Expired certificate

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 793
Websites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set time period. The certificate for downloads.eamythic.com expired on 4/17/2023.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,985
    All issues are user issues unless they are EA issues at no time is the development team who are in charge of everything and we can like it or not unless it's an issue ever to blame 

But really all you folks who do this for a living who's responsible for certificate renewal? 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 793
    Moderator, feel free to exercise your powers here.
    From a user POV, it doesn't matter which corporate entity manages the certificate.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Some comments have been removed for terms of service violations.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    "they are finally admitting that Classic client is not supported and should not be downloaded. I just booted up classic client to check and can confirm it's not supported in fel"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,985
    Clearly Mesanna has no responsibility in calling to get this fixed and each user should instead call
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    "they are going to instead provide a safe download link to a client that works when you get nerve striked? "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    Yoshi said:
    "they are finally admitting that Classic client is not supported and should not be downloaded. I just booted up classic client to check and can confirm it's not supported in fel"

LMAO  You get the same thing with the EC so I guess you should just quit.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    Did not get this message last night when I logged on with Google.   Is this just a Firefox issue? Really, someone on staff should be responsipal for updating the website certificate.  Have not seen the expired message for years on any site.  Think UO should confirm they have renewed it.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    Arnold7 said:
    Did not get this message last night when I logged on with Google.   Is this just a Firefox issue? Really, someone on staff should be responsipal for updating the website certificate.  Have not seen the expired message for years on any site.  Think UO should confirm they have renewed it.
    LOL  That site is OWNED by EA NOT BS