Accessibility

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited April 2023 in General Discussions
"Some players' spell casting text is defaulted to dark gray making very very difficult for people to read and almost all have this color, I am registered blind and it's not problem of UO but is there anything they can do to even change the default text color, as very very hard to read i'm sure even for able bodied persons.

There is setting in uoassist for me but it only affects non magery spells"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    Don't know how to change colors like we all do?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    "oh, how have you set color for other person's spell?
    thanks

i thought i could only set my own"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Sorry video too tiny to see which one.  Since you are so good  it seems you welcome a challenge. 

Or stop playing with cheaters and you would never know that info, like 95% of the other players. 
    “I am just guessing actually because before I thought it was someone doing it purpose because they know I have vision problem but now it’s everyone so I am assuming it’s a default setting and not deliberately done just to exploit my disability”
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,021
    Yoshi said:
    “I am just guessing actually because before I thought it was someone doing it purpose because they know I have vision problem but now it’s everyone so I am assuming it’s a default setting and not deliberately done just to exploit my disability”
    But now that you know you report them all?
    edited April 2023
    “People can have whatever Color text they want.
    but I’m sure they didn’t choose this Color so won’t care if it gets changed.
    im not even sure it displays this Color to them anyway so they prob won’t even know if it gets changed to something clearer”
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,021
    edited April 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “People can have whatever Color text they want.
    but I’m sure they didn’t choose this Color so won’t care if it gets changed.
    im not even sure it displays this Color to them anyway”
    So you're saying you're never going to actually page on any of the cheaters just come here and complain while repeatedly violating the TOS? 
    Just guessing:

Is this a color that you could choose or do they have a better pallet? If it's not a normal UO color you could ID who is using that client to better page on them.
    edited April 2023
    “I think it’s a normal uo Color (but I think they see it as a clearer color or else they wouldn’t leave it so) because they have to read too so for them it’s I think legible color”
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    Default speech color in CC is yellow, this is the color seen by both the person speaking/casting and everyone else, however it can be edited
    edited April 2023
    “okay they are not using CC though, i will contact their client dev with request for something that is not affecting them but affecting CC users.

Someone makes my text difficult to read without affecting their text,
    seems like something i should be able to control on my side rather than someone else"
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    edited April 2023
    If people are using dark grey like in the pic, that color is an option that is available in CC (you can see it in Mariah's pic). To my knowledge, you cannot change someone else's font color for your own viewing preference.
    edited April 2023
    "it's uo color yes, but pfff i am the person with the problem with the eyes, and someone else is choosing the colors for my PC okay.. when they see it nice clear color on their pc. 

Doesn't seem right to me, but i am bias as it's me with problem with vision.

Can i come decorate your house?"
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Why are you using a 3rd party client?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Rocko said:
    Why are you using a 3rd party client?
    Better question is why are the MODs helping him trouble a 3rd party client and why is this thread even allowed.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    edited April 2023
    Screenshot does not show any problem, it only shows how words of power are intended to work in conjunction with a player's selected speech color.

What next? The sky is blue so the grass should be blue as well?

Also, get glasses you two eyed dork.
    edited April 2023
    "But why someone is able to set my txt color when it don't affect them?
    (pictured is default EC UI. because everyone getting upset about third party client.)

Just seems wrong to me, i should be able to choose color i see since its me with vision problem, not third person choosing my color, when they see it clear green and it don't affect them.

I can't change their color so why they can change mine?"

Screenshot does not show any problem, it only shows how words of power are intended to work in conjunction with a player's selected speech color, and/or the EC related spell color functions.

Everything is working as intended.
    edited April 2023
    "I'm not aking for special treatment to do something for my vision, it's my problem,  just requesting not to allow people to kick my white stick and throw it in the traffic and ask me to fetch"
    Sounds like you should use the EC, as it already does exactly what you are asking.
    edited April 2023
    "I guess a lot of people love to use EC"

edited April 2023
    You're showing someone casting two mini heals? Not sure what your argument here is.

Or are you complaining that someone is using a feature of the game that has existed since the game was launched to intentionally make it more difficult to see their spells? People have been doing that forever.
    edited April 2023
    "glad you can see it, more than me"
    You were clearly able to see it well enough to know when to stop and take a screenshot of it.
    Yoshi said:
    "glad you can see it, more than me"
    LMAO  How the ****()% did you take a picture of it if you can not see it?
    "wow make fun of poeple's disability nice people"
    Okay, Karen.
    You say you are blind but yet you PvP with no problem which I find hard to believe.  So are you blind or are you color blind because there is a huge difference.  
    You say you are blind but yet you PvP with no problem which I find hard to believe.  So are you blind or are you color blind because there is a huge difference.  

Mervyn has always been whatever is most convenient to get what he wants.
    "lol how it going to make a difference to you what color the text is on my screen? when what i see don't affect you
    you're complaining that you should maintain control of my text colors so i see grey even though to you it is not grey, and i'm karen?"
This discussion has been closed.