[UO.Com] Exploiting Game Mechanics

2»

Comments

• RockoRocko Posts: 174
    What? A guy put a boat in the water and escaped? Does an egg drop when that happens? 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Here is a good double standard, the guy (we all know who it is) admits to being AFK all the time and talks about 3rd party prog. all the time and has been warned time and time again but yet here he still is.  WHY???
    I hope you are not talking about me here? or are you linking to another post?
    If I were talking to you I would have the balls to quote you and @Grimbeard gave you         the answer
  • That is bad news for me. Not because of the vorpal and the easter event but because of treasure hunting. The no-blocking rule makes things much more difficult now that you can not keep the ancient chest guardians away while you deal with chest trap. Now you got to spend valuable 100 points into trap disarming, making T-Hunters even less survivable.

Anyway... WHAT EXACLY IS THE LIMIT of legal. then? When is using those bags allowed? Yes, trapping them completely in a closed square is out, ok, understood. What else?

--> Suppose you make just 3 sides of the square, so that there IS a way out and the monsters are NOT completely trapped, and you close the space with an energy field? Is that out too?

@Mariah knows to comment on this?

Having GM trap disarming skill pretty much kills plenty of T-hunter templates out there. Trap disarming would be mandatory if one could not keep them ancient guardians away while waiting out (and healing) those 10+ explosions. Just any cache chest would take you 100 points in a skill that would work ONLY for that.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,021
    That is bad news for me. Not because of the vorpal and the easter event but because of treasure hunting. The no-blocking rule makes things much more difficult now that you can not keep the ancient chest guardians away while you deal with chest trap. Now you got to spend valuable 100 points into trap disarming, making T-Hunters even less survivable.

Anyway... WHAT EXACLY IS THE LIMIT of legal. then? When is using those bags allowed? Yes, trapping them completely in a closed square is out, ok, understood. What else?

--> Suppose you make just 3 sides of the square, so that there IS a way out and the monsters are NOT completely trapped, and you close the space with an energy field? Is that out too?

@ Mariah knows to comment on this?

Having GM trap disarming skill pretty much kills plenty of T-hunter templates out there. Trap disarming would be mandatory if one could not keep them ancient guardians away while waiting out (and healing) those 10+ explosions. Just any cache chest would take you 100 points in a skill that would work ONLY for that.

My t-hunter can solo all maps with gm disarm
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797
    @Rufus_The_hermit
    Sounds like you are attempting to disarm the trap right after killing the first round of guardians.  The trick is to go dig up more chests while waiting for the ancient guardian timer on the first chest to expire.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,021
    TimSt said:
    @ Rufus_The_hermit
    Sounds like you are attempting to disarm the trap right after killing the first round of guardians.  The trick is to go dig up more chests while waiting for the ancient guardian timer on the first chest to expire.
    I simply invis a time or two 
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    edited April 2023
    CovenantX said:
    Acid_Rain said:
    UO took a hard approach against blocking via static objects anywhere.
       Too bad there's no hard approach to things that actually affect other players game-play.

There's a great deal of frustration with  many people who are sick of all the scripting in pvp,, like auto-box, auto-cure, wall scripting etc.    when Free-shards are able to disable features of these third-party programs, and real UO can't?   it's just unbelievable.

as a matter of fact.

I had downloaded UOS**** several years ago to replicate a classic client crash exploit that would cause anyone using CC (including the exploiter) to crash if they were all in the same general chat channel.    took a few minutes to figure out how to do it, I tested it (in my own private gen-chat channel on TC1) I know a lot of people on LS crashed because of it being used by an opposing guild that we just so happened to be at war with at the time...  I should still have the Pm's between the devs and I on stratics (I believe it was just before these official forums opened up) and that exploit was fixed within a week or two...   Same deal with the  Pre-AoS stun-punch and disarm garbage people were using here

All I'm saying is, when you have to download and use an 'illegal program' to replicate exploits people are actively using for an unfair advantage over legitimate players, leadership needs to step up and do something about it...    (that specific exploit was fixed too and the abusers magically turned back into S*** players again shocker, I know..), they fixed A symptom... and not the real issue,

Bro, your preaching to the choir. That exact exploit been used on myself & my old guild more times then I could count. Crap pvpers that smack talk then crash everyone bc they’re no skilled entitled childish mentalities. I been against cheats for 20yrs, even supported UO & PunkBuster. Got tired of banging my head against a wall tho. 

