More than one computer

Thinking about putting my account on a second computer in a different location.  Will playing the same account on computers in different locations mess things up?  Wondering if I create a macro on one computer if it will update and transfer to the second computer when I play on that one or will I need to recreate it?  Only have one account.  Thanks

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Copy the user data file on puter a and paste on new 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited May 2023
    If you are running on Windows 10 or 11 Windows will by default upload your user files to the cloud and share them among your other Windows 10 or 11 computers.  Which can be great if your computers have the same screen resolution.  Not so great when they do not because you need to rearrange your icons every time you switch computers.  Because I have different screen resolutions between my laptop and desktop I've turned off the automatic cloud upload.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    TimSt said:
    If you are running on Windows 10 or 11 Windows will by default upload your user files to the cloud and share them among your other Windows 10 or 11 computers.  Which can be great if your computers have the same screen resolution.  Not so great when they do not because you need to rearrange your icons every time you switch computers.  Because I have different screen resolutions between my laptop and desktop I've turned off the automatic cloud upload.
    You say automatic, is this a UO cloud or One of the other clouds like google or whatever, I have never used any cloud, the only one on my PC is One Drive, It is not set up either.

I am nephophobic.  I need to know if I have been exposed to a cloud.

Thanks

Answer quickly please I am getting anxious.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    @Pawain, That would be Microsoft's OneDrive cloud storage.
    edited May 2023
    Since I have not made an account I am still cloud free. Whew
    Thanks
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Thanks for the information.

• DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    Pawain said:
    Since I have not made an account I am still cloud free. Whew
    Thanks
    I'm pretty sure all of Lake Superior is in the cloud.  Try downloading your house to your hard drive and see.
    Which cloud?  I use zip drives and send files by email.  Have never had a need to use the cloud. 

My file explorer does not have a cloud other than the One Drive, which has not been turned on.

Also only use my desktop.  What would I  cloud something to?
    edited May 2023
    Check your hard drive for your ultima online files.  I don’t use the cloud either so mine are on my hard drive, suspect yours are too.  If I get the other computer running might consider putting my UO files in the cloud but for the time being will keep them on the hard drive.  If you used multiple computers for the same account, putting those files on the cloud would allow both computers to access the same file set when you play the game.

Cloud is good for storing things and large programs that take up a lot of memory.
    Yes, Mine are on the hard drive.

I have a folder for generic mage and generic warrior that I can copy them onto any shard character so if I happen to make a toon somewhere I can at least have the basic macros ready for use.

You should make a backup copy of working macros, there is is crash glitch that can reset them.  It happens like once a year to me. So, I can just copy the Macros back instead of redoing them.

These files are very useful.
    Thanks for the reminder.  Always forget to do that.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    The Cloud you say? Here's mine

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

I just Switched to this Cloud server.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    very nice views you have there !
    edited May 2023
    Skett said:
    very nice views you have there !
    Thank you. Views from my Property on Roosevelt Mountain. Not far from your Home.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    very nice indeed. I hope one day I can buy some property like yours !
    Too much yardwork needed.  :D
    Pawain said:
    That's True, all I do from April to October is attempt to keep up with the mowing. 

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    edited May 2023
    Pawain said:
    That's True, all I do from April to October is attempt to keep up with the mowing. 

Turn half of it into ponds and lake a lot less mowing.  And you get to enjoy the cloud a lot more :)  WOW the lake was not even half full when I took this pic early last fall. Was doing some editing on that Deer video I uploaded last night and switched back to it after posting this and it really stood out between this pic and the video how much different is now from then.

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    You might be able to place a keep on that spot.