Spring has sprung

On baja at least

Comments

• RinerRiner Posts: 355
    From what I can tell they haven't put in the rabbits yet? Anyone notice anything different?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Think just champ but i can try a thorn !
    Grimbeard said:
    Think just champ but i can try a thorn !
    Still regular vorpal
  • RinerRiner Posts: 355
    What I had as well - thanks for checking!

• twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    Revard is certainly funny. Why shard bound then?
    Do you really think that on servers where there are few players, someone will do this at all?)
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    I wanted a pair of the talons rather than the boots and this was the only gargoyle I had available, so I ran the champ spawn with her (early in the event, so lots of people around) and got the reward!

Total resources used:

3 Earthquake Scrolls
    7 Energy Vortex Scrolls
    11 Explosion Scrolls
    11 Potions of Greater Conflagration

Yes, it would have been easier to get boots and trade one of the numerous throwers for talons, but I wanted to see if I could do it with this toon. 

Also, a Mage with 27 Physical Resist, 0 Med, 0 Focus, and 0 Eval makes the game challenging again...
    -Arroth
    I see the event totally promoting selfishness as no one will want to share Thorns 
    Honestly, this thing is going to run for 2 months. After a few weeks the champ spawn is probably going to be mostly abandoned, like the rest of the dynamic champs. You'll be able to run it continuously and get 10 eggs each time. What are you going to need thorns for?
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Grimbeard said:
    I see the event totally promoting selfishness as no one will want to share Thorns 
    I just put 20 stacks of 10 thorns on my Steward.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    I plan on doing a shard wide bunny hunt or hunts.  Not all of us are greedy and selfish :)

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Honestly, this thing is going to run for 2 months. After a few weeks the champ spawn is probably going to be mostly abandoned, like the rest of the dynamic champs. You'll be able to run it continuously and get 10 eggs each time. What are you going to need thorns for?
    Champ spawn will be abandoned tomorrow. I have 13 Mukluk now.  Doing it every 34 minutes on LS right now.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    It's not me or even my shards that worries me 
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    Pawain said:
    Champ spawn will be abandoned tomorrow. I have 13 Mukluk now.  Doing it every 34 minutes on LS right now.
    This makes me laugh.  I have a lot of them from this morning.  I feel bad for selling a pair for 10m, I had no idea they would drop every. single. time.  I’ll probably give them their money back and some extra boots for their troubles.
    The boots do not drop every time, depending on the number of participants.

I have run the spawn from 1st wave, got an egg, got looting rights and did not Mukluks. This has happened twice. Both times were with large groups of people.

It appears the boss has some limited number (I've heard 10) of Mukluks that are given out amongst those who meet the participation criteria and have looting rights.
    -Arroth
    The boots do not drop every time, depending on the number of participants.

I have run the spawn from 1st wave, got an egg, got looting rights and did not Mukluks. This has happened twice. Both times were with large groups of people.

It appears the boss has some limited number (I've heard 10) of Mukluks that are given out amongst those who meet the participation criteria and have looting rights.
    Apparently they do on Great Lakes.  

If you’re on GL and haven’t gotten a pair, I’ll give you 5 of them.
    edited March 2023
    Oreogl said:
    Apparently they do on Great Lakes.  

If you’re on GL and haven’t gotten a pair, I’ll give you 5 of them.

Oh no, I'm fine on boots. Just pointing out they don't always drop if you have many players.

We have about 20 people on Pac running the spawn. 3rd time now I've gone from initial spawn to the champ, got an egg, got looting rights, but no drop. Apparently others are experiencing the same thing.

First day of content though. As it continues, I'm sure everyone who wants boots will be able to get them.
    -Arroth
    Three times now from start to end, with an egg, looting rights, but no drop.

We have around 20 people playing. So apparently quite a few are not getting drops.
    What shard are you on?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Grimbeard said:
    Some time ago Europa governors held an event https://forum.uo.com/discussion/8511/governor-event-tuesday-7th-april#latest
    I sent this link to a few people on other shards to say we planned to repeat it during this global event. Larisa was one of those. When we do the Europa event, probably later this month, the governors will be supplying the thorns.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    This is today on Baja:

Check out the Ultima Online Baja Facebook group for more details.