Cant reply to prior post

bryweyh007bryweyh007 Posts: 42
edited May 2023 in General Discussions
Every time that I try to post a reply, I get an error saying I don't have permission and that's because I get signed out of the forums and then I hit sign in and the page refreshes and I am signed....paste my reply in the box and when i attempt to post again...i get the same error.

Is this happening to anyone else or is that particular thread closed so I can't post?

Edit: Immediately after posting this , I was able to reply in the other thread and I wasn't signed out. Just my bad luck!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    You get signed out every 24 hours.

Yes we all have made a long post and when we hit post we find that we are logged out and do not have permission..  When that happens copy what you wrote before you go to another page, then log in and paste what you wrote or paste over what was saved.

I swear that someday Ill always log out and back in when I want to do my first post, but I never do.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • bryweyh007bryweyh007 Posts: 42
    Yea the only problem I had on top of that was that I was done and ready to post because I had copied the text so I shouldn't have been re-logged out. I tried a different browser then saved my comment to notepad file and restarted the computer. I logged in, found the thread, and then it said sign-in at the bottom the thread instead of keeping me logged in...literally moments after i had signed in. This error was fixed when I made a new thread (this one). It is more than likely a bug with the forum itself and not what you typically experience. 
    There is still some issues with the forum not logging you in on the first try.  Maybe that also happened.  I see Chrome has a new update that I have yet to install,
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,249
    edited May 2023
    What exactly is this issue with Chrome.  I have used nothing but Chrome and have never had an issue. Joined February 2018

My phone uses chrome. I have to log in 2 or 3 times. But like I have said, I have not downloaded the current version. 

IMO it is my choice to have an issue. 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,831
    Pawain said:
    My phone uses chrome. I have to log in 2 or 3 times. But like I have said, I have not downloaded the current version. 

Chrome up to date, computer fully up to date and less than 2 years old, tell me again how I choose to have a problem?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited May 2023
    Pawain said:

Chrome up to date, computer fully up to date and less than 2 years old, tell me again how I choose to have a problem?
    I said I choose to have the issue on my phone, too lazy to update. All my other devices log in on first try.

I do not know every posters circumstances.

I think everyone will agree, a 10 second respite from me is  bliss.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,000
    Let's understand your stance here so rather than the one website fix something every user should adjust? 
    Grimbeard said:
    Let's understand your stance here so rather than the one website fix something every user should adjust? 
    No we do not understand your problem with Chrome because it does not effect us.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,000
    Grimbeard said:
    How many people does it have to not work for it to be a them problem rather than a us problem? 
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    How many people does it have to not work for it to be a them problem rather than a us problem? 
    Not saying you do not have a problem but it is hard to understand when Chrome gives me zero problem.  I run the basic Chrome setup with McAfee and have never had a problem with the forum.  Never had to tell either program that UOForum was ok or anything like that.