Stealing green thorns

“I am new to stealing, 
I stole many green thorns from farm bots. 

But now when I try to steal them it says 
‘you cannot steal that’

they are in top level of backpack and uninsured.

how its done please?”
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,019
    Yoshi said:
    “I am new to stealing, 
    I stole many green thorns from farm bots. 

But now when I try to steal them it says 
    ‘you cannot steal that’

they are in top level of backpack and uninsured.

how its done please?”

Are you in GZ ?
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Yes in GZ but it didn’t stop me stealing before”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “Yes in GZ but it didn’t stop me stealing before”
    It's wacky remember this is UO  i promise extra hand drawn misk snowflake for your troubles 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,168
    What's the weight? You cannot steal things over 20 stones so if it's a stack of like 70 then maybe it gives that message?
    edited April 2023
    "i also thought that, and i was able to steal a stack of 10 from someone, but the bots i cannot steal from, even when there is only 7 or less i cannot steal"
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 777
    keven2002 said:
    What's the weight? You cannot steal things over 20 stones so if it's a stack of like 70 then maybe it gives that message?
    Should be able to peel some off the stack though I would think. Regardless of weight of whole stack. 
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    I think you can, theres a difference between targeted stealing, and just selecting the backpack
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited April 2023
    Norry said:
    I think you can, theres a difference between targeted stealing, and just selecting the backpack
      yea if you target a player, as opposed to the actual item, it tries to steal anything in their pack, including items that cannot be stolen, like runebooks, any blessed, insured or additional containers etc.

Also, if there's a quest that asks for green thorns (not sure if there is one off the top of my head) as a required item, i believe items that are toggled as quest items cannot be stolen or looted as well.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Tested: You can steal green thorns. Only tried a stack of 10 and was able to pick a few off.
    Why doesn't he just kill them? 
    edited April 2023
    “ I can’t steal from these 2 bots, can only steal from players. I am not sure what they are doing.
    (Cannot kill blues in GZ)”
    Yoshi said:
    “ I can’t steal from these 2 bots, can only steal from players. I am not sure what they are doing.
    (Cannot kill blues in GZ)”
    You choose to not kill them ? Or the bots call guards? 
    edited April 2023
    “bots call guards.
    i killed two time by going criminal and bots auto attack, but now they are reprogrammed to ignore players and only attack monster/animal “