Glacial items policy changes

2»

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,998
    Vagabond said:
    Karyn said:
    Vagabond said:
    Information from the very obviously no longer official fan site Stratics should also be taken with a grain of salt. That site went rogue months ago, and nothing posted there will help end this "glacial items scandal" (which only really seems to be an issue for "rares" collectors/sellers, as always).

What does Stratics have to do with this, and how has it "gone rogue"? 
    When an "employee" of Stratics posts here and posts screenshots of replies they have received, pretending they are real messages, but showing no real proof. Also, Stratics decided a long time ago to include third party tools/information on their forums, which would not be allowed on official fanpages/forums afaik, and I cannot find them on the fansites link list either.
    Skett said:
    Vagabond said:
    What are those screenshots supposed to be, evidence? It's pretty ridiculous to post such non-official, non-provable screenshots that anyone could fake instead of waiting for an official answer. Information from the very obviously no longer official fan site Stratics should also be taken with a grain of salt. That site went rogue months ago, and nothing posted there will help end this "glacial items scandal" (which only really seems to be an issue for "rares" collectors/sellers, as always).

No one else cares if these illegal items are gone, we have enough legal ugly colors already.

FAKE NEWS !!!
    You know, I'm not a trumpist and so I'd like to check sources for finding proof.

B)
    To clarify no one from stratics posted anything here 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    Vagabond said:
    Karyn said:
    Vagabond said:
    Information from the very obviously no longer official fan site Stratics should also be taken with a grain of salt. That site went rogue months ago, and nothing posted there will help end this "glacial items scandal" (which only really seems to be an issue for "rares" collectors/sellers, as always).

What does Stratics have to do with this, and how has it "gone rogue"? 
    When an "employee" of Stratics posts here and posts screenshots of replies they have received, pretending they are real messages, but showing no real proof. Also, Stratics decided a long time ago to include third party tools/information on their forums, which would not be allowed on official fanpages/forums afaik, and I cannot find them on the fansites link list either.
    Skett said:
    Vagabond said:
    What are those screenshots supposed to be, evidence? It's pretty ridiculous to post such non-official, non-provable screenshots that anyone could fake instead of waiting for an official answer. Information from the very obviously no longer official fan site Stratics should also be taken with a grain of salt. That site went rogue months ago, and nothing posted there will help end this "glacial items scandal" (which only really seems to be an issue for "rares" collectors/sellers, as always).

No one else cares if these illegal items are gone, we have enough legal ugly colors already.

FAKE NEWS !!!
    You know, I'm not a trumpist and so I'd like to check sources for finding proof.

B)
    Post #'s 10 and 17 for clarification.

I have no horses in this race as I do not do or own illegal items or things BUT 100% accuracy and transparency is always appreciated.

It's still not 100% clear if NON cloth glacial items are okay or not.

I personally think glacial is hideous and has no place in Britannia, I am just looking for 100% clarity so that rules and regulations can be followed correctly. When we are not given a clear answer, we cannot adhere to and abide by the rules.

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,830
    Larisa said:

**I personally think glacial is hideous and has no place in Britannia** **Snip**
    so we need to get rid of the Ice elementals, Frost spiders, Ice snakes, and the giant Ice  worms?

:p 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,175
    Larisa said:

**I personally think glacial is hideous and has no place in Britannia** **Snip**
    so we need to get rid of the Ice elementals, Frost spiders, Ice snakes, and the giant Ice  worms?

:p 

Yes please!

No silly, I mean as hair and clothing.....those are creatures that belong here....that color on someones head is just...*shudders*

No fank you!

• gaygay Posts: 358
    edited May 2023
    Pretty sure mesanna stated only that spellbooks were fine. Not "Spellbooks and Pickaxes" but very specifically only "spellbooks".

Honestly it's hilarious watching people lose their minds over the actioning of ill-produced items. Did you know that they used to ban people's accounts for having an ethy cloak? Maybe they go back to that approach again with stuff produced by an actual base type dupe.

And if the argument is "wElL nEw CoLlEcToRs WoUlDnT kNoW" then I guess it stands to reason that they know now, and if they dont then they'll know when they get actioned.

Does the government allow people to keep counterfeit money when they find it? No.
    gay said:
    Pretty sure mesanna stated only that spellbooks were fine. Not "Spellbooks and Pickaxes" but very specifically only "spellbooks".

Honestly it's hilarious watching people lose their minds over the actioning of ill-produced items. Did you know that they used to ban people's accounts for having an ethy cloak? Maybe they go back to that approach again with stuff produced by an actual base type dupe.

And if the argument is "wElL nEw CoLlEcToRs WoUlDnT kNoW" then I guess it stands to reason that they know now, and if they dont then they'll know when they get actioned.

Does the government allow people to keep counterfeit money when they find it? No.
    Again allowing something for years then changing mind wishy-washy. doing it when your team is so busy with NL that we have no new content is disgraceful.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Seems like this Glacial weapon rule only applies to certain people, I have a feeling this is Clops just under a different name.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,047
    Seems like this Glacial weapon rule only applies to certain people, I have a feeling this is Clops just under a different name.

Did you page on them?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:

Did you page on them?
    I'd like this if I could 

Chances are they haven't been paged on, yet. Also for what it's worth, having known both Clops and Eason (played often by another played named Darko) I can pretty confidently confirm that they aren't the same people. Clops is an American player, Eason is a Taiwanese player.
    Grimbeard said:
    gay said:

Again allowing something for years then changing mind wishy-washy. doing it when your team is so busy with NL that we have no new content is disgraceful.

I mean a line drawn in the sand isn't clear until it's actually drawn. The fact is that those items were gained illegally, anyone with half a brain who owned them or wanted to own them knew full well that they could be subject to removal at any point due to this, and anyone who didn't know now knows. The line got drawn, bag up the ones you might have left and move on.
    gay said:

Chances are they haven't been paged on, yet. Also for what it's worth, having known both Clops and Eason (played often by another played named Darko) I can pretty confidently confirm that they aren't the same people. Clops is an American player, Eason is a Taiwanese player.

Yep paged on them daily, they also run bots in vvv. I did page for this specifically three times.
    gay said:

Yep paged on them daily, they also run bots in vvv. I did page for this specifically three times.

idk what to tell you then, maybe ask yoshi to write it up as a bug report or something
    @Yoshi write it up as a bug or something. Also wheres the name change you promised me?

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    "I don't get involved in this kind of issue,

pm me your discord or ask for me in general chat and someone will normally let me know, this will now be the second time i'm paying out for you, but i have to wait for VS to be up"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,249
    There use to be all kinds of links at the bottom of UO.COM besides TOS, what happened to them?  How are new players suppose to know what they can and can not do in the UO.  @Mariah do you have any links that could help.  
    Yoshi said:
    "I don't get involved in this kind of issue,

pm me your discord or ask for me in general chat and someone will normally let me know, this will now be the second time i'm paying out for you, but i have to wait for VS to be up"

You pay? I thought uo pay because ITS THEIR FAULT, oh if your paying don't worry about it and i will pay you back what you spent. Also I demand The dev team re-imburse me.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "did you page a GM with your issue? i would be surprised if they don't change the name for you"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2023
    I did, his response was "buy a name change" cha  ching

*profanity edited by Rorschach*