This is some BS and I don't mean Broadsword

Some douchebag parked his full a$$ boat at my island house, which was blocking one of my own galleons...I had to empty mine out so I could redeed it. I then proceeded to block this persons ship in with 2 of my own. Mine were legally parked. This person paged a GM and the GM came and MOVED MY SHIP !! To let that person out, instead of telling them "I'm sorry but you'll have to empty out your full a$$ ship and then redeed it, like everyone else.....
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    hmm are maybe you could have paged a GM and the GM would have moved hi ship?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    “lol at trammel, in fel you blow up the other person’s boat first and loot it before drydocking,
    cannons give okay cleanup points”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    The main point I was making  completely relates to the current state of affairs. Someone will page a GM because of something someone else did, while ignoring the very thing that they themselves did.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    edited April 2023
    "Garth, wtf?
    let us say you're a GM, you're responding to someone who says their boat is stuck, you turn up at the scene and see 2 boats blocking in one boat, so you move a boat.

What you expect a GM to do? before moving the boat, download a backup of the server for the last 24 hours and somehow watch all actions of all parties involved first?
    would still just move a boat"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    "Garth, wtf?
    let us say you're a GM, you're responding to someone who says their boat is stuck, you turn up at the scene and see 2 boats blocking in one boat, so you move a boat.

What you expect a GM to do? before moving the boat, download a backup of the server for the last 24 hours and somehow watch all actions of all parties involved first?
    would still just move a boat"

NO, I don't expect a GM to move someone elses property when they're legally parked. Have you ever logged a character out on a boat, and then moved the boat with another character forgetting someone else was logged out on it, and then log that character in ? The server won't put the character back on a moved ship, it sends it back to the last saved location. The GM should have considered that before moving someones ship, which is why he/she shouldn't have moved mine in the first place.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,246
    Hate agreeing with "Yoshi" so much, so I may stop posting for a bit, it's been fun. :)

Trammel appears to be the problem here, I'd have sunk it :)
    I'll give you an example of a real annoying GM Garth,

We were the douchebags who lined up 20 odd ships in Lost Lands Felucca and completely blocked all access to Tera Sanctum while our Champ Spawn teams happily farmed away for a period of time...

Someone called a GM, and along he came, and deleted all of our Ships :D

edited April 2023
    “There is actually a sign post on the beach there that says abandoned ships will be sunk or something to that effect.

as for the parking issue in trammel, maybe they’ll start drawing double yellow lines”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited April 2023
    Lucky you did not get 3 days for harassment. You admitted to purposely blocking them.
    Jus sayin.  You know the saying, two rights don't make a left.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    And as it typical, no one read the part about how MY ship was blocked and I had to.....nvm...I knew better than to even post about it...

• People who say Trammel is the problem, just sink it, are just like the people that say Trammel is the problem, just kill the person harassing you.

In Fel the conditions favor people doing bad acts. "Player justice" was a myth. The ordinary person just trying to go about his or her day simply faces no realistic chance to retaliate against someone trying to disrupt that. Indeed that disruption is the reason for that rules set existing.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited April 2023
    And as it typical, no one read the part about how MY ship was blocked and I had to.....nvm...I knew better than to even post about it...
    The difference is, you purposely blocked them with 2 ships. We have no proof they were doing anything malicious.  We now know to page a GM if our ship is blocked instead of seeking revenge. A PSA.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited April 2023
    People who say Trammel is the problem, just sink it, are just like the people that say Trammel is the problem, just kill the person harassing you.

In Fel the conditions favor people doing bad acts. "Player justice" was a myth. The ordinary person just trying to go about his or her day simply faces no realistic chance to retaliate against someone trying to disrupt that. Indeed that disruption is the reason for that rules set existing.
    Any response I make, probably needs to be deleted.

I cannot comprehend this level of weakness. There is nothing positive I can come up with, no reasoning, or logic for how someone has this attitude. I'd expect more from a mouse.

