Please stop closing threads

I find it quite horrific that the people shutting down the threads are actually violating their own TOS..

RorschachRorschach Posts: 420Moderator
This post violates terms of service:
 BY USING THIS WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
  1. Please Treat ALL Posters with Respect and Courtesy.

I will email Mesanna, she should be informed.

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• TimTim Posts: 790
    It's their web site and they put her in charge. (You couldn't pay me enough)
    They are under no obligation to post or leave up your opinion anymore than the local paper is required to print your letter to the editor.
    Not many forms don't have bouncers
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,903
    The moderators do tend to ignore trollish behavior from pom pom wavers..
    Grimbeard said:
    The moderators do tend to ignore trollish behavior from pom pom wavers..
    One of the moderators..
    To carry on with the bar analogy 
    Which drunk gets priority in being dealt with the one screaming it's the worst bar he's ever been in and looking for a fight or the one sobering in the corner about how it's the greatest?
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited May 2023
    ????.  How to say this?  Sometimes better to just let stuff go over you head and not to respond at all.  Especially if a response would serve no purpose.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    Posts that ignore the Terms of Service have been removed.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    Arnold7 said:
    ????.  How to say this?  Sometimes better to just let stuff go over you head and not to respond at all.  Especially if a response would serve no purpose.
    But when it could possibly effect your play style then you need to voice your opinion or the DEVs might think it is ok.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Supposed to Prune threads or Remove the posts that but Not lock threads unlesss the thread is completely meaningless or meant to assault someone outright e.g. Subject: XXXX is "some vulgarity". In such case the thread should not just lock, must be deleted  

Threads with issues not resolved should NOT be closed. Just because the issue is understood and nothing further to add, is Not a valid reason to close the thread. Let the players vent out and future players to add on their comments. 

Look at how many threads for valid issues that are not resolved, but moderators keep closing and naturally, players who are frustrated needed a venue to voice their unhappiness. Is this the players' fault? No, why does Broadsword bother to install a forum software here with Bugs and Feedback forum and asking moderators to shut us up for valid threads? Who is supposed to read these forum, ONLY players?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

420 posts, @Rorschach is there something you're not telling us??

420 posts, @ Rorschach is there something you're not telling us??
    Between me paddy cakes and popps he needs something stronger  ;)
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited May 2023
    Lord_Frodo agree with your comment above.  Was referring mostly to those personal attacks from players you don’t know in real life and most likely never will whose posts have little or nothing to do with the discussion, or are so abstract it is impossible to figure out what else they are trying to say.  Seeing too many of those back and forths lately that just lead to discussions being closed.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Arnold7 said:
    Lord_Frodo agree with your comment above.  Was referring mostly to those personal attacks from players you don’t know in real life and most likely never will whose posts have little or nothing to do with the discussion, or are so abstract it is impossible to figure out what else they are trying to say.  Seeing too many of those back and forths lately that just lead to discussions being closed.

Arnold7 Are you this Rorshach person? they seem just hell bent on closing down anything they don't like.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 884
    Saul you are contributing NOTHING to this forum, just quit if it too mature for you  I am sure there are plenty of CoD forums to ply in    Who are you really?  Stop hiding 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    If you do not want threads closed then do not attack, threaten, disparage, or demean employees, moderators, and other posters.
    I criticize inky quite often but you can do it without being rude or disrespectful 
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 91
    Who are you really?  Stop hiding 
    I have seen this name on Atlantic general chat many times, so I believe this is their actual main character name. His very intellectual quarrels with other players actually helps remind me to leave Atlantic general chat, thereby preserving my cognitive functions from undue decline. 

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    ya in gen chat atl
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited May 2023
    Yup after he speaks you hear players say, now I see why everyone said to put him on ban.

3/4 of Atlantic does not know he exists.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    “If you’re getting threads closed and posts deleted for offering opinion, consider yourself lucky.

i have had posts/threads deleted for containing facts that they don’t like..

there is a clear mandate to nudge nudge wink wink force everyone to source their own bug fixes by fixing themselves in EC or download third party client for CC to fix. Any suggestion of maybe letting people play the client that is listed on uo.coms own website 
    gets immediately closed?

I have finally given up and just done as Rorschach has all but instructed me to do and just installed third party client now for the bug fixes. (Wall of stone rubber banding, nerve strike debuff, attunement cool-down, nearest hostile selecting neutral animals) all bug threads closed.
    I wonder if he/she gets commission for every player they force to convert.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2023
    Never played Atl
    Who are you really?  Stop hiding 
    I have seen this name on Atlantic general chat many times, so I believe this is their actual main character name. His very intellectual quarrels with other players actually helps remind me to leave Atlantic general chat, thereby preserving my cognitive functions from undue decline. 

Too late.

Ron spams free shards non stop on Alts and has asked me join many times. No means no Mister!

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Question:
    Is this thread serving any useful purpose?
    If I lock it will I get a mountain of abuse thrown at me, again?
    Mariah said:
    Question:
    It's maybe not serving any purpose other than an avenue to vent frustration and as long as people follow the TOS it should be allowed maybe create a rainbow and butterflies section for overtly happy posters  ;)
    Mariah said:
    Question:
    It’s serving the purpose of feeding a Troll. I’ll not throw abuse at you. Rule of thumb, if you don’t want a thread to get closed, dont abuse the TOS or other posters. 

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    post.jpg 163.6K
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 632
    I think most of us come here for discussions where ideas are exchanged and debated in a non-threatening, non-hostile environment. If a person hasn't learned how to articulate their thoughts without attacking and demeaning others in the process then they really shouldn't be allowed to participate in that forum.

Moderators shouldn't have to repeatedly moderate a person who decides to have a tantrum over and over again. If a person proves themselves not able to be anything other than a venomous drain on the health of a forum then it's time to remove them.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    ^^^^^AMEN^^^^^
    I think most of us come here for discussions where ideas are exchanged and debated in a non-threatening, non-hostile environment. If a person hasn't learned how to articulate their thoughts without attacking and demeaning others in the process then they really shouldn't be allowed to participate in that forum.

Moderators shouldn't have to repeatedly moderate a person who decides to have a tantrum over and over again. If a person proves themselves not able to be anything other than a venomous drain on the health of a forum then it's time to remove them.

Totally agree, lets just hope the moderators learn to be less hostile.

This discussion has been closed.