Dread Pirates and Treasure Maps

Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
edited March 2023 in General Discussions
I can't find this info now, but when High Seas first came out the Dread Pirate description said they would spawn with level 5 maps on them. Players posted over and over that this was not happening, I've done 1000s of Dreads and have never gotten one so I"m pretty confident it was never implemented. @Kyronix can you confirm or deny if this was never coded or will never be ? Of all of the things a dread pirate would carry, a map to his secret chest is at the very top of the list as it should be. I know you're busy, I know there's plenty of other ingame content , but some of us have always enjoyed the High Seas, and dedicate a majority of our playtime to it. It would be beyond awesome if you could at least add Cache maps as a loot item, and in all honesty, it should be Hoard level in my opinion. Is there any chance in all of Sosaria that this might happen in the future ?

Lore has always been a huge part of Ultima, and there is no greater Lore than a notorious Pirate and his/her Treasure..and this doesn't refer to the low level loot in their backpack when you kill them. It would be in the hold of the ship, and only attainable once it's scuttled and the Pirate killed...

That's about as nice as I can think to be with this request.

Thank you
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    +1
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2023
    Notes for Publish 68:
    Publish 68 12th October – Ultima Online (uo.com)

Level 7 Treasure Chests

• These maps can be found in Level 6 treasure chests, in the pirates hold and a rare chance on one of the boss mobs.  You will see a few new creatures and lots of booty ! This is not a solo encounter.
    -Arroth
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    That's the one, thank you.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    This is the perfect example of how a little developers communication would go a long way...I'm sure it's a simple matter of being missed but rather than an oops we forgot but it's fixed now we get the stone wall of silence 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "are you talking about Trove maps?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited March 2023
    Well when HS first came out there were going to be 7 levels of maps. Since then it's been changed back to 5 with different names, so technically yes, a level 7 then would be a Trove now. It was advertised then as the top level map, so really it should still be the top level map.

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,109Dev
    I can't comment what the original intent of map level distribution was in HS/Pub 68 (fun fact my first pub was Pub 74!).  When we revamped T-maps we wanted to condense the levels as one of our goals.  One of the goals was to also provide a high-level encounter that would be exactly as suggested.  It would belong to the pirate captain and lead to a boss level, champ style encounter.  There would be some lore behind the captain's map and the idea was to try and integrate treasure chest hunting with something a little more robust, like a champ spawn.  Unfortunately, we had to scale back the feature.  It's still something I'd like to see come to fruition at some point. 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,019
    edited March 2023
    Since any real gameplay additions/changes seem to be on hold until after New Legacy, and before Grimbeard says it, maybe you could add Facet specific Cache, Hoard, and Trove maps to the blackmarket?

"Arr matey, I do have this one map that is said to lead to a Pirates bounty! These things be difficult to la' yer hands on, so it will cost ya a goodly number of doubloons!"

Say:
    Trammel/Tokuno                Felucca
    3,000 Cache                      30,000 Cache
    4,000 Hoard                      40,000 Hoard
    5,000 Trove                        50,000 Trove

>:)  
    -Arroth
    Yarrrrr good work matey