Next Newsletter?

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Yoshi said:

Grimbeard said:
    Rorschach said:
    Some posts have been removed.

1. No Posting In Breach Of Games’ Terms of Service - You must not post, or link to materials that are, in breach of the games’ Terms of Service. This includes, but is not limited to:
      1. Advertisement or promotion of unofficial servers.
      2. Information on exploits of bugs in sufficient detail to allow others to perform said exploit.
      3. Cash sales of in game items.
     third party clients are illegal HERE but will we see some enforcement in game as well? Most importantly can a developer actually clarify because a huge segment of the population believes in their legality by the lack of enforcement 

"classic client is still not supported in fel, i just logged on it and checked to verify.

does that help?

let me know when it works thanks"
    Remarkable I guess UO changes my client every time I go to my Fel castle without me knowing it.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Nothing to see here 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    “I am more likely to get banned from forum for stating fact than being banned in game”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    This thread is exactly what Mesanna likes us fighting with each other rather than all holding her accountable 
  • MacroPlanetMacroPlanet Posts: 70
    Grimbeard said:
    This thread is exactly what Mesanna likes us fighting with each other rather than all holding her accountable 
    I'm actually curious. Has there been a time where change or anything came from people posting in the forums? Or is this just really a place for all UOer's to vent a little bit? 

If not, then where do we voice our concerns for this game where we can get an actual response? It's gotten to the point where even r/ultimaonline doesn't even think Broadsword's UO is even a contender compared to some of the other UO offerings.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    "I would like to use Classic client, but many fel guilds have banned it as it attacks own guildmates when grey/red, plus other bugs.
    Hoping they fix, really do NOT like having to run this potentially unsafe untrusted tp software on my PC"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Grimbeard said:
    I'm actually curious. Has there been a time where change or anything came from people posting in the forums? Or is this just really a place for all UOer's to vent a little bit? 

If not, then where do we voice our concerns for this game where we can get an actual response? It's gotten to the point where even r/ultimaonline doesn't even think Broadsword's UO is even a contender compared to some of the other UO offerings.
    Yes the devs have made changes from reading feed back on post here.
    none I have asked for like adding the year of the vet rewards back to the menu like the old gump had before the change or making BGs fishing pole have at luck on it... but thats just my request I have seen them make changes. go to the test center forums when new pubs are about to be released and give constructive feed back how/what youd like see/or happen...
    The fact that the developers do read what's posted here and choose to ignore it just makes it more offensive take baja and the lag/reverts why no comments?? If it was Atlantic or even one of the Asian shards there'd be a log in screen announcement 
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    edited May 2023
    If not, then where do we voice our concerns for this game where we can get an actual response? 
    You get an actual response by exercising the true power we have as subscribers and unsubscribe your account. That's what kills me about most of the complains on this forum and the endless pages of nonsense about "accountability." You can't hold them accountable by non-stop complaining while still paying for the product.

I think the team is well aware that every single person complaining on these forums are a paid subscriber. You cannot post here otherwise. And so for as mad as these people seem to be all the time, they're still paying for the privilege of being mad. 

The game is obviously still meeting whatever metric EA cares about, whether its a set amount of money brought in every month, a set number of minimum subscribers, a set number of use per active account, or some combination there in. 

With that in mind, how mad are these people here? Are they *mad* enough to unsubscribe and let their houses fall? Mad enough to walk away and let their accounts no longer accrue subscription time for vet rewards? Mad enough to actually do the one thing that could make change in the game?

Or do they just want to complain? 

Jepeth said:
    If not, then where do we voice our concerns for this game where we can get an actual response? 
    You get an actual response by exercising the true power we have as subscribers and unsubscribe your account. That's what kills me about most of the complains on this forum and the endless pages of nonsense about "accountability." You can't hold them accountable by non-stop complaining while still paying for the product.

I think the team is well aware that every single person complaining on these forums are a paid subscriber. You cannot post here otherwise. And so for as mad as these people seem to be all the time, they're still paying for the privilege of being mad. 

The game is obviously still meeting whatever metric EA cares about, whether its a set amount of money brought in every month, a set number of minimum subscribers, a set number of use per active account, or some combination there in. 

With that in mind, how mad are these people here? Are they *mad* enough to unsubscribe and let their houses fall? Mad enough to walk away and let their accounts no longer accrue subscription time for vet rewards? Mad enough to actually do the one thing that could make change in the game?

Or do they just want to complain? 

