Fel / Tram Bug

SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
edited April 2023 in General Discussions
How do I stop Tram from tuning into Fel terrain ?
I go back and forth to Fel and Tram all day.
Ter mur and Malas also turn into Fel.
How do I stop this / fix this ?

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    edited April 2023
    reload client, will assume you are using CC because I have never heard of the EC doing this.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    20 to 50 times a day lol has to be a better fix for this
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,903
    edited April 2023
    Long standing graphics bug that's your fault 
    Happens all the time in EC 
    edited April 2023
    TY Grim didn't know the EC had the same problem
    I play cc, didn't know ec had ithe same issue as well.
    but ya I'm sure it is my fault though...

user error again :s
    Skett said:
    20 to 50 times a day lol has to be a better fix for this
    Are you reloading you client everytime
    no im not reloading / restating client every time
    was looking for a fix 
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    You should uhm... Completely close down your client and open a fresh client more than once per patch. Not just to resolve issues like this, but also because for some reason the client will eat up to 30% cpu usage while sitting at the login screen.
    okay ill try that

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    “I have the fel terrain the same as the tram terrain. Then there are less obstacles (gravestones), and it looks nicer.
    to do this go to your char settings
    C:\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\accountname\shard\charname

open file uo.cfg

change:
    Desolation=off

repeat for all chars"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,903
    How many such bugs could have been fixed if Time wasn't wasted NL vaporwear
    This blead over is almost as old as UO itself @gay and I both told you to restart your client.  Might also help to clean your computer.
    Fun fact: Trammel/Felucca settings are handled via "seasons". Felucca is considered a season, the same as how snow shows up in winter, and the leaves on trees turn brown in the fall.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I purposely make the bug happen when I do t maps. I can see so much better without all the @#$@ leaves. lol
    I realize this bug is as old as tram I was just hoping by now someone had a fix for it. I guess not...
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Yoshi said:
    “I have the fel terrain the same as the tram terrain. Then there are less obstacles (gravestones), and it looks nicer.
    to do this go to your char settings
    C:\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\accountname\shard\charname

open file uo.cfg

change:
    Desolation=off

repeat for all chars"

I tried this ages ago, I could never get it to stick. Had to do it over and over again. So, I gave up.
    edited April 2023
    “It has worked for me for years, you just need to make sure you do it to all chars. Will help to delete folders of char names that no longer exist

pretty sure what I said is a fix @Skett ;

I guess not…”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited April 2023
    I haven’t tried yet is it possible to make it stay tram graphics tho 
  • I just stay in Felucca, things seem to go better.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Skett said:
    I haven’t tried yet is it possible to make it stay tram graphics tho 

"yes, i don't have fel graphic at all on any char"
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    edited April 2023
    I haven't seen fel graphics in +15yrs. Follow Yoshi’s instructions. Devs gave us this option in patch notes shortly after Tram was created. Desolation=off in uo.cfg file then look for same in char folders/files... repeat. Be sure to save the file/overwrite once the change has been made.

I did a write-up & testing for my guild on this topic. The Tram graphics straight up removes certain gravestones. IIRC there are 4 Fel gravestone graphics. Turning Desolation off completely removes 1 of them. The other 3 turn into small bushes. Of the 3 bushes, 1 is passable. The remaining 2 are not and must be navigated around like gravestones.

Turning off Desolation in every and all places the option is available effectively removes 50% of all gravestones from your game.

This info is posted in my guild’s forums for +10yrs to help in PvP.

Your welcome ;)

Edit: its not just in your char folders/files. IIRC there is a master UO.cfg file outside all char folders. It must be changed in the master file AND individual char folders, saving/overwrite each instance where its been changed.

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    I’m guessing I must not have done it for every character must be why it didn’t work for me. Thanks for the info. 
    thanks for info ill try to figure it out ...
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    I don't see the file in my User data but I do when I go into a shard and char. What do you use to "open the file with"? Note pad?
    thank you so far so good !

@Mariah TYVM  Is there a color/number chart?
    Acid_Rain said:
    I haven't seen fel graphics in +15yrs. Follow Yoshi’s instructions. Devs gave us this option in patch notes shortly after Tram was created. Desolation=off in uo.cfg file then look for same in char folders/files... repeat. Be sure to save the file/overwrite once the change has been made.

I did a write-up & testing for my guild on this topic. The Tram graphics straight up removes certain gravestones. IIRC there are 4 Fel gravestone graphics. Turning Desolation off completely removes 1 of them. The other 3 turn into small bushes. Of the 3 bushes, 1 is passable. The remaining 2 are not and must be navigated around like gravestones.

Turning off Desolation in every and all places the option is available effectively removes 50% of all gravestones from your game.

This info is posted in my guild’s forums for +10yrs to help in PvP.

Your welcome ;)

Edit: its not just in your char folders/files. IIRC there is a master UO.cfg file outside all char folders. It must be changed in the master file AND individual char folders, saving/overwrite each instance where its been changed.

It doesn't "remove" them. Felucca is a mirror of trammel, the gravestones that can be ran through are actually "spruces" on trammel and are flagged as passable, it's why you can paperdoll through that gravestone in felucca. Being that felucca is a "season", it simply changes the things, such as turning flowers into skulls and blood. Take a screenshot of somewhere in tram, and then the exact same spot in fel, you'll see that they line up.
    @gay Tram is a mirror of Fel.  You can not mirror something that did not exist when UO was launched with Fel only and the Tram landscape was never there.