urgent need to adjust the rewards turn in from counterfeit eggs

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,140
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Kyronix said:
    We aren't planning a dungeon this go round - there are some feedback points for dungeon style ToTs we need to address in our next publish before we go live with another dungeon ToT.  In the meantime, hoppy hunting!
    Like removing shard bound so we can travel with our earned items?

>:) 
    This is the only improvement they need for ToTs.

Recently old fren asking me for rare Arch lich arty on my shard

But I only have 1 piece which I am willing to sell at 50 plats since its shard bound... so sad...  :(

Don't worry, I'm sure the archlich drops will make a reappearance during an upcoming event just like every other drop.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,982
    Right now it seems like UO is played so vendors can make money rather than for simple entertainment look at how affordable yukio earrings have become 
    Kinda what happens when there hasn't been any consistent brand new content to explore (cookie cutter dynamic events are the same thing just different rewards). For those that have been around for a long time and have all the skills or done all the end game content the only thing left is collect new rewards... when they get what they need they sell the rest for a profit.
    I completely agree the current situation has created a lot of sharks but the guppies (returning player and mythical new players) suffer and leave 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    On lower population shards with just a few players doing the spawns all the good stuff is in reach of newer players.  Would assume that anyway.  On my shard I have no problem getting enough eggs for what I wanted.  Did not get lots of stuff but got what I could use.  Don’t know about Atlantic but for players on the other shards, and that includes newer players, this is a good opportunity to get some of the goof stuff.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,928
    Grimbeard said:
    Right now it seems like UO is played so vendors can make money rather than for simple entertainment look at how affordable yukio earrings have become 
    This.

That's unfortunate, though.... I wished that any and all items were more readily available to players so that the need to "make gold" in the game was not so high....

If players could get the items which they need in the game, themselves, just playing the game, then prices for certain items would not be so high and players would not need to get into alienating "grinds" to make the gold which they need to buy items priced ridicolously high.....

Deco items which are not needed for a more effective playing can be made as rare as we want, but any and all items which make a character more effective, those no, they should all be readily available, to my opinion.

And that includes 120 Powerscrolls, Cameos, etc. etc.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,033
    Yes, the way you see it, we should not have to play UO to get items, the items should just appear in your inventory.  How many Balron chests are on your shard in Vendor Search @popps ?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Yes, the way you see it, we should not have to play UO to get items, the items should just appear in your inventory.  How many Balron chests are on your shard in Vendor Search @ popps ?
    Wanting all play styles to be able to participate isn't an easy button and you really shouldn't be allowed to attack anyone who asks. yes you should be able to get drops through pirating, fishing, stealing,t-chest etc 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,385
    @popps shard bound hurts paying customers that have real life responsibility and cant play 24 7
    I missed the wildfire event and I can get any of the deco items on my shard but I can find them all on other shards So I pay for many accounts but cant have access to items because real life is more important ? nothing should be shard bound not one single think.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited April 2023
    I look forward to next years changes to combat scripting, the way this years changes were implemented because of last years....rinse/repeat/vomit..
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited April 2023
    Skett said:
    @ popps shard bound hurts paying customers that have real life responsibility and cant play 24 7
    I missed the wildfire event and I can get any of the deco items on my shard but I can find them all on other shards So I pay for many accounts but cant have access to items because real life is more important ? nothing should be shard bound not one single think.
    How so, if I may ask, when the Developers cleverly bring back items which were offered as Rewards in previous Events so that all those UO players who may have missed those past Events due to their real life responsibilities can again get them playing at a later Event to which they can attend ?

It is only a matter of waiting a bit for those items to come back as Rewards.

Players who do not want to wait, can then purchase them and luckily, because they are Shard Bound they can hopefully be found on their Shard because they cannot be taken to Atlantic for reselling...

Or they can just wait a later Event to which they can participate and get them on their own.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,209
    Counterfeit tags aren't the same as original. Same stats but different value to players. 

Shard bound sucks. Period. For some of these shards the cross farmers are the only action they ever see. 

