"Charmed" Weapon

Has anyone seen this before? A guildie of mine made this while reforging yesterday. I don't think I've seen this before. 

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,387
    I looted this one found it to be a strange name as well
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    Charmed / of Alchemy
    Runic Reforging – Ultima Online (uo.com)

Looks like the one Skett looted has the Enhance Potions.

Ron, you might want to check and see if that axe is "balanced" (can drink a potion with the axe equipped).
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Has anyone seen this before? A guildie of mine made this while reforging yesterday. I don't think I've seen this before. 
    That does not have the reforged tag. You sure he did not loot it?

What is the intensity of it? I don't see any properties.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,679

I looted this off one of the mini abomination rabbits
    (the current version of the vorbal bunny spawning)
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    “that's quite interesting actually that it has no properties, (was def loot not reforge btw)
    and has sort of extended some knowledge now

So Charmed like someone linked on the reforging menu means it will have EP
    By the way the reforging and loot tables are almost identicle.

however have now discovered that two-handed weaps don't generally spawn with EP hance why no properties on your axe - for obvious reasons, you can't pot with them, as balanced doesn't spawn on looted/reforged weapons (only bows)

However have found EP on the following two-handers: perhaps they were once one-handed?
    Battle axe, war cleaver, and war hammer are spawning with EP. - i suspect a bug/oversight, i just tested those 3 weaps to double check you really can't use a potion with them

"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited May 2023
    It rolled balanced prefix but didn't have high enough intensity to actually apply the mod because it's a mod that has no scaling intensity so if it rolls, then rolls zero, it gets the name but not the balanced mod itself.

Happens when your code doesn't account for zero potentials on a mod that literally can only roll 0 or 1
    gay said:
    It rolled balanced prefix but didn't have high enough intensity to actually apply the mod because it's a mod that has no scaling intensity so if it rolls, then rolls zero, it gets the name but not the balanced mod itself.

Happens when your code doesn't account for zero potentials on a mod that literally can only roll 0 or 1
    So could you reforge this weapon again?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,998
    I think yoshi correct in that charmed should not be option on two handed weapons 
    edited May 2023
    Charmed / of AlchemyEnhance Potions(only available on one-hand weapons) 15
    Balanced-

Did the OP see if it was balanced like somone asked?

The Balanced property can occur on two handed weapons found as loot, including bows. Balanced can also be imbued onto bows. While wielding a two-handed weapon with the Balanced property, one can perform any action that requires a free hand, such as drinking a Potion or throwing a Shuriken.

Its kinda weird a reforged weapon does not say reforged.

I am sure someone would pay a few mill for it at an auction.
    edited May 2023
    “Pawain, as usual your bold statement is incorrect.
    show me a pic of 1 looted two-handed melee weap with balanced. It only occurrs on bows for both loot and reforge

stop quoting uoguide, I told you I stopped correcting it as it was down for years and there’s too many mistakes, use uo official wiki instead

and what do you mean see if it was balanced? He/she posted a pic. You can see it’s not balanced
    if it was balanced it would say balanced..

(Actually there is a chance it could be reforged but strange no reforge tag, I’ll have to do some more testing, but I know you can’t choose charmed for double axe, maybe if just rolled it if the reforger didn’t choose any name

i’d have thought it was loot but maybe the crafter bought a load on non exceptional ones to reforge, I sometimes do that for low end pvm weaps to save on using whetstone)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “Pawain, as usual your bold statement is incorrect.
    show me a pic of 1 looted two-handed melee weap with balanced. It only occurrs on bows for both loot and reforge

stop quoting uoguide, I told you I stopped correcting it as it was down for years and there’s too many mistakes, use uo official wiki instead

and what do you mean see if it was balanced? He/she posted a pic. You can see it’s not balanced
    if it was balanced it would say balanced..
    its loot not reforge”
    Sorry mr know it all.  I can only go with what I got.  Just because you or I have not seen something in a game with 10s of thousands of things does not mean it does not exist.

I made no statement, I quoted a source.

The only way to find out is try it.  All I asked was, did he try it. 

Where do I state as a fact that there are 2 hand weapons with Balanced?

But maybe I wrote it in a color you can not see.

The OP said it was Reforged, youll have to take that up with them.

The first thing I asked was:

That does not have the reforged tag. You sure he did not loot it?

What is the intensity of it? I don't see any properties.

I am waiting for the OP to answer before telling him he is wrong unlike you.

edited May 2023
    “I edit my post before you replied see edit”
    edited May 2023
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Pawain said:
    Just because you or I have not seen something in a game with 10s of thousands of things does not mean it does not exist.

I made no statement, I quoted a source.

The only way to find out is try it.  All I asked was, did he try it. 

This post is a bit ironic given that 99.9% of the time you take the stance that if you didn't see something or an issue didn't happen to you then it doesn't exist. Turning a new leaf? :D
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,387
    user error
    "they've taken TC down so i can't check"
    edited May 2023
    "it was reforged using Grand artiface, and as no properties, does not have reforged tag

there are no special properties to it, cannot reforge it a second time, does not have hidden properties"

tc.png 243.1K
    Well now we know for sure. Is that your crafter? I think I have bought some elemental  weapons with that name.