roast pig problem

Garr collects roast pig suddenly i cannot add to stack ??

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,078
    Are they in a container?
    Are they locked down?  Try unlocking then adding then locking again?
    Is the owner the one trying to add to stack?

Your Roast Pig Collection finally broke UO!  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    I have apples that will not stack together.  I have named lobsters and crabs that will not stack with the same named.  I have tried the comm deed trick and they will still not stack.  Just one of those UO things.  The old grass and snow tiles would do this all the time even with the NPC guy that was suppose to combine them all together.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,018
    They are locked down on porch always been able to just drop new ones on stack tried putting in commodity box still will not stack facing same way now it is 347 of them weighing 15000+stones  so maybe that's it?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    Try using item ID on both stacks. I've had this happen plenty of times with potions when taking out of a potion keg (back when we needed them) and taste ID would combine them.

I've also come across this with green thorns where I take a stack from my house and give them to my other char and they will not stack. I assumed it was basically like an item ID mismatch because I've used one stack but not the other; if that assumption is correct then item ID on both would kind of verify they are the same and should stack.... "Should" being the key word
    Grimbeard said:
    They are locked down on porch always been able to just drop new ones on stack tried putting in commodity box still will not stack facing same way now it is 347 of them weighing 15000+stones  so maybe that's it?
    Are those about the heaviest item in the game that will stack. Take 100 off the stack and see if 100 of the new ones will go on.

Kyronix  put a cap on your stack.  >:)
    Did you take 1 off each stack and see if they stack?

Someone has a stack of Ore this heavy maybe.
    I'm afraid of ending up with 3 stacks instead of just two !
  • ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    It's not a weight problem I have plenty of stacks over 20k weight.
    Unlock them and send to your bank and see if they stack! :D

Or turn into deeds and undeed.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    On the main stack try reusing the "I wish to secure this" command.
    Pawain said:
    Unlock them and send to your bank and see if they stack! :D

Or turn into deeds and undeed.

I did also unlocked tried both securing and locking down 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2023
    Grim,

I believe that with Publish 111 or 112, something changed with the way the EC dealt with stackable items. At least, I started to notice this particular bug about that time, but I don't remember the exact publish. My issue is with bandages, of which I use many, but it is the exact problem you are reporting here.

--
    There is a method to get the two stacks to reset their ID's and once again stack, but you're not going to like it.

The smaller, newer, stack, will most likely have the more recent ID.

Use character A and draw from your older, larger stack, say 10 Roast Pigs.

Have character A trade those 10 Roast Pigs to Character B. (This will change the stack ID from the older ID to the newer ID. - This is a different ID number related to stackable items, not the Type ID number. If Character A simply replaces the items into the stack, the items will not convert to the newer ID, i.e. they will go in the "older" stack. You must trade to another character to "convert" the ID, and move the items to the newer stack.)

Character B can place the "converted" stack into the newer, smaller pile.

Repeat this process until you have converted all of the older stack into the newer stack.

Now when you draw from the stack, the items will restack, and all newer items you obtain will also stack with the "newer" stack.

--
    I've had to do this with multiple stacks of bandages, but at least I can do those 5k at a time.

Good luck!
    -Arroth
    When I trade arrows to another toon, the arrows wont go into the quiver of the receiver.

Bandage stack solution.

Pawain said:
    When I trade arrows to another toon, the arrows wont go into the quiver of the receiver.

Bandage stack solution.

So i need to ask for pig storage lockers  ;) @Kyronix ;
    Freezers or Salt tubs.
    So a new new pig will stack with the new pig but not the old stack i suspect it is as @Arroth_Thaiel stated 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Pigs go in the smoke house to be cured.
    edited April 2023
    Great place to eat in SA!

Bring your piggies to them.

temp.png 132.7K
    @Kyronix will never be able to keep up with my insane demands at this rate
    The old put all of them on a Magencia vendor and remove them trick.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,399
    Best BBQ in all of Texas transfer those pigs there !