Just a thought

Ever since I began playing uo back in 99 I have always played a tamer.  It was and still is one of the best pet systems created.  The last pet update did a lot to bring taming back into line with other builds.  Sadly, it didn't really solve the problem of only certain pets being used and the rest being novelty or specialty pets.

What I'd like to propose is a reverse training option that would allow the tamer to drop a pets slot at a price of X amount of the training ponts.  For example you could take a Shadow wyrm and drop its hit points down 200 points and instead of of the 4x weight in return you recieve 3x weight back.  You could then adjust the SW resists to a level that is usable.  You would lose intensity but make the pet more viable.

Thoughts?

Comments

• ElIoTElIoT Posts: 2
    Sorry to hijack your post.  But I’d love to see the option to train any pet to 5 slot.  Even some of these fancy color rabbits.  They would be something more useful than a bank sitting tamed pet if you could train them to 5 slot.  Beetles can go from 1 slot to 5.  Why not any tamable creature in the game.  
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Confusion said:
    Ever since I began playing uo back in 99 I have always played a tamer.  It was and still is one of the best pet systems created.  The last pet update did a lot to bring taming back into line with other builds.  Sadly, it didn't really solve the problem of only certain pets being used and the rest being novelty or specialty pets.

What I'd like to propose is a reverse training option that would allow the tamer to drop a pets slot at a price of X amount of the training ponts.  For example you could take a Shadow wyrm and drop its hit points down 200 points and instead of of the 4x weight in return you recieve 3x weight back.  You could then adjust the SW resists to a level that is usable.  You would lose intensity but make the pet more viable.

Thoughts?
    Interesting proposal. I've also kind of thought that tamers should be able to toggle a pet's skills up and down kind of like we can do for our toons.

That said, I do think that the innate abilities of pets should remained locked in because at the end of the day the trade mark of a dragon is fireball breath so removing that for something like AI doesn't make sense. This would mean a Cu wouldn't lose it's bleed attack even though that attack is weak. This would preserve the different pet types.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,998
    I think every pet should have the same options available (healing best example of this)and be rideable 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,249
    Some good ideas here already.
    I would love for them to come out with Pet Soulstones.  Tamers often upgrade their pet when they come across a better version of their current pet and it would be nice if we could transfer all that training over to our new pet.  The new pet would still need to eat all the required PSs, this would just speed up the skill training for the new pet that we already did on the old pet.  Same thing our char. can do.  These Pet Soulstones would still be account bound just like the current Soulstones. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    I disagree with having same options for all pets because then every pet basically becomes the same and you are only using them for their graphic. The only thing worse than that is to make all pets mounts (ie triton can be rode).

Also don't think there should be pet soulstones because then it just turns into a mini version of a player's toon. You only need to train 120 wrestling on one pet and then just swap it around.

Part of being a tamer is training each pet for encounters; not 1 skill for any encounter to use on any pet with all abilities. In my opinion these are just "easy button" requests. If these were implemented, I'd literally only need like 5 pets in the stable instead of the 20+ I have for different scenarios with different skills.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,339
    I tried to make a tamer who's pets were all rideable but I came unstuck when it came to cold damage.
    So @Kyronix any chance of throwing a rideable cold damage pet into the suggestion box? Pretty please?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "50% from a cu-sidhe not enough?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I would gladly settle for just the ability to reset the pet stats/skills/slot to a random roll for that pet.

I have several pets I keep for hue or sentimental reasons that I don’t use because of the mess that was the pet revamp when it first came out.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Merus said:
    I would gladly settle for just the ability to reset the pet stats/skills/slot to a random roll for that pet.

I have several pets I keep for hue or sentimental reasons that I don’t use because of the mess that was the pet revamp when it first came out.
    Yes a reroll would be fine if we could get scrolls back.  Does not have to be the same exact numbers it began with.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Merus said:

Yes a reroll would be fine if we could get scrolls back.  Does not have to be the same exact numbers it began with.
    At this point I don’t even care about the scrolls.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    Merus said:
     that I don’t use because of the mess that was the pet revamp when it first came out.
    “I’m interested in this statement
     What are you referring to exactly?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    Merus said:
     that I don’t use because of the mess that was the pet revamp when it first came out.
    “I’m interested in this statement
     What are you referring to exactly?”
    Probably the easiest, but not only, example is how many issues there were around pet slots.  It screwed with a lot of pets.