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Have too agree with John on this one.  It’s not a weakness to prefer to play against the computer. It’s a choice.  Not all players are interested in playing against other players.  Players that design their toons to for the sole purpose of defeating other players will almost always win against players designing their toons to do something else.  I don’t see anything wrong with the Fel rule set for players that want to play there, but defeating other players has never been of any interest to me nor is it something I would enjoy.  If all this game offered was the Fel rule set, I would not be playing it.  Don’t really think that’s a weakness, it’s just a choice.
    edited April 2023
    Arnold7 said:
    Have too agree with John on this one.  It’s not a weakness to prefer to play against the computer. It’s a choice.  Not all players are interested in playing against other players.  Players that design their toons to for the sole purpose of defeating other players will almost always win against players designing their toons to do something else.  I don’t see anything wrong with the Fel rule set for players that want to play there, but defeating other players has never been of any interest to me nor is it something I would enjoy.  If all this game offered was the Fel rule set, I would not be playing it.  Don’t really think that’s a weakness, it’s just a choice.
    Do you ever leave your house in real life? How do you mentally approach that?

You did not have to leave your house ingame, or the guard-zone.

Having to rely on  a rule-set, or GM's to babysit me, really is not how I'd want to be. I do not get it.

Why are you so fixated on the pvp or being killed ingame? You didn't have to be. It's like saying, you expect to get in a fight, or get mugged, every time you leave your house - it's not how it is/was - even if it seems like that, you've built this into something ridiculous in your head.

Do you think UO - a Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game - was designed for you to play against the computer? Or do you think it was all about the player interaction?
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
     It is annoying to get blocked in at your seaside homes.  And what dumb ass does not dry dock their ship in fel?   Even if it was fel scuttling the ship would solve nothing because your ship would then just be blocked by a scuttled ship.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    I play UO to an in part to escape RL
    I never worry anymore about being mugged or killed by some druggy/homeless perp anymore I moved far far away from blue states ;) scariest thing I do now Is drive on the highways.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,079
    Pawain said:
    Lucky you did not get 3 days for harassment. You admitted to purposely blocking them.
    Jus sayin.  You know the saying, two rights don't make a left.

...But 3 do....?? :D

Cookie said:

I cannot comprehend this level of weakness. There is nothing positive I can come up with, no reasoning, or logic for how someone has this attitude. I'd expect more from a mouse.

Completely agree. These are the same people, as kids, that yelled for an adult when Timmy was making faces.

Arnold7 said:
    Have too agree with John on this one.  It’s not a weakness to prefer to play against the computer. It’s a choice.
    Then as Kyronix once told me... maybe a multi-player game isn't for you. Difference is that I was referring to Tram (where I can't do anything) whereas you seem to be referring to playing in general. Nothing wrong with solo play but this reminds me of popps trying to make all of the changes he wants to the game based on his personal play style. Learn to play in the sandbox or buy your own personal sandbox.

As far as the OP is concerned, it is what it is. I probably would have done the same as they did because actually getting a GM to respond could take longer but technically nobody said they had to unload the ship. Someone else took a different approach and because the OP didn't like it, they came to rant about it here and then got upset when people didn't agree with them.

Whoever originally blocked in Garth "won" based on the rant that followed because they got the last laugh after he tried to be a jerk and block them in intentionally. Seems like he's mad about that and his only way to soften the loss is to have people here agree with him...they didn't so time to cut your losses and move on. Trammy boater 1 - Garth 0
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    Revenge fail.  GM moved a ship.  This whole thread seems like an overreaction.  

If we are voting for closing a thread, you got mine.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Sorry not much interested in pvp.  Know this style of play interests a lot of players and some games offer only this style of play.  Kyronix was wrong if he implied to you that only pvp type games where the only multiplayer games available.  I enjoy playing pvm with other players in this game.  But admit I also enjoy playing solo games as well, but those usually have an ending while this one does not.  Pvp is just a play style some enjoy.  It’s no different from the other play styles, others enjoy.  That is one reason UO supports more than one play style.  It’s not a weakness to enjoy a play style other than pvp.  And, fear of getting killed has nothing to do with.  UO offers resurrection.