Can we fix fishing in tel muir?

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    You need to please be more specific in your requests. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,021
    Allow boats again my apologies 
    Let me clarify i understand it was stopped due to tel muir somehow being  a dungeon and i can live with that however should we catch dungeon fish there if so ?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    edited April 2023
    There have never been boats in Ter Mur, so you can't have them 'again'. It was, at first, possible to catch dungeon fish in Eodon, but by extending treasure hunting to include all facets that had to be changed so that Eodon no longer counted as 'dungeon'.
    If you look at the Ter Mur map you can see there are no areas of water large enough for sailing anything bigger than a row boat.

Mariah said:
    There have never been boats in Ter Mur, so you can't have them 'again'. It was, at first, possible to catch dungeon fish in Eodon, but by extending treasure hunting to include all facets that had to be changed so that Eodon no longer counted as 'dungeon'.
    If you look at the Ter Mur map you can see there are no areas of water large enough for sailing anything bigger than a row boat.

Ah that's right i get the two confused. although i don't understand not being able to launch a row boat if it's because tel muir is a "dungeon" then dungeon fish should spawn there
    Pawain said:
    So you want dungeon fish in an easy place...

Can I get 120 scrolls fishing from my fel castle too?
    This in no way impacts you other than adding to your 7k+ troll post count is there a reason you've replied and why on earth is it allowed...
    So fishing in both tel muir and eodon are treated like a dungeon but dungeon fish don't spawn this is what should be "fixed"
    It's not dungeon any more, because of treasure maps - and you can't launch row boats in Malas Gravewater lake or Ilshenar either.

Incidentally, the facet is called Ter Mur not Tel Muir.
    Mariah said:
    It's not dungeon any more, because of treasure maps - and you can't launch row boats in Malas Gravewater lake or Ilshenar either.

Incidentally, the facet is called Ter Mur not Tel Muir.
    Thank you for the clarification on the name but your two examples both prove my point 
    How so?  You can't place boats on those facets, you don't fish up dungeon fish on those facets, unless you're in a dungeon. Gravewater lake and the lake at Lakeshire both give shore fish. Ter Mur and Eodon both now conform to the norm on those facets. I'm not sure what you're asking for?

Safest place to fish for dungeon fish is the islands at the bottom of Shame.
    Gravewater lake is the underwater dungeon all of ilshenar is a dungeon.
    I will accept your theory and not continue this discussion 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    For dungeon fishing in ilshenar I fish in the mushroom cave.  For relatively safe dungeon fishing in Trammel I do this spot in Shame level 2

I'm well aware of all dungeon fishing locations safe or not I'm simply asking for dungeon rules to apply completely if they are applied but i understand not everyone agrees with my opinion 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    It's funny... Kyronix responds on average like once a week to posts... and somehow vague McDougle requests are what he responds to half the time.

Either start being more specific (and accurate) or stop tagging Kyronix. He has to check the snowflakes Misk is hand drawing for NL.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited April 2023
    keven2002 said:
    It's funny... Kyronix responds on average like once a week to posts... and somehow vague McDougle requests are what he responds to half the time.

Either start being more specific (and accurate) or stop tagging Kyronix. He has to check the snowflakes Misk is hand drawing for NL.
       That's just the 'increased communication' we heard about years ago.   non-answers, just a meer showing of meaningless interactions so they can say things like 'we hear you' 'we see what you're saying' etc etc.
    Watch, this might get a response just to prove the point.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    CovenantX said:
    keven2002 said:

That's just the 'increased communication' we heard about years ago.   non-answers, just a meer showing of meaningless interactions so they can say things like 'we hear you' 'we see what you're saying' etc etc.
    Watch, this might get a response just to prove the point.