Your so lost in your logic 
    they haven’t brought back wildfire deco items as of yet 
    What should have been done was make shard for all the players like you that you cant leave nor transfer items let the rest of us enjoy the game how we see fit. 
    I for could care less about scripting I think half of you accusing others have no clue I’ve been accused and only play cc no add ons. God forbid someone can buy a hedge on Alt and take it back to LS lol wtf how does this hurt YOU m. 
    Remove shard bound ! 
    Skett said:
    Your so lost in your logic 
    they haven’t brought back wildfire deco items as of yet 
    What should have been done was make shard for all the players like you that you cant leave nor transfer items let the rest of us enjoy the game how we see fit. 
    I for could care less about scripting I think half of you accusing others have no clue I’ve been accused and only play cc no add ons. God forbid someone can buy a hedge on Alt and take it back to LS lol wtf how does this hurt YOU m. 
    Remove shard bound ! 
    Well they missed the mark because it's not rewards or deco that needed shard bound it's power scrolls 
    then peeps just jump to other shards and eat scroll ... But that would boost sells of transfer tokens to those that don't have shard shields... But the rtm cites would get most those sells .....
    Skett said:
    then peeps just jump to other shards and eat scroll ... But that would boost sells of transfer tokens to those that don't have shard shields... But the rtm cites would get most those sells .....
    It's working with masteries..and two transfer tokens get used right now with eggs not being shard bound might as well remove it 
    Powerscrolls (or anything for that matter) would make zero sense this late in the game. 
    popps said:
    Skett said:
    @ popps shard bound hurts paying customers that have real life responsibility and cant play 24 7
    How so, if I may ask, when the Developers cleverly bring back items which were offered as Rewards in previous Events so that all those UO players who may have missed those past Events due to their real life responsibilities can again get them playing at a later Event to which they can attend ?

This proves that shard bound is not good for small shards. The fact that they have to bring them back.  There are less than 20 EM drops for an event , but because they are not shard bound you can find them on Atlantic, the UO shopping center.  But you can not find items that are shard bound on small shards.

I noticed you did not answer, how many Balron Chests are on your shard in Vendor search.
    JackFlashUk said:

and I am so glad the devs don't listen to anything you say because you are capable of further ruining this game for others

Most cases i'd agree but i was fully behind his crusade to upgrade imbuing and stealing. 
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Skett said:

Exactly.  There are already shard bound scrolls.  But you can only get them out of one dungeon: Khaldun.  Which, ultimately, doesn't even hurt much in the long run...depending on what you want to do with them.  Build chars and scroll pets?  Problem solved, because you're guaranteed three 120's.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,296
    If all players could travel UO would not need shard bound.  But as long there two classes of players, one that can travel and one that cannot, players with shard shields that allow them to freely travel from shard to shard just provides too much of an advantage to those players in terms of acquisition and sales.  This was made apparent during the invasion event during COVID when most of the better and harder to get invasion books offered for sale ended up on Atlantic.  I appreciate that UO goes out of it’s way to support it’s long term players, but when that support negatively affects my play I have to draw a line.  I think if long term players would not object it would be simple enough for UO to find another way to accommodate subscription players who have not played for 14 years to resolve this issue but so far it has been reluctant to do so.  But UO at least recognizes now that the unrestricted shard some players enjoy is an issue and is trying to deal with it.  I do give UO credit for that.
    edited April 2023
    Arnold7 said:
    If all players could travel UO would not need shard bound.  But as long there two classes of players, one that can travel and one that cannot, players with shard shields that allow them to freely travel from shard to shard just provides too much of an advantage to those players in terms of acquisition and sales.  This was made apparent during the invasion event during COVID when most of the better and harder to get invasion books offered for sale ended up on Atlantic.  I appreciate that UO goes out of it’s way to support it’s long term players, but when that support negatively affects my play I have to draw a line.  I think if long term players would not object it would be simple enough for UO to find another way to accommodate subscription players who have not played for 14 years to resolve this issue but so far it has been reluctant to do so.  But UO at least recognizes now that the unrestricted shard some players enjoy is an issue and is trying to deal with it.  I do give UO credit for that.
    What shard do you want things to and from?  I can help you.

