2 personally blessed items on one character?

Hello,
after a longer absence I started to blow some dust away from my characters and homes.
I checked the armor of one of them and found, that he has a weapon and a tunic both personally blessed for himself. I would have expected one of those blessed with the personal bless deed and one with an item bless deed, so is this a bug or has something else changed in the past?
Before I use some more spare bless deeds on items this would be nice to know.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,800
    edited April 2023
    The old personal bless deeds are now account bound. so you can use another characters on the same account and when applied it takes the name of the character using it.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited April 2023
    I have whole suits with personal bless deeds on one account.

Great to use at fel Idocs.

Someone gave me an item bless deed a long time ago, I put it on a pair of boots....

the next time I got one I put it on something better:

I repaired them.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    Talking about Account item bless deeds, is it possible to "unbless" an item and, thus, "re-deed" the item bless deed ? How ?

This might be usefull if one gets a better item and wants to transfer the bless from the old item to the newer, better one....
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator

popps said:
    Talking about Account item bless deeds, is it possible to "unbless" an item and, thus, "re-deed" the item bless deed ? How ?

This might be usefull if one gets a better item and wants to transfer the bless from the old item to the newer, better one....

1. Remove the item from the character's paper doll
    2. right click on the item in your back pack, opening a context menu
    3. unbless the item.
    4. The deed will appear in your back pack.
    5. double click it, target the new item.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    Mariah said:

popps said:

1. Remove the item from the character's paper doll
    2. right click on the item in your back pack, opening a context menu
    3. unbless the item.
    4. The deed will appear in your back pack.
    5. double click it, target the new item.

Thank you for the info.

By the way, there is no UO Wiki web age explaining all of the ins and outs of Item Bless Deeds ?

While I could find a few info on UOGuide at https://www.uoguide.com/Item_Bless_Deed , I could not find anycomprehensive info about Account Item Bless deeds on the UO Wiki.
    I have done some research, although my characters have personal bless deeds I was struggling to remember when they were actual issued. I will attempt to create a page detailing the different types of bless deeds and their origins.
    If anyone with a better memory than I can add some insight, please contact me via DM here or email mariah4broadsword@gmail.com
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 268
    Worth noting, if you shard hop a character wearing pbd’s they become stuck on the items and unable to remove. Paging a GM can fix the problem but its the only way to get the pbd off the item. Before jumping shards always remember to remove the pbd from any item to avoid this issue. In deed form they may be transferred easily without loss of functionality. Just use the deed after arrival.

It happened to me some 7 years ago while shard hopping to collect all my deeds after finding out players could use them on any account character regardless of shard origin. I still pay my account but haven’t ‘played’ UO in a long time so possible that problem was fixed. I moved on to games that enforce & have code to address cheating. If I have to cheat to play a game... the games not worth playing imho.
    I travel shards with personal bless deeds all the time.

They work fine during and after. 

Some GMs will not remove them from an item, which is dumb because only the correct account can use them.
    edited April 2023
    There maybe confusion as to the type of bless deed, iirc there are 3 currently; clothing bless deeds, item bless deeds, and personal bless deeds.

I took the OP as asking abt personal bless deeds. In the pic you posted an item bless deed has been used. With those no shard transfer problems arise. If it were a personal bless deed it would have a different tag saying ‘Blessed for (character name)’  not simply ‘Blessed’.

The personal bless deeds are to what I am referring.

GMs will not remove any bless deeds that are not personal bless deeds & afaik only if the removal request is from the account that originally placed the pbd as such deeds are supposed to be able to be removed by their owners.
    Was unable to Edit comment to include example so here it is...

I have created the page, I will link it once it has gone 'live'.
    Acid_Rain said:
    Was unable to Edit comment to include example so here it is...

Yes I use personal bless deeds on one account. It has the most shard shields.  I travel with the armor on. Have not had any problem removing and reusing them. The one I can't remove is from a toon that did a name change. But all the other pieces came off and I could put the new name on. But a GM would not remove the deed so I could show him that it was my old name.

I took off the deeds when I made my luck suits, I traveled almost daily getting resources. The deeds came off and now they are on my luck suit 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,083

Pawain said:
    The one I can't remove is from a toon that did a name change.
    This brings up a question. Anyone know if the PBD can be removed by others chars on the account or does it have to be the char that applied it?
    keven2002 said:

Pawain said:
    This brings up a question. Anyone know if the PBD can be removed by others chars on the account or does it have to be the char that applied it?

Tested this. The context menu did not appear for an alternate character on the same account. So I conclude that, yes, it must be the named character that removes the bless.
    edited April 2023
    Mariah said:
    keven2002 said:

Pawain said:

Tested this. The context menu did not appear for an alternate character on the same account. So I conclude that, yes, it must be the named character that removes the bless.
    Yes.

Another character can not remove them, but any character on the account can put any of the deeds on, no matter who used them last, even a deleted Character.

Of course, now I can not find that armor piece to check all toons.