No it won't, they are double bluffing you :)
    I feel Kyronix is actually active but limited in what he's able to say and do
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.....  eh Kyronix ?  :D

Nuthin but <3 4 ya chief.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    Realistically only actual dungeons should be valid areas for dungeon fishing.  The game treats Ilsh & Ter Mur as a giant dungeon area, which it kind of is but also kind of isn't.  I wasn't part of the team during the fishing update of HS, so can't speak to the motivations then.  If we were to revisit fishing though, one goal would be to fix the inconsistencies. 

@keven2002 ; - I answer questions and engage when I can and where I can in between my coloring sessions, I'm getting really good at staying in the lines!

@CovenantX ; - I'm happy to engage on the forums, and also in-game when things are in testing.  These types of interactions are limited though, as there are other tasks that I have to tend to.  What discourages these interactions though are when bad faith arguments make their way into the discussion (not saying you are guilty of this, just offering insight as to why I may or may not engage in any particular thread).  I read just about everything that gets posted here and the TC forum during testing, and often times we get more out of you guys having a lively discussion then injecting ourselves into the conversation. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,090
    I can't believe how yall can be such jerks to this nice man.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Expressing our opinions and wanting our game to thrive hardly being jerks
    Kyronix said: If we were to revisit fishing though, one goal would be to fix the inconsistencies. 
       I'd hope inconsistencies are fixed throughout the game, not just those that have to do with fishing.

I have a bug report that has to do with antique & PoF (that definitely does not work as the patch notes say that it should), as well as PoF not affecting certain 'clean' items & artifacts (not just jewelry), which effects some of the newer event reward items that have been released in last few years. - an inconsistency with most affected items,

Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Expressing our opinions and wanting our game to thrive hardly being jerks
      Exactly.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    Kyronix said:
    Realistically only actual dungeons should be valid areas for dungeon fishing.  The game treats Ilsh & Ter Mur as a giant dungeon area, which it kind of is but also kind of isn't.  I wasn't part of the team during the fishing update of HS, so can't speak to the motivations then.  If we were to revisit fishing though, one goal would be to fix the inconsistencies. 

@ keven2002  - I answer questions and engage when I can and where I can in between my coloring sessions, I'm getting really good at staying in the lines!

@ CovenantX  - I'm happy to engage on the forums, and also in-game when things are in testing.  These types of interactions are limited though, as there are other tasks that I have to tend to.  What discourages these interactions though are when bad faith arguments make their way into the discussion (not saying you are guilty of this, just offering insight as to why I may or may not engage in any particular thread).  I read just about everything that gets posted here and the TC forum during testing, and often times we get more out of you guys having a lively discussion then injecting ourselves into the conversation. 

Props to you @Kyronix for this response. I think it is well known that you are the most interactive person on the Dev team and if I haven't said it recently, I (along with many others) appreciate that. Glad to see your sense of humor is still intact as well :)

Pawain said:
    I think most people respect Kyronix, and rightfully so. He's the only Dev that interacts with players on (semi?) regular basis. I personally think he should be the person in charge as he's the guy who engages with us here and in game to get feedback (which half the time can be harsh). There is a difference between being disagreeing and being a jerk. You can do one without doing the other.

This might be a surprise to ya tho...you can agree with everything he does and still be a jerk... if the shoe fits, ya know ;) ;) ;)
    None of you show respect do you read what you write or does the vitriol just flow. Grimm really ? Every post you write is a complaint you can't compose something constructive.  As seen by the OP. No one needs to see what your opinion of the developers knowledge or work day. Because you do not know what their job description is. 

Please post it if you do. Yalls posts are anonymous blabbering about topics you know nothing of. Or you would have their jobs if you are so good.

Can you send a link to the games you have created?
    Pawain said:
    None of you show respect do you read what you write or does the vitriol just flow. Grimm really ? Every post you write is a complaint you can't compose something constructive.  As seen by the OP. No one needs to see what your opinion of the developers knowledge or work day. Because you do not know what their job description is. 

Please post it if you do. Yalls posts are anonymous blabbering about topics you know nothing of. Or you would have their jobs if you are so good.

