Spellbook strap still broken

13»

Comments

• Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited May 2023
    Go argue with yourself.

This part was some text left over from a deleted post nothing to do with this at all, lol. I hate these stupid forums that save stuff that was previously deleted.

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 796
    Thanks to Yoshi, I tested a strap.  This is all on EC.

First, the slot/location tracking behavior associated with the strap appears consisent with what I posted here,

Second, none of the books I tested go back into the strap.  That includes various spellbooks, mastery book, spellweaving book, etc. That's using a equip/swap macro (swapping between books), or an unequip macro.

Third, the combination of the strap only holding 25 books, combined with the slot tracking behavior mentioned at point #1, means that when you swap/unequip books (that started in a strap), they will generally end up unequipped into chaotic locations in your main pack (since most people have a busy first 25 slots in the EC backpack view.  For EC, you are better off just organizing the books you equip/unequip near the bottom of your main backpack, so they return to those slots.

Four, one possible benefit for the strap for EC users:  put books you never equip in it.  Mastery book, spellweaving book, runebook, chiv, bushido, ninjitsu, etc in there.   Sadly, runic atlas are not equippable (?) so they cannot be put in the strap.

It's possible this strap is broken somehow, I'll leave room for that possibility.  I'll report anything else interesting after I've had it a week or more.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,016
    Thanks to Yoshi, I tested a strap.  This is all on EC.

First, the slot/location tracking behavior associated with the strap appears consisent with what I posted here,

Second, none of the books I tested go back into the strap.  That includes various spellbooks, mastery book, spellweaving book, etc. That's using a equip/swap macro (swapping between books), or an unequip macro.

Third, the combination of the strap only holding 25 books, combined with the slot tracking behavior mentioned at point #1, means that when you swap/unequip books (that started in a strap), they will generally end up unequipped into chaotic locations in your main pack (since most people have a busy first 25 slots in the EC backpack view.  For EC, you are better off just organizing the books you equip/unequip near the bottom of your main backpack, so they return to those slots.

Four, one possible benefit for the strap for EC users:  put books you never equip in it.  Mastery book, spellweaving book, runebook, chiv, bushido, ninjitsu, etc in there.   Sadly, runic atlas are not equippable (?) so they cannot be put in the strap.

It's possible this strap is broken somehow, I'll leave room for that possibility.  I'll report anything else interesting after I've had it a week or more.

Why is it so difficult to get developer input also let's move this back to the bugs forum where it belongs @Rorschach @Mariah
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    "because it is not described as having the functionality that you're expecting.
    I'm inclined to believe that those who said it does work like that, are mistaken.

I've shown footage of none of the books returning to strap, nobody has yet shown footage of a book returning to strap on any client.
    "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.