Bagball warnings

People are posting on Stratics about being banned know the rules !

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,390
    ya wouldn't need them if they made the rabbit stay within x amount of spaces. I lose every other rabbit because they run off to fast in open fields. all the fenced fields are camped all day and night.
    very poorly thought out event again. 
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 187
    Skett said:
    ya wouldn't need them if they made the rabbit stay within x amount of spaces. I lose every other rabbit because they run off to fast in open fields. all the fenced fields are camped all day and night.
    very poorly thought out event again. 
    its easy even if your using a tamer to kill em, when they spawn grab their life bar and go into war mode and spam attack them, just keep clicking on their life bar in war mode, they will stay right next to you.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,390
    I tried that in brit fields they run offi get an egg 1 out of 6 at least 2 get away 
    just a very boring event imho last year was fun this is just not fun at all chasing an overly fast rabbit around for 2 months nvm
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    @Kyronix can you make the Abomination Rabbit act like Grimms so we can kill them in Guard Zones.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • 1. Plant seed
    2. Cast energy fields
    3. Profit
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited April 2023
    "just stam block it in a corner, 2 people or one person and a pet
    unless you're doing it in trammel for reasons unknown"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 90
    edited April 2023
    1) It is possible to stay inside Guard protected areas and damage the rabbit
    2) As they said, send a pet or click like a berserk on the rabbit's health bar and you're fine
    3) Why do you need an artificial cage for that rabbit?!
    4) That's it...

Not sure why people complain about this event when it's the chilliest EVER in the last years, you don't need a mulitboxer army to get what you need as a CASUAL PLAYER, and therefore I am very HAPPY about it! :)
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 898
    I feel like there should be levels of "illegality" when it comes to the ToS, third party program use should be among the worst...  but it's rare to see anything ever happen, so rare in fact, that if the OP is telling the truth, that's one action taken against basically a meaningless offense, that has zero effect on other players, compared to other offenses that go on literally every single minute of every single day that greatly impact the in-game economy for all players. it's just disappointing AF.

blocking mobs is supposed to be legal as long as there's an open path, and your character is allowed to stand in that path, same as it is for blocking players with objects.  Basically, the mob has to have a path to you in order to attack.

but as mentioned above, you just stand-block with characters (or pets*) 2-4 chars can do it very easily and when the rabbit can't move it's so easy to get the bar using object handles (Ctrl+Shift) and manually attack with multiple chars, or simply flip clients and 'attack nearest hostile' should work.

fun fact/pro-tip, pets cant stand-block npcs in trammel-facets... they also can't stand-block npcs or players in fel if they've been fed on the same sub-server. (you kinda need to know these things when you use 5-pack damage pets instead of one 5/5 super-pet like the masses)
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,794
    I wonder if this would constitute a violation of the TOS.

• BenjaminBenjamin Posts: 13
    I had one bag ball spot open and stood there. I got banned for 72 hours.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 898
    TimSt said:
    I wonder if this would constitute a violation of the TOS.

That's the kind of stuff you'd see in pvp during factions. and it was fine.. a GM would show up and delete the items if they completely blocked an area you know 'factions' when people actually played UO instead of a third-party program doing most/all of the work.

I'm not even sure why it's even a rule anymore... half the people using third-party programs can just walk through most of these "impassible" objects.

Benjamin said:
    I had one bag ball spot open and stood there. I got banned for 72 hours.

That's unfortunate, you should be able to fight that,  However It wouldn't be the first time I heard of people being wrongly banned/suspended.     I'd Email mesanna about that one, if you remember or have any screenshots or recordings of the interaction with the GM.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    edited April 2023
    I wonder if you can stealth bagball someones rabbit then call on them.

Rule seems kinda dumb, shrugs
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    I wonder if you can stealth bagball someones rabbit then call on them.

