Next Newsletter?

13»

Comments

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    OP inquired about the next newsletter.  You among others turned it into a bug discussion and an inquisition into Mesanna.  
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,002
    Rocko said:
    OP inquired about the next newsletter.  You among others turned it into a bug discussion and an inquisition into Mesanna.  
    See it's a pattern someone ask a question the developers should answer of course if the developers responded well we will never know because they ignore THEN it goes off the rails 
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 73
    edited May 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Rocko said:
    See it's a pattern someone ask a question the developers should answer of course if the developers responded well we will never know because they ignore THEN it goes off the rails 

You've hit the nail on the head with your observation about the frustrating pattern of communication (or lack thereof) from Broadsword. It's disheartening when players have genuine questions or concerns, but the developers remain silent, leaving us in the dark.

It's understandable that Broadsword have a lot on their plate, but taking a moment to acknowledge and respond to player inquiries goes a long way in fostering a positive and engaged community. When developers choose to ignore these concerns, it creates a breeding ground for disgruntlement and frustration.

Players begin to feel like their voices don't matter, their concerns are insignificant, and their investment in the game is unappreciated. This can lead to a growing sense of disillusionment, causing some players to lose interest and move on to other games.

Friendly communication is key to building trust and keeping players engaged. Developers need to recognize the importance of transparency and actively address player questions and concerns. Even if they don't have all the answers or cannot fulfill every request, a simple acknowledgement can make a world of difference.

A little communication goes a long way in fostering a healthy and thriving community. I just wish Broadsword would understand this. They know about this too, because in a couple of their stream for the NL announcements they mention to keep things civil.

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Grimbeard said:
    Rocko said:
    If this is what you truly believe, and that all of your posts in regards to developer/producer communication with the customer has proven fruitless, then you should try another approach.

Here is a suggestion or two for you, @Grimbeard ;

1. Use this forum to organize a letter writing campaign.  Use USPS, not email.  Define what you think your letter should be and organize players to send the letter to BS. 
    2. If you are an investor in EA (or not) send letters to investor relations detailing what you see the issues to be.

You can be the hero. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    I've been doing some thinking on the communication for UO (mainly because I have nothing in game to actually keep me busy).

I do think it's unrealistic to expect the Devs to send out a communication about what's up next like the day after the previous event ends, but I also think that something within a week or two would be in order given that we haven't heard anything about the game since the previous event launched (over 2 months ago). This isn't the current trend of the Devs though... we usually go weeks/months before getting an update. To be clear, I'm not saying the next event should start a week after the last one ends (although I wouldn't have minded it this time since I didn't play the last event given there was nothing new); just give us an update of when to expect the next thing to do and what we can expect.

Surely the Devs are not just now planning what our next event will be when they've had the past 2 months to figure it out while the Spring event was taking place (if so, that's a huge problem) so they should have this information. We are also in the 6th month of the year and the last newsletter we received was Jan 20th so what better time than the present to give us a newsletter with a roadmap for the rest of the year.

Below is frequency of the Newsletter over the past 2.5 years.

2021 - 8 Newsletters. Very close to be a monthly cadence
    2022 - 3 newsletters. Extreme decline and when a lot of people started complaining about communication.
    2023 - On pace for 2, maybe 3 newsletters. Is there really nothing to update the player base on for 6 months? Is there actually that little is being done that there is nothing to communicate?

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    Will be soon. You can see the set up on Origin right now.  Seems like it will be like the 25th anniversary Faire.  Kinda like I guessed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Will be soon. You can see the set up on Origin right now.  Seems like it will be like the 25th anniversary Faire.  Kinda like I guessed.

Happen to have the link to that post where you nailed that guess?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

In some post I said I hope it is like the 25th anniversary Faire because I liked it.  If you have not noticed, I make quite a few posts. :D so I'm not looking.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

In some post I said I hope it is like the 25th anniversary Faire because I liked it.  If you have not noticed, I make quite a few posts. :D so I'm not looking.
    So you didn't really guess anything? Sounds like you might have said you hoped it was like something which is different from guessing what it would be. Going off that logic I can hope we get something to do and I'd have guessed that too?
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,389
    I hope you two find some sort of truths with each other