from the OP.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 903
    edited May 2023

Yoshi said:
    “I experience almost 0 bugs when I go to trammel

Select nearest hostile: don't need to seperate neutral animals from oranges as no orange in tram and when other players cast red drone you don't actually attack them as you can't, and guild members not possible for them to turn grey/red in trammel...

Wall of stone - no rubber banding as you walk through it in trammel

Nerve strike debuff missing, I don't think there even is a mob that nerve strikes in trammel

attunement cooldown - only bugged in CC, fixed 100% in EC default ui even, happens in trammel but mobs don't move as fast as player so you can just move out of the way of mob...

Proof that if dev ever played game they stay in trammel and probably use EC too"

Those are able to be encountered in Trammel if people ever use the "Guild War" features. My guild/alliance had a guild war against nWa and their alliance (when that guild existed), I know both sides lost a lot of members over that because cross-shard pvpers absolutely hated logged into Luna and being ganked immediately.

I don't recall if wall of stone had an effect against enemy targets, but they weren't used anyway because most of the fighting we had during that war, took place in Luna (mostly in guardzone), the rest was mostly at fel spawns/yew gate.  pretty good times.  -it was also before everyone started wall scripting. so that's the main reason :p
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    OK  I have read this entire thread and I have only one question.  Why would anyone want to name two chars. on the same shard the same name?  All my chars. are unique and deserve their own unique name.  Are both the same build?  Please explain the reason/rational why you would do this, seriously.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 639
    edited May 2023
    *turns red*
    Because it keeps things simple and typically I usually can't think up a decent name when I'm creating a new char. This is also known as being simply lazy. :p
    OK  I have read this entire thread and I have only one question.  Why would anyone want to name two chars. on the same shard the same name?  All my chars. are unique and deserve their own unique name.  Are both the same build?  Please explain the reason/rational why you would do this, seriously.
    So he can log in a different one so others who put him on ignore will still hear his rants in general chat until they ignore that version of him also.
  • OK  I have read this entire thread and I have only one question.  Why would anyone want to name two chars. on the same shard the same name?  All my chars. are unique and deserve their own unique name.  Are both the same build?  Please explain the reason/rational why you would do this, seriously.

Ok so....Pawain and Amber Witch have both offered credible answers as well, but I'll add another one: Among RolePlayers, this gives you a certain ability to say that this character is one of those Conan the Barbarian / Last Dragonborn character types that's good at everything--or, at the very least, is good at way more things than the UO mechanics can possibly reflect.

Another way people do this is through use of multiple soulstones, in effect creating a custom template for every situation that character might find him- or herself in.

But having multiple characters with the same name is easier sometimes.

I can think of at least two famous RPers in Great Lakes who've used the multiple character/same name method, and one famous RPer on Lake Superior who used the soulstone method.

(For my part I always just sort of accepted the limitations of UO's mechanics but I have a lot of respect for those who see opportunities where I see limitations.)

Most people who do do the multi-character/same name thing, though, have long-since learned how to manage with this long-standing and annoying, but non-critical, bug.

If they ever fixed this I'd surely smile. But I'd smile more of certain other things were addressed first, including things that the popular kids have dismissed as "not broken" in the past.
    *turns red*
    Because it keeps things simple and typically I usually can't think up a decent name when I'm creating a new char. This is also known as being simply lazy. :p
    Name them after your friends/kids/grandchildren
    Pawain said:
    So he can log in a different one so others who put him on ignore will still hear his rants in general chat until they ignore that version of him also.
    So I can only shit talk in Gen Chat if I have the same name, STUPID.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 639
    *turns red*

I wouldn't do that to them. You know what I'm like in game. >:)
    Besides, I like having my chars named the same.
    edited May 2023
    *turns red*

I wouldn't do that to them. You know what I'm like in game. >:)
    Besides, I like having my chars named the same.
    You too fancy pants to use One, Two or Three?
     :D 

I make names that go well with the Artisan gift box.
     >:) 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    edited May 2023
      Please explain the reason/rational why you would do this, seriously.

One reason for the same name, at least for me several years ago before soulstones were so prevalent and common, was I liked to have one char be a thief and the other to be a non-thief so I could trick people who would try to kill me on sight (fun getting them guard whacked or murder counts). I also did this for like a mage char & warrior char for similar reasons; they would think I was one or the other and it would give me the initial advantage from the surprise.

Soulstones are easier to come by now and I don't PvP anymore so having that misdirection doesn't really matter so I no longer have chars the same name but I can see a newer player that wanted to PvP but not wanting to swap everything could still use this tactic.
    “Yes many guilds used to like everyone being the same name because it made it hard for the opposition to call the target.
    but not so much nowadays as the caller selects the target and it’s automatically selected for guild mates with script”
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542

I generally like to keep most of my house owners names Tyrath.  And it does not matter one way or another to me about them all having the same macros because my macros are all the same across all of the accounts. And yep most of my characters are identical within 3 classes Tamer/Mage/Crafter-Mule. 

edited May 2023
    Tyrath said:

I generally like to keep most of my house owners names Tyrath.  And it does not matter one way or another to me about them all having the same macros because my macros are all the same across all of the accounts. And yep most of my characters are identical within 3 classes Tamer/Mage/Crafter-Mule. 

That is naming one char on one account/one shard times how many accounts you have.  That is not naming 2 chars the same on one shard.  I have many Frodos on many shards/accounts for collecting gifts but never have I had 2 Frodos on the same account/shard and I have never had the problem the OP is having.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,398
    all my characters are Skett on all shards and accounts I use the same macros and desktop on all accounts. It keeps it easy past and copy the files to every account folder its all the same. I have no issues at all.
    edited May 2023
    We are very lucky we can name our characters anything.  There is nothing wrong with having 5 Allens on one shard, Only an insane person would do such a thing.

But you should not have to explain why you name your toons what you did, we are here to listen if you want to explain.
    "i just told you, if you're pvping, we had a whole guild of people called same name to be annonymous and to confuse enemy, why you no read?
    and people want to join guild with more than 1 template
    all my chars are in same guild"