Whats your excuse now?

The devs are not going to change shard transfers. Pay, get help, or use a vet reward
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 287
    Grimbeard said:
    Skett said:
    It's working with masteries..and two transfer tokens get used right now with eggs not being shard bound might as well remove it 
    Shhhhhh.  I haven’t finished transferring to all the shards I play yet.  Don’t ruin it!

I agree though, shard bound items suck and are pointless. Especially in this instance.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Shoe the dead horse.
    edited April 2023
    Urge said:
    Powerscrolls (or anything for that matter) would make zero sense this late in the game. 

Only thing that actually need to be shard bound at this point, IMO, are EM items. I doubt that will ever happen though.

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion because it doesn't benefit everyone but I think the first time something is a reward for an event there should be no shard bound tag. It would be 150 drops or so but not shard bound. The next time they bring that item back, it becomes shard bound but only cost like 50 points. This allows people that worked for it up front to actually have the benefit of the item while allowing others who couldn't get it access to it on their shard at a discount due to it being shard bound (kind of like Yukios). Obviously my opinion is that people who actively play (and pay) should get some sort of benefit... otherwise what's the point of being a loyal subscriber when I know popular rewards will return in a cycle or 3??

But I digress because this is just turning into another "remove shard bound" threads instead of something about this event specifically.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 772
    popps said:

Players who do not want to wait, can then purchase them and luckily, because they are Shard Bound they can hopefully be found on their Shard because they cannot be taken to Atlantic for reselling...

Or they can just wait a later Event to which they can participate and get them on their own.

Your obsession with things being sold on Atlantic is ridiculous. And you're so wrong on the, hopefully the item can be found because it hasn't been carted off to Atlantic, thing. I mean you are seriously, seriously, wrong, wrong, wrong!

That aside, who cares? I care a whole lot less about that than I do the inconvenience of having to earn the same stuff over and over again on different shards. Just because some #$% is worried about stuff being moved around from shard to shard? I'll happily earn the same stuff over and over again for my multiple characters. The being pinned down to where I earned it is another matter.

You obviously aren't someone who likes to shard hop to meet up with others spontaneously. It's a complete pain in the ass that you can't do this without worrying about having to take apart a suit you're wearing that you've earned. And then hope you can find something else that will be half decent and affordable away from your homebase shard. 

And you apparently don't have a clue how difficult it is to find most of the shard bound pieces for sale to begin with on low population shards. Usually there's zero for sale. And on the off chance you do find what you're looking for it's not at a price affordable to the casual player.

Do you have any idea how many hours of play it takes to farm the gold needed for a single one of these items if you want to buy instead of waiting for another event to roll around? Or maybe you're good with the idea that if you don't have enough time to farm gold you can go to a website and buy gold from gold farming bots?

It's also a complete pain if you want to decorate away from your home shard. Being forced to use your playtime to carefully comb through everything, making sure you aren't accidently carrying something in your overflowing pack, or your stuffed to the gills bankbox, or your pack animals, that'll give the message you're not allowed to transfer with shard bound items. 

More than once I've bought a transfer token from the UO store, filled my pack animals, backpack and bank box with items, then had it take hours of combing through everything to find a single shard bound item that was accidentally packed. It sucks beyond belief how much time it takes.

Once, I had to give up and unload all the pack animals again because I didn't have the time to keep looking. All because I grabbed a turtle hatchling net for decoration. I mean ffs, God forbid I travel to another shard with a turtle hatchling net because I want artwork that looks like knitting.

I'm not at all shy about telling anyone who promoted the idea of shard bound items that they really made a mess of it and sucked the fun out of the room at the same time. This imo is one of the worst in the world of UO ideas to ever come down the pike. Especially for players whose time to play is limited.
    keven2002 said:
    Urge said:

Only thing that actually need to be shard bound at this point, IMO, are EM items. I doubt that will ever happen though.