Can you send a link to the games you have created?
        1) There's a lot to complain about.
        2) Criticism is not a 'lack of respect' if you or anyone take it that way, that speaks more of you than anything else.  I'd say the first step to correct it, would be to treat the cause.
        3)  Judging by the fact they create content and fix bugs within the game,  I'd say most of what has been said is perfectly within reason and within their job description.
       4) The devs here in UO have created content and expansion(s) for UO, i don't belive any of them were here for the creation of the game (in the dev position at the time).

@Pawain ;  you of all people are probably the single greatest example of someone that posts about subjects you know nothing about.
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    I'd like to do the things I enjoy fishing/pirating but have gotten nothing new. My main character was a mystic/bard made unplayable by a bug with mystic aoe spells not working on provoked creatures a bug not even acknowledged much less fixed. We've waited months for new events to get bunnies now I'm glad we've included ways for many different templates to play but you don't take away the dungeon part and you should include fishing pirating treasure hunting thieves etc. We hear the Dev team so busy on Nl no time for other things then mesanne goes on witch hunting tangents (bridge houses player memorials) and lastly the forum itself a place people should be able to come and air concerns or grievances. Now you attack me it's ok but ANYONE who post any issue is instantly put on trial look in the mirror...
    CovenantX said:of them were here for the creation of the game (in the dev position at the time).

@ Pawain   you of all people are probably the single greatest example of someone that posts about subjects you know nothing about.
    Prove it, Link right here what I said was wrong. 

Don't include the bug forum because I go there to play.
    edited April 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    I'd like to do the things I enjoy fishing/pirating but have gotten nothing new. My main character was a mystic/bard made unplayable by a bug with mystic aoe spells not working on provoked creatures a bug not even acknowledged much less fixed. We've waited months for new events to get bunnies now I'm glad we've included ways for many different templates to play but you don't take away the dungeon part and you should include fishing pirating treasure hunting thieves etc. We hear the Dev team so busy on Nl no time for other things then mesanne goes on witch hunting tangents (bridge houses player memorials) and lastly the forum itself a place people should be able to come and air concerns or grievances. Now you attack me it's ok but ANYONE who post any issue is instantly put on trial look in the mirror...
    Cast RCs. I can play a mystic without the added benefits of a Bard. How do you think I get Gargoyle suits from every dungeon.

I rarely have an opportunity to use any area spells while using him. Maybe cast and run into a crowd and use them at the Dynamic spawns, but nothing is discorded using that method.  I kill the mobs before they get thick enough.  You really discord the low HP Mobs in a crowd.  They should be dead before you can do that.  Discord the high HP things and use the correct damage spells or weapon. (Don't tell Y, I think something is wrong with Bombard. I have cast the correct spells on mobs, then toss a rock, the rock almost always does the most damage)

Tell us where you have trouble and I am sure someone can help you kill better.

Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Cast RCs. I can play a mystic without the added benefits of a Bard. How do you think I get Gargoyle suits from every dungeon.

I rarely have an opportunity to use any area spells while using him. Maybe cast and run into a crowd and use them at the Dynamic spawns, but nothing is discorded using that method.  I kill the mobs before they get thick enough.  You really discord the low HP Mobs in a crowd.  They should be dead before you can do that.  Discord the high HP things and use the correct damage spells or weapon. (Don't tell Y, I think something is wrong with Bombard. I have cast the correct spells on mobs, then toss a rock, the rock almost always does the most damage)

Tell us where you have trouble and I am sure someone can help you kill better.

So you  don't play a bard and your solution is not to use what's broken
    edited April 2023
    I knew you could not come up with anything useful as a reply. I said I have a bard I have a Mystyic, I have never had reason to use that spell on a discorded target of mine. I am wondering why you cant play that template because 1 thing does not work under 1 condition.  Which we will never know because you can not come up with a reason.  Why can player A play a Bard and Player B play a mystic and do just fine in events, but you can't play a combination of the two where the bard benefits the Mystic in may other ways that just one spell that only doesn't do the proper damage under 1 specific condition.

This discussion has been closed.