Rule seems kinda dumb, shrugs

:D

CovenantX said:
    I feel like there should be levels of "illegality" when it comes to the ToS, third party program use should be among the worst...  but it's rare to see anything ever happen, so rare in fact, that if the OP is telling the truth, that's one action taken against basically a meaningless offense, that has zero effect on other players, compared to other offenses that go on literally every single minute of every single day that greatly impact the in-game economy for all players. it's just disappointing AF.

blocking mobs is supposed to be legal as long as there's an open path, and your character is allowed to stand in that path, same as it is for blocking players with objects.  Basically, the mob has to have a path to you in order to attack.

but as mentioned above, you just stand-block with characters (or pets*) 2-4 chars can do it very easily and when the rabbit can't move it's so easy to get the bar using object handles (Ctrl+Shift) and manually attack with multiple chars, or simply flip clients and 'attack nearest hostile' should work.

fun fact/pro-tip, pets cant stand-block npcs in trammel-facets... they also can't stand-block npcs or players in fel if they've been fed on the same sub-server. (you kinda need to know these things when you use 5-pack damage pets instead of one 5/5 super-pet like the masses)

Once again agree 100%. The fact that people are getting banned for bagballing a rabbit is the equivalent of someone being thrown in jail for jay walking while a serial killer walks freely planning his next victim.

• Once again agree 100%. The fact that people are getting banned for bagballing a rabbit is the equivalent of someone being thrown in jail for jay walking while a serial killer walks freely planning his next victim.

For many reasons, no, it's not.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    edited April 2023

Once again agree 100%. The fact that people are getting banned for bagballing a rabbit is the equivalent of someone being thrown in jail for jay walking while a serial killer walks freely planning his next victim.

Please explain how someone bag balling a rabbit in some random field you run by impacts you and why it's such a serious offense to incur a 72hour ban. Now compare that to the blatant scripting that goes on in Fel Yew within about 30 seconds of being there where you can see wall scripts / auto chug & trap box scripts which is literally cheating and has caused me to stop PvPing. All of which go unactioned of course and are so bad it's to the point you have to script if you want to keep up.

Go ahead. I'll wait.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,257

Responses like this bug me no end.

You've acted like you are making a statement of fact - with absolutely zero evidence or explanation backing it up.

This just cannot do, as an attitude, as a way of being, it is why the world has so many issues right now, we have people making sweeping statements with zero reasoning or explanation.

I'm now going to give an equivalent response.

For many reasons, yes, it is.

See how we are getting nowhere with that?
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Hi, I would just like to say: in before thread is closed.
    It is a waste of time to try and email anyone. It is sad how I spend a couple hours a week playing this game and know a very large potion of the game is played every day using the unspeakable 3rd party client. People running multiple accounts collecting eggs on ever account pushing less buttons then me. An offense that they say will get you banned. Funny not one of them has done anything but talk about the 100's of eggs they get an hour. I use a few bag balls so I don't have to spend hours chasing rabbits to get a couple eggs and I'm out. I play only CC. Reminds me of when I use to play back in the 90's when this game was something.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    The easy solution would to just make bag balls and hay bales passable/non blocking or simple remove bag balls from the game.  Would end the age old bag ball debate once and for all.  Of course there really is no debate since it has been made clear for a couple of decades now that blocking is not legal and not tolerated.  Seems the last big wooohooo about blocking was when everyone blocking exodus. Sorry but if you can't manage to kill the bunnies without blocking..... you are just really bad at UO LOL
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    CovenantX said:

This has always been my understanding of what was legal.  If the bagballs have an open tile your character is allowed to stand in that space so long as the mob can attack you.  While mobs generally won’t push through you, they are not considered an impassable object like the bagball is.

@Kyronix given the posts, can you clarify if this arrangement is in fact considered legal?
    Tyrath said:
    The easy solution would to just make bag balls and hay bales passable/non blocking or simple remove bag balls from the game.  Would end the age old bag ball debate once and for all.  Of course there really is no debate since it has been made clear for a couple of decades now that blocking is not legal and not tolerated.  Seems the last big wooohooo about blocking was when everyone blocking exodus. Sorry but if you can't manage to kill the bunnies without blocking..... you are just really bad at UO LOL
    Lol for me to say I was any good at the game would be a lie. I just didn't want to run around chasing bunnies. Only way I found to keep them next to me was to click like some sort of mad man on the mouse. Sure that is for some but I'll pass. It is all right I got a couple more pair of the earrings really all I was after. At the rate this thing is getting farmed it will be easy to get everything. Buy a soul stone token from your local UO store. Sell it for 65 quick mill. Buy everything for 5 to 10mill each on vs.