Using Vendor Search prompts to LOOSE CONNECTION ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,903
edited May 2023 in General Discussions
Is anyone else having this odd occurance ?

I log into the game, and apparently have no particular issues YET, if I press the Vendor Search "SEARCH" button to launch a Vendor Search Query, immediately I get the "LOST CONNECTION" Gump.

Since this is quite odd, and never has happened to me before, I tried it multiple times and this occurs each and every time that I press the Vendor Search "search" button to launch a search query....

Anyone having this happening to them ?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    No and I've used VS multiple times between cats and Atlantic in last 6 hours 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    This is then even weirder....

Why would it be happening to me only, then ?
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    OK, need to make a clarification...

This is happening to my account when launching a Vendor Search on some Asian servers.... now I tried launching a Vendor Search on the Atlantic server and it did not close my connection there.

But it does it on some Asian servers.

I currently lack the time to double check this on all servers but, so far, it has been happening to me on at least 2 Asian Servers....
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    "I am experiencing this on all shards (that I wanted to search on, Atlantic included), all clients, all accounts"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited May 2023
    popps said:
    OK, need to make a clarification...

This is happening to my account when launching a Vendor Search on some Asian servers.... now I tried launching a Vendor Search on the Atlantic server and it did not close my connection there.

But it does it on some Asian servers.

I currently lack the time to double check this on all servers but, so far, it has been happening to me on at least 2 Asian Servers....
    Happened on every Asian server I checked. as soon as you enter your criteria and press "Search" it immedietly quits responding and then if you move you get the "network error" and drop. @Kyronix not sure if it's anything y'all can fix, but something to check. 

**EDIT** I was bored and tried every Asian Server, they all did it. currently trying all Non North Murican shards.

**EDIT 2** Does it on Europa and Drachenfels. but not Oceania. Checking the rest.

**EDIT 3** Shards that work - Baja, Lake Austin, Lake Superior, Napa, Origin, Pacific, Oceania
                      Shards Not Working - Catskills, Atlantic, Chesapeake, Great Lakes, Legends, Siege, All                            Asian shards,  Europa, and Drachenfels.  So it seems anything to the west works.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Server maintenance. Asian and European shards have gone through it, as have East coast now. It's only 7.26am currently in Dev-land. There may be a delay before it gets fixed.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Happens here as well (Atl) had five ppl report same issue, maybe something to do with re-adding the Ish spawn.

Great work as always!
  • MsScarlettMsScarlett Posts: 58
    Same issue here- all shards connection fine till vs used
    Could this be connected to the asian shards being on a different patch or whatever reason i couldn't transfer to them 
    Grimbeard said:
    Could this be connected to the asian shards being on a different patch or whatever reason i couldn't transfer to them 
    The Asian shards got hit first because they got today's server restart last night. (makes sense, I know) then the east coast shards got it, now the Western servers are getting it. but it appears they took the VS warehouse down about 30 minutes ago, so maybe they're working on it already. 

The Mythic account Management site is down right now for Maintenance. likely something to do with it.

COMMUNICATION....
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    popps said:

I log into the game, and apparently have no particular issues YET, if I press the Vendor Search "SEARCH" button to launch a Vendor Search Query, immediately I get the "LOST CONNECTION" Gump.

Since this is quite odd, and never has happened to me before, I tried it multiple times and this occurs each and every time that I press the Vendor Search "search" button to launch a search query....

Do you actually know the email address to get help? THAT should be your FIRST port of call not here for ever drama you have
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    edited May 2023
    popps said:

Do you actually know the email address to get help? THAT should be your FIRST port of call not here for ever drama you have

Which emails that? the one where they ignore you or the one you get no reply from?

profanity removed by Mariah
    This isn't hard folks 
    "We had an issue with VS while updating the Asian shards we will resolve asap" 
    See no drama no issues just basic communication...
    Stop setting the bar so low because they seem more than willing to live down to the low standards you've set..
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited May 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    This isn't hard folks 
    Stop setting the bar so low because they seem more than willing to live down to the low standards you've set..
    You just did it. Why do we need them to stop working on it and post on the UO page that is down?

When was the last time they started a thread here about an issue like this?

They don't come to this toxic place. It seems keeping them away is your goal.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    This isn't hard folks 
    You just did it. Why do we need them to stop working on it and post on the UO page that is down?

When was the last time they started a thread here about an issue like this?

They don't come to this toxic place. It seems keeping them away is your goal.
    I'd be willing to bet less then 10% of the player base comes here
    So you will stop the communication requests since they do not communicate here?

Or keep doing it after accepting the facts.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    They should be required to post it on UO.COM
    They should be required to post it on UO.COM
    What he said 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "whatever the issue, i'm sure Pawain can somehow blame user error"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    :D
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited May 2023
    Sure wish they would give an update  Over 12 hours @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak @Misk
    An explanation of why this is what the 3rd month in a row ????
    edited May 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Vendor search has crashed the game 3 previous times?  Show a link.  You are a fountain of misinformation.

Yoshi said:

Nope. Sounds legit, especially since they took VS down in a short time.

edited May 2023
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Vendor search has crashed the game 3 previous times?  Show a link.  You are a fountain of misinformation.

Yoshi said:

Nope. Sounds legit, especially since they took VS down in a short time.

The account management page uo.com forum etc have yes indeed gone down or had issues at the beginning of yep the last three months but  let's clarify your stance here.
    This is Mesannas game she decides what we get when we get it and how we get it in total control of everything UNLESS something doesn't work correctly then it's entirely on the user/players to find fix or work around??

This is the vendor search thread.  You need to whine and complain  about other things in the proper thread.

This is the first time I have ever heard of VS crashing your game when opened. I asked you for a link showing this has happened 3 other times, but you can not.  But that does not stop you from spouting lies.

It was slow recently, but since fewer players are using it to build Luck suits it has been working fine. And it will be working fine again as soon as they find the current issue.

But according to your misinformation, nobody associated with UO does anything so, VS will never work again if we are to believe what you say over and over.
    Pawain said:
    This is the vendor search thread.  You need to whine and complain  about other things in the proper thread.

This is the first time I have ever heard of VS crashing your game when opened. I asked you for a link showing this has happened 3 other times, but you can not.  But that does not stop you from spouting lies.

It was slow recently, but since fewer players are using it to build Luck suits it has been working fine. And it will be working fine again as soon as they find the current issue.

But according to your misinformation, nobody associated with UO does anything so, VS will never work again if we are to believe what you say over and over.
    It's hard to keep up with your koolaid drinking propaganda 
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Pawain said:
    They don't come to this toxic place. 
     I love this line! It's their fu*king forum to discuss and share information! Why the fu*k else is it here? 
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Grimbeard said:
    I'd be willing to bet less then 10% of the player base comes here
    you are generous. 
This discussion has been closed.