Quitting doesn't fix the problem 
    Grimbeard said:
    This is a service we pay for. If I didn't like the service I was receiving, quitting would certainly fix my problem.
    Jepeth said:
    Grimbeard said:
    This is a service we pay for. If I didn't like the service I was receiving, quitting would certainly fix my problem.
    Many of us have invested 20+ years of our lives not just the subscription fees but our hearts and souls we have literally lived loved and lost in game we should walk away and let the dark lady win? I think not
    edited May 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Many of us have invested 20+ years of our lives not just the subscription fees but our hearts and souls we have literally lived loved and lost in game we should walk away and let the dark lady win? I think not
    This 'dark lady' stuff is nonsense. Bonnie Armstrong is a person employed to produce a product. You can disagree with her direction but don't frame your issues with the game in such personal terms. You and Broadsword operate under a financial agreement. There are no "winners" and "losers" here. You either continue to pay for the product or you don't. 

Further more.. the game is going to close one day. Your 20+ years won't matter for anything when the login servers are shut off. The only thing you can hold onto when the game closes is the relationships with people you forge and the memories you choose to prioritize. Both of these things have absolutely nothing to do with how you may feel about Bonnie Armstrong.
    Jepeth said:
    Grimbeard said:
    This 'dark lady' stuff is nonsense. Bonnie Armstrong is a person employed to produce a product. You can disagree with her direction but don't frame your issues with the game in such personal terms. You and Broadsword operate under a financial agreement. There are no "winners" and "losers" here. You either continue to pay for the product or you don't. 

Further more.. the game is going to close one day. Your 20+ years won't matter for anything when the login servers are shut off. The only thing you can hold onto when the game closes is the relationships with people you forge and the memories you choose to prioritize. Both of these things have absolutely nothing to do with how you may feel about Bonnie Armstrong.
    I never mix bonnie the person and Mesanna the developer
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Grimbeard said:
    Jepeth said:
    Grimbeard said:

I never mix bonnie the person and Mesanna the developer
    LMAO  "Mesanna" is NOT a developer she is a Producer at Broadsword Online Games.  Huge difference but you would not know that.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited May 2023

LMAO  "Mesanna" is NOT a developer she is a Producer at Broadsword Online Games.  Huge difference but you would not know that.
    Some bosses throw employees under the bus, I have never seen her blame the actual developers or coders for the things people complain about in UO.  Glad that has not been her approach.

Just like normal people do not pay for things they do not like, especially when it is for a non necessity, employees tend not to stay at a job they do not like, her team has been around since 2012?  The ones that matter seem to think she is doing a good job.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Can we get a list of things we might hold her responsible for from you two experts?  Would make things much clearer 
    Shes responsible for making PIE ! 
    Grimbeard said:
    Can we get a list of things we might hold her responsible for from you two experts?  Would make things much clearer 
    Keeping the servers running.  Eventually we will see the results of the Biggest and Boldest.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Keeping the servers running.  Eventually we will see the results of the Biggest and Boldest.
    Well then the citizens of baja deserve a response right ?or is unplayable lag and reverts there fault and doesn't deserve communication 
    They will fix it if they have not already, No one is still posting about it.  Just like they fix the main issues that arise each week or so.   They do not need our adulation to fix things, since they just fix and move on.
    Pawain said:
    They will fix it if they have not already, No one is still posting about it.  Just like they fix the main issues that arise each week or so.   They do not need our adulation to fix things, since they just fix and move on.
    Funny someone posted just yesterday about reverts 
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    Well, I certainly appreciate you all completely derailing the thread here.

It's reasonable to expect consistent communication regarding the current status and future roadmap. That being said, it is unreasonable to expect that communication to answer every whim of a question or ultimately be accountable to your expectations. I don't expect the bus driver to go where I tell them to, but I do expect some indicator of where we're at on the route. 

The people in this thread on both ends of the extreme of the conversation seem more interested in fighting each other and seeing who can yell the loudest to prove their right. You're both a large part of the problem with the game's current state. 
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Karyn said:

The people in this thread on both ends of the extreme of the conversation seem more interested in fighting each other and seeing who can yell the loudest to prove their right. You're both a large part of the problem with the game's current state. 
    Agreed, this is a complete shit show. 
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    I have removed several posts for either a terms of service violation or a quote of such a post.  

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    You ought to lock this thread since it really is going nowhere.  Honestly, you have shown great restraint to this point.
    Rocko said:
    You ought to lock this thread since it really is going nowhere.  Honestly, you have shown great restraint to this point.
    Zero reason to lock this thread it's ok to have heated discussions and people can choose to not read
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    I don't see how a complaint session is a heated discussion.  It's a pissing contest with no direction, peeing on each others shoes.  Not nice.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Rocko said:
    I don't see how a complaint session is a heated discussion.  It's a pissing contest with no direction, peeing on each others shoes.  Not nice.

It was fine before your .02.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    Rocko said:
    Where should we go to express our dissatisfaction?