Talking abt anticheatware, UO Former Producer 2006-2008
    Things fs aint gotten better.
    Darkscribe said:

Player cheating is a serious problem inside Ultima Online, as it is with all online role-playing games. It hurts the economy, gives players an unfair advantage in PvP, and puts honest players at a disadvantage when it comes to competing for resources, spawns and treasure. It’s no wonder the use of cheat programs is the number one complaint to customer service.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    “Why it’s bannable to say vendor buy to provisioner and block rabbit with bag
    but okay to say vendor buy to stable master and block rabbit with animal?

very strange rule”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 906
    Here is a good double standard, the guy (we all know who it is) admits to being AFK all the time and talks about 3rd party prog. all the time and has been warned time and time again but yet here he still is.  WHY???
    I hope you are not talking about me here? or are you linking to another post?
    If I were talking to you I would have the balls to quote you and @ Grimbeard gave you         the answer
    Thank you for clarification.  Sometimes it can get confusing when discussions get heated 

Have  a good day 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,946
    That is bad news for me. Not because of the vorpal and the easter event but because of treasure hunting. The no-blocking rule makes things much more difficult now that you can not keep the ancient chest guardians away while you deal with chest trap. Now you got to spend valuable 100 points into trap disarming, making T-Hunters even less survivable.

"Now you got to spend valuable 100 points into trap disarming, making T-Hunters even less survivable."

That is why lots of players use multiple accounts and EJ characters....

They are free, and one can add all skills which do not fit on one's own main template...

Just remember, to also train the EJ "add-on" character with hiding and stealthing besides those skill which one may need and do not fit onto ones own main character, and park it somewhere safe in the area to use when needed....

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,350

I'm not sure why your treasure hunter is suffering. I simply replaced Mining with Disarm, since mining is no longer needed. Perhaps you need to post your template and tactics on a thread here so that players can advise you on how to adapt them? I, and several others with varying templates, are able to safely dig up maps. 
  • DelthorDelthor Posts: 61
    Pawain said:
    Yall are smart enough to do a Google Search.

I like this one.

24. You will not do anything else that interferes with the ability of other Ultima Online users to enjoy playing the game in accordance with its rules, or that increases the expense or difficulty of Broadsword Online Games in maintaining the Ultima Online service for the enjoyment of all its users.

Like casting area spells on our Bunnies.
    No way that’s is the same, it’s a well known thing in uo, I see a monster, I can attack it. That’s not grieving you at all, I’d this was the truth, raiding a spawn is against these same TOS then.  
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Yoshi said:
    “Why it’s bannable to say vendor buy to provisioner and block rabbit with bag
    but okay to say vendor buy to stable master and block rabbit with animal?

