Lag spikes

Not sure why no one has brought this up yet, first i thought it was on my end, but after hearing lots of other people complaining about the bad lag spikes i know now thats its not, ive died i dont know how many times now because of this. the game will just freeze up and when it unfreezes your dead, this has only been an issue for a few days now.
But yet no response from the Dev team on this issue? i dont get it? do they not care or are they just lazy? the old team we had years ago, man as soon as something like this happen they be posting about it, ya we know this is goin on, we are looking into it this is the problem, its being fixed blah blah.
but now? completed silence, we are left in the dark. just take a few minutes to let us know, talk to us, maybe you guys wouldn't get such harsh criticism and such negative feedback if you guys just communicated with us.

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2023
    Really bad for me, yet not everyone seems to be suffering?

Again, I thought it was only me, I've checked every single thing re my set-up at home.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Not something I'm seeing. I think more info might be required.

Shard? Facet? Where, in a dungeon? overland? fighting mobs? Fighting players?

In the past I would have advised doing a trace to check for bottle necks in your route, but I'm not sure if that's feasible now.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Happened to me yesterday early morning. It was more than a lag spike, and all I was doing was walking around the inside of my house.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Happens to me when I logon for a minute or so.  Otherwise was ok but was playing alone.  Game seems to have the most, other than for the usual ones, problems after maintence is done.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    Hosting services have swapped from Amazon to Askjeeves.

/s
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    that has been happening to me
    doesn't matter where I am in game
    and it was doing it in both clients.

when I was running my characters for BODS
    i would move 3 spaces and pause (repeat, repeat, repeat)

at first I thought it was doing it because my computer did an update
    but its still been doing it after that.
    And it was doing that on my husbands computer too
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    That reminds me, I was laggy while gathering thorns. I just figured it was the other 2 games I had running causing lag 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    I H,,a,,v,,e  noideawhat y,,o,,u aretalkingabout

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 172
    Mariah said:

In the past I would have advised doing a trace to check for bottle necks in your route, but I'm not sure if that's feasible now.
    ok so its seems to be shard specific, right now you cant even log into baja, and the people who are on are in gen chat complaining about the lag spikes, cant even recall, but yet i can log onto atlantic and its just fine. But i spend most of my time on Baja so the lag spikes im referring to  are there.
  • NatakeuNatakeu Posts: 8
    Mariah said:

Shard: Baja Facet: Any Where? Anywhere in the server. For the past 10 days Baja has been plagued by severe lag, inability to login to the server, and two server crashes. The first crash lost 3 hours of play. The crash that happened 30 min ago lost about 2 days of progress. My guild had items arriving from ATL to Baja earlier. Now we are wondering if the items are just evaporated?
  • NatakeuNatakeu Posts: 8
    One more thing I forgot to add. Baja never performed a server restart during those two days at it's scheduled time. I can confirm this because I am awake & in-game during the time frame this is supposed to happen.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2023
    that has been happening to me
    doesn't matter where I am in game
    and it was doing it in both clients.

when I was running my characters for BODS
    i would move 3 spaces and pause (repeat, repeat, repeat)

at first I thought it was doing it because my computer did an update
    but its still been doing it after that.
    And it was doing that on my husbands computer too
    This is identical to what happened to me pvping, and completely screwed up my game, we were in a really cool mass fight as well.

I've barely played since.

It was 11th of May, I checked every single aspect of my set-up, and noted there was a Microsoft patch on that day also.

It's still happening, I check it each day, if it is happening, I basically cannot pvp, so log off.
    baja reverted by 2 days this morning and now lag spikes are really bad, Atleast someone from the Dev team please acknowledge you guys are aware of this issue.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    I have not experienced lag lately other than one spike for about 2 seconds.  I can't say if it was server, client or network.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    Whitewolf said:
    baja reverted by 2 days this morning and now lag spikes are really bad, Atleast someone from the Dev team please acknowledge you guys are aware of this issue.
    Clearly the developers are trapped in a lag spike themselves or they would have replied by now
    Grimbeard said:
    Whitewolf said:
    Clearly the developers are trapped in a lag spike themselves or they would have replied by now
    must be, right this second we cannot move or recall, can still chat in gen chat but everyone is frozen, been like that for 2 minutes now