Despise Island lag

so I went and tested the fix for the despise island lag.

I noticed some changes with the spawn:

Monsters were much more spread out than usual and they now spawn in areas where they didn't use to spawn, namely all the way in the southern part of the dungeon. This is true for all levels, except for lvl 4 (rat archers and silver serpents). However, the rat archers and silber serpents spawn has also been moved to the south it seems - at least half of them spawn south of the island.

Monsters respawn seemed slowed down, although this might be because the spawn is now more spread out.

During level 4 the slower monster respawn was extremly noticeable. I was standing on the island waiting for respawn while all corpses around me had already decayed. I had to leave the island and hunt down the rest of the spawn to the south of the island to advance the spawn.

When the Piper finally spawned he went down like usual, the only difference I noticed was that when he summoned ratmen it was never more than 3 at a time, usually only 2 (it used to be 2-5 or so, 3-4 on a regular basis).

And now for the most important test: the famous island lag. Unfortunately whatever changes were implemented did not solce the island lag problem. It is still there. It was not as extreme as it can get some times but it was still noticeably there when lvl 4 came.

The island lag before the fix was not consistent, sometimes barely noticeable, sometimes really bad and every once in a while no lag at all. So the feeling that it was not as extreme when testing on TC might have just been within the range of "normal" island lag that we had before the patch.

Please take another look at this problem @Kyronix ;
Turning down the spawn rate did not solve the problem (and will probably earn you harsh criticism from players claiming you "fixed" what didn't need fixing while leaving the actual bug in there :-/ )

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018
    I was sceptical but gave the benefit of the doubt when I read that they were “adjusting the spawn” as it sometimes happened after the champ was dead (when there is 0 spawn).

It’s also difficult to test on TC because you need 10+ people there to recreate the more severe conditions. (Plus TC is laggy for Europeans anyway, can only assume the server is in the US)
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    edited June 2018
    I brought the issue up at a dev meet&greet on Siege last night. They said they were aware of it and looking into it and Bleak (I believe) was working on further adjustments... not sure why they didn't say that in the publish notes and had me waste a couple of hours there but oh well... something along the lines of "the despise island lag issue is being worked on but our fix is not finished yet, don't bother testing" would have been nice.

that being said: does anyone have a repond slayer cameo on TC? I got arachnid and for some reason the give arties command doesn't work after you have gotten them once, even if you throw them away :-/ a vermin slayer talisman would also go a long way...would make finishing this spawn a lot faster next time
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator

that being said: does anyone have a repond slayer cameo on TC? I got arachnid and for some reason the give arties command doesn't work after you have gotten them once, even if you throw them away :-/ a vermin slayer talisman would also go a long way...would make finishing this spawn a lot faster next time
    You are right, give arties only works once - per character. TC is not Siege, you may have better luck with a 2nd character, or 3rd, or 4th?
    Mariah said:
    You are right, give arties only works once - per character. TC is not Siege, you may have better luck with a 2nd character, or 3rd, or 4th?
    hahaha oh my god....I totally forgot that you can have additional characters on other shards. thanks, I feel stupid now ;-)
    so I see these changes have made it to live shards... yay! (not)