very strange rule”
    You don't make any sense.  Especially for a person that admits to afk macroing.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    This is my pretty much standard T Hunter template. I can't even remember the last time one died at a chest and I do A LOT of hoard and trove maps. For what ever reason I decided to take this ones mage to 120 and drop Med it is a 40LMC 30MR suit and mana is rarely a problem.  I use imbue instead of focus because I load a bag up with chest loot and unravel it and imbue supports Mystic the same as focus. No need for hiding and stealth IMO, when protection and invis get the job done.  Really don't even need 100 remove trap, I run it at 60 on one of the Hunters and higher Meditation and disarm just fine even on Trove maps. Wish I could do higher luck on the suit adding yukios earrings boosted the SDI and Luck  and the Serp Skin wings added another 125 and got me to a whopping 1670 Luck on his suit.  The rest of his suit I put together and enhanced from Legenday and Major Dread Pirate loot..well other than the blackthorn robe and Apron. But the Resist on the Loot pieces were well over cap on the spread across the suits to give me all 70s without the earring slot so adding Yukios didn't hurt the resist only Mana Increase.  Really nothing a RC can't kill and I pack a set of spell books of a super slayer  and Dragon slayer nature with SDI on them, Hail Storm Destroys Greater Dragons and Bombard + RC makes pretty short work of Frost Dragons if I am not in a mood to tame them.   My tactics are pretty simple drop RC/invis/spam hail storm or Bambard for the opening and keep a RC up while cleaning the chest out.  I am done with a Trove map in about 15 minutes, a hoard map in 10, Cache Maps 7-10 and less than that 4-5 minutes.  Time consuming part is sorting the chest loot and tossing the 50 stone stuff in corpses and regular bags around the chest.

I tend to pop a lot of frost dragons and drakes  so kill a lot of time bringing a tamer in to lore them and tame them high tactics drakes go to the stables.  Frost Dragons, Greater Dragons and crappy drakes go in and around Vics House so Lola can cook them up.  LOL I can't pass up a high tactics drake.  Dragon Wolves are kind of fun as well.  My big goal in UO is to eventually have every free tile in the castle with a stack of 60k gold from pocket change in the pack when I come home to get a new map.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited April 2023
    Acid_Rain said:

Bro, your preaching to the choir. That exact exploit been used on myself & my old guild more times then I could count. Crap pvpers that smack talk then crash everyone bc they’re no skilled entitled childish mentalities. I been against cheats for 20yrs, even supported UO & PunkBuster. Got tired of banging my head against a wall tho. 

Talking abt anticheatware, UO Former Producer 2006-2008
    Things fs aint gotten better.
    Darkscribe said:

Player cheating is a serious problem inside Ultima Online, as it is with all online role-playing games. It hurts the economy, gives players an unfair advantage in PvP, and puts honest players at a disadvantage when it comes to competing for resources, spawns and treasure. It’s no wonder the use of cheat programs is the number one complaint to customer service.
       yeah, I know, i was just quoting you for context, even most of the people who are cheating agree,  It can't be 'fine for some' and not for others.

I also remember the guy who was very briefly producer of UO before Mesanna, Jeff Skalski (something like that) saying something about a new shard where it's "Ok to cheat", the whole thing sounded to me like -If you get caught cheating, you'll be xferred to this new shard where everyone was cheating...  So they definitely acknowledged that it was going on...  but it seems the new shard idea was scrapped, and instead we just have cheaters amongst us.  It's really a sad thing to see.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • @TimSt

A quick one to not go offtopic...

I have read about the timer that lets you deal with the trap witout anciet chest guardians. According to uoguide at https://www.uoguide.com/Treasure_Map they call the timer "safety valve" that causes ancient guardians to stop spawning
    BUT
    it is supposed to apply only if the hunter has 90+ RT skill : "at 90-100 Remove Trap all chests have a 'Safety Valve' where past that point no additional Ancient Guardians will spawn".

But the timer existing only for 90+ RT is quite pointless because if a template has those many RT points then they just go and disarm the trap in 1 attempt right away.

You confirm? Does the timer work for you even without RT skill?
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited April 2023
    @Rufus_The_hermit

If you have less than 90 Remove Trap, there will some number of explosions no matter how long you wait. 0 RT is 9 explosions, 30 RT is 6 explosions, etc.

If you have 90-100 Remove Trap, and your first RT attempt completes before the "Safe Time", or whatever you want to call it, you will always get an explosion and Ancient Guardian. Additional RT attempts that also complete before the "Safe Time" may have an explosion and Ancient Guardian, or may succeed and remove the trap.

If you have 90-100 Remove Trap, and your RT attempt (even the first) completes after the "Safe Time", there will be no explosion nor Ancient Guardian.
    -Arroth