I would really like everyone's thoughts on this.

13»

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 687
    edited May 2023
    CovenantX said:
    'direct-to-pack' reward items need to be account bound if they're obtained by an EJ account.
    This. This needs to happen. I'm not saying retroactively make everything account bound, and I'm not saying make all current encounters all the sudden account bound. New content (ha), with new rewards, especially high-end/best in slot needs to be account bound. ToTs are the perfect place for account bound items, especially in place of the awful shard bound. Curb the grind with lower cost account bound rewards. Hell, make every claimed reward 5 point each for all I care since it's account bound it's technically worthless!

For example, I think the thorn/eggs right now would have been a good test run of account bound: cheap reward prices, very very low barrier of entry to do (you don't need luck) and the monsters don't even attack back. You literally have to log in to the game and participate in the content for a short period in a 2-month time frame. ANYONE CAN DO THIS. 

Gets players playing the game, encouraging subscriptions, able to repeat desirable rewards (Balron Bone Armor anyone?) more often/every time, reduce tot fatigue/grind, reduce bots drastically, reduce rmt profitability, system already in place, A+, win/win for everyone (except bots! wop wop). Wow username you're so smart.

Measures like this that reduces RMT/bot profitability = less bots.
    Account bound rewards + do not allow 3rd party clients (which is the environment these incredibly complex scripts are being in ran BY THE WAY) and Ultima Online will be great again.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 74
    username said:
    Yoshi said:
    "people: Cameos are too expensive
    people also: Stop scriipting shadowguard!

???"
    Said no one ever. More likely we refuse to buy them from obvious bot farmers but at this point it seems as if that's the only people that sell them.

But do you know what people have said? (and you can check my post history for this one) 

people: ToT items shouldn't be account bound because I want to sell them for huge profit
    people also: I can't compete with the bots selling them cause they afk script on dozens of characters while I sleep to work for my 8-5
    i think we found khan aka keith of sonoma again living on a planet with unicorns

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    edited May 2023
    Yoshi said:
    "shadowguard drops are now capped at 3 per encounter though no?
    these items are prob from when you used to get double/triple drop from using the double party trick"
        I'm pretty sure the last time I did a run with a guildy we did 3 runs (10 characters total) and we had 5 drops in one run without any type of "bonus' drop bugs.

with the old double-boss bug (any client) & triple party bug (required illegal programs) you could theoretically have up to 6 drops per character... with a maximum of 4 characters in party, the party leader being able to recieve 2 drops  -I believe both bugs have been fixed, but not before a massive stock was accumulated.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    username said: 
    Account bound rewards + do not allow 3rd party clients (which is the environment these incredibly complex scripts are being in ran BY THE WAY) and Ultima Online will be great again.
    “One guy said to me the other day he wished it was just UOAssist and you didn’t have to use 3rd party client, I was surprised I said I thought you liked 3rd party? He said he just uses because he has to. 
    But I assume he’s in the minority, I can’t see everyone going back even if they somehow did make CC useable in all facets.
    Last publish had 0 bug fixes, so it looks like they are going full throttle the other direction, plus forum mods fast close down any requests for bug fixes that are exclusive to CC, they only keep threads open for bugs that affect 3rd party client too, read into that what you will.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The EC will do so much more than most of you know it will do. If you can just get past your hatred of the graphics.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Come on it's not like that's another 7000 trade runs in 5 days or anything obviously it's one of Allen's buddies always at the keyboard 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Grimbeard said:
    Come on it's not like that's another 7000 trade runs in 5 days or anything obviously it's one of Allen's buddies always at the keyboard 
    I am.  You just do not understand addiction.  Lots of people can do what they want to with their time.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    While we're at it might as well make EM drops shard bound. Every single damn event on Catskills is rampant with multiboxer stacks. Too many to even grab the bars and paperdolls of

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    EM are lagfest the off sharders are rude and every drop flys  to Atlantic so yes shard bound EM drops. off sharders get no say in event times or days 
    Some nice player sold me last months drop for 100M.  Others were selling them for 400M at first them lower, But I said Id pay 100M and they said ok.

Thanks to whoever that was, it will live on LS forever.