I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion because it doesn't benefit everyone but I think the first time something is a reward for an event there should be no shard bound tag. It would be 150 drops or so but not shard bound. The next time they bring that item back, it becomes shard bound but only cost like 50 points. This allows people that worked for it up front to actually have the benefit of the item while allowing others who couldn't get it access to it on their shard at a discount due to it being shard bound (kind of like Yukios). Obviously my opinion is that people who actively play (and pay) should get some sort of benefit... otherwise what's the point of being a loyal subscriber when I know popular rewards will return in a cycle or 3??

But I digress because this is just turning into another "remove shard bound" threads instead of something about this event specifically.
    This allows people that worked for it up front to actually have the benefit of the item while allowing others who couldn't get it access to it on their shard at a discount due to it being shard bound (kind of like Yukios).

I do not understand why players who could not participate in a given Event during its first implementation should be penalized when they then participate at a later time by receiving not a same-like Reward.

Playing is playing, and the time spent playing is still time spent playing, regardless whether one does it the very 1st time a given Event is made available with its Rewards or they play in it time later when the Event (or the Rewards) get offered again.

I do not like "early birds" favouritisms in games because it can hurt players who may have less time to play and/or more real life issues coming up that might prevent them to participate in given time limited Events when they get offered.

I am OK with time limited Events as long as whatever Rewards they bring are then offered again at a later time with future Events so as to always give to players a way to get those Rewards even though they missed a given Event due to their Real Life getting in the way of their playing.
    popps said:

I do not understand why players who could not participate in a given Event during its first implementation should be penalized when they then participate at a later time by receiving not a same-like Reward.

Playing is playing, and the time spent playing is still time spent playing, regardless whether one does it the very 1st time a given Event is made available with its Rewards or they play in it time later when the Event (or the Rewards) get offered again.

I do not like "early birds" favouritisms in games because it can hurt players who may have less time to play and/or more real life issues coming up that might prevent them to participate in given time limited Events when they get offered.

I am OK with time limited Events as long as whatever Rewards they bring are then offered again at a later time with future Events so as to always give to players a way to get those Rewards even though they missed a given Event due to their Real Life getting in the way of their playing.
    How are they being penalized? They are able to get the reward in a later event (cheaper).

It's not early birds favoritism when the event lasts 2+ months. You have almost a quarter of the year to pop in. If you can't that's fine, there will likely be extra available for sale when you are able to pop in.

It's a tired excuse that "real life gets in the way". I know that real life takes priority over UO 10 out of 10 times but that's how life works with any limited time offerings (UO or otherwise); you are either there for it or you aren't. You don't see me crying about being able to have a dread mare because real life took priority that time period they were around.

While we are at it, I'm not able to do most EM events because that's when I'm having dinner or unwinding (ie RL gets in the way) so should they all be run back with a chance for me to get each drop at a time convenient for me? I also wasn't able to go see the Rolling Stones' farewell tour either; I guess they should keep playing so that I can see them too right? Oh and I missed the boat on Amazon stock because I didn't have any money to invest when it IPO'ed...should I be given the stock price of $20 a share now?

I'm convinced you are from Mother Russia popps because you have the most socialist view point out of anyone on these forums. You think everything should be given out equally regardless of skill/time spent/money spent/effort.

What's the incentive for someone to actually subscribe to the game at all or for years at a time if they can just come back whenever they feel like it (ie when RL isn't in the way) to claim everything they missed? It doesn't make any sense from the business side to allow this (this is how the keep subscriptions) and it doesn't make sense to the people that made the effort to be there.
  • usernameusername Posts: 693
    Seeing these Drogeni books for 10mil on vendors that took one character at least 3 hours previously is a kick in the genitals, not to mention the Plinths that can be obtained in 1 rabbit kill that previously took 10 points. 

Really sad they couldn't have at least made the rewards at least a different name + color. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,247
    username said:
    Seeing these Drogeni books for 10mil on vendors that took one character at least 3 hours previously is a kick in the genitals, not to mention the Plinths that can be obtained in 1 rabbit kill that previously took 10 points. 

Really sad they couldn't have at least made the rewards at least a different name + color. 
    They did make them a different name by adding counterfeit to it
This discussion has been closed.