Does this happen on all shards?

There is a certain person on Atlantic that will hack you get your personal details and share them, take your stuff (I cant tay who), they also harass you with personal details that have been obtained through this process, I have spoken to ex Gm's who are fully aware of this type of behavior and said "its normal", furthermore hacking, cheating and duping within the protection of the GM community was also normal.

Remember when it was just Clops? Ahh the good old days

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    If you have proof of this, send it by email to uo@broadsword.com.  If anyone has actually been a victim of this process they should do the same.
    It is not a process I am aware of myself, but if it IS happening the devs need full details, the kind of details that can't be shared here.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 895
    edited May 2023
    Mariah said:
    If you have proof of this, send it by email to uo@ broadsword.com.  If anyone has actually been a victim of this process they should do the same.
    It is not a process I am aware of myself, but if it IS happening the devs need full details, the kind of details that can't be shared here.
       If what the OP says were happening, it would be near impossible for a normal player to get 'proof' of this unless said player was benefiting from that type of corruption, and even then what motive would that player really have to report such behavior?  Ethics & Morals??  This is UO, there aren't many people that would even get caught up in things such as this that have any ethical or moral standing left.

I know it was happening with the advisor program. (which I believe was suspended at some point, probably due to that exact issue)

I also know EMs can abuse their power and could cause market flooding of just about anything they want, I'm not saying it's going on.  I'm saying it's possible.... and GMs & EMs are also normal paying/playing customers after all.

Edit- After the Clops incident,  I would expect the Devs to have some kind of log recording to keep track of what GMs & EMs do.  otherwise, there's massive opportunity for those people do 'undetectable' damage.  and if so, the lesson was not learned if that's the case.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    When I was a counselor there were logs of powers used, I"m sure there still exists such a thing for GMs and EMs.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    When I was a counselor on GL we were able to pick up items until a counselor exploited this feature.  Then, we got mittens.  I think Kal El was running the program. Then there was the class action lawsuit.....but I digress.

As far as stealing your personal info, what a hacker will do is get the victim to download software that allows the hacker into their computer.