But ya, it would take just a little time and effort to send a GM team to look at those.  Since we know when and where it will happen and they can easily grab a team or two and drag them to jail and make them wait there till all the paperwork is done then release them, just as the event ends, see what that would stir up.  :D
    Or the GM could simply take the time to look at the account/ip address logs which is what happened with me. No player paged on me because I was out to sea and encountered NO players or their ships. This GM simply saw because he was directed to look, that multiple characters all had the same ip address so he/she came to look, when I didn't answer because I wasn't actually sitting at my computer because I wasn't actually doing anything in game, he hauled (only my EJs mind you) to jail.

edited May 2023
    I hope this thread will be allowed to stay open, I would like to continue to provide updates while nothing is being done about this, I think it's highly informative.

• creampiecreampie Posts: 74
    I hope this thread will be allowed to stay open, I would like to continue to provide updates while nothing is being done about this, I think it's highly informative.

dude every topic you open is a bash on the game, i started playing this game early 2000 with multiple stops... scripting is going since ever and in every damn game...do i say they should do nothing no but posting everyday on forum bashing on devs and other bugs... for scripting the way to report is already in game no need to make more toxic post for any people wanting to come play the game and go see forums and see all this shit. i have a house near a mountain i see multiple time per months some bots mining do i come to forum to post it....no it s been going since ever and they let it go so....now there is many people with damn many accounts who scripts yes....do you want the 5 devs team give all there time on this for months and the month after new scripts are done? or maybe you want them to ban hundreds of accounts and lower $$$ the cash they can get per subs per months? you have to live with it if you like the game and enjoy to play ultima online not sure you are presently seriously...maybe it s time for you to move on or enjoy what you like from the game and forget those shit because it will not change ever.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    My thoughts on this thread:

beep boop bop

Thank you.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited May 2023
    Pawain said:
    CovenantX said:

don't think it's possible to get rid of 100% of the cheating, but we're not talking about 100% of it (though that would be great), we're talking about the blatant cheating going on that is ignored.

I'd be hard pressed to think the devs don't know it's going on.

Right now I am on the internet on mulple pages, watching TV, playing 2 games. I am not allowed to multitask?

Sure he may be running macros or whatever, but he is there. You can dispute it, but are you at his house watching him?  The GM is not either.

Maybe we should be required to Zoom with a GM every time we are paged on?

"Sure he may be running macros or whatever".... Let's break this down because it falls into 2 categories. Legal and illegal. Macros can legally be created in game. I'm sure you know enough about UO to know that there is not a macro that exists in CC or EC (only 2 legit clients) that will allow someone to basically run a trade run (even just 1 run) in the background while you surf the net?? I mean technically you aren't attended if you aren't actively clicking your mouse but I'd accept that this would be open to interpretation.

That leaves the "whatever" which is a script that essentially runs in the background while requiring zero input from the player. That is illegal. CC (UOA) and EC cannot run a fully automated script that would select a trade run / run to a vendor to fill / hop on a boat or run to X coords all automatically...that requires a 3rd party client (to my knowledge non are legal).

So basically you are saying it's ok to cheat using scripts as long as you can answer a GM? This doesn't even take into consideration the script including a canned response OR considering the notion that GMs might not even bother checking on the reported bots.

How hard is it to keep drinking that KoolAid with your head buried that deep in the sand? Do you use a straw?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    keven2002 said:So basically you are saying it's ok to cheat using scripts as long as you can answer a GM? 
    “Yes this appears to be the case if they are paid accounts at least”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    keven2002 said:So basically you are saying it's ok to cheat using scripts as long as you can answer a GM? 
    “Yes this appears to be the case if they are paid accounts at least”
    Yup, going by what I see on the forums, that is correct.

But I do not think any actual scripters come here and confess, so we only get one side.
    edited May 2023
    keven2002 said:

So basically you are saying it's ok to cheat using scripts as long as you can answer a GM? This doesn't even take into consideration the script including a canned response OR considering the notion that GMs might not even bother checking on the reported bots.

Are they really there though? Two seconds of training Bard and/or using a bard api and looks like you won't even have to be attended either:

Or pay a couple of bucks for your own ChatGPT Sandbox. You bet it can absolutely answer other simple questions, mathematics, what color is the sky, etc.

All quiet for almost 3 days, so dude either got a 72 hr or a perma, and the city treasury has dropped below a plat for the first time in over a year.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Probably loaded up the bots on another shard with all this exposure. but maybe with this neon sign the devs could have...?  Nah, no way in hell.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    He's right back at it, so they never did anything to him/her  @Kyronix