Anyone else having issues with Vendor Search too slow and timing out ?

I seem to be having trouble with VS searches....

It takes forever to get a reply to a query and, often, it is the Timed Out error message or, it gives the result of an older query, not the current one.

Anyone else also having issues with VS ?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Everyone. It is in the bug forum. 

It did work great for about an hour last night. I think when a server went down for maintenance. I asked them not to let that server come back, but they did not listen.

I bought all the good stuff on Atlantic during that hour so no need to search.

You can do a search and it times out. Sometimes in 5 to 10 minutes the results appear.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    My guess is the gold seller EJ autobots somehow were allowed back into VS without the "time out" required. Most likely after a patch when something got broken. Just banning them from VS should fix it. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 883
    this could be answered in CHAT. another dumb waste of time post by the champion  mass debater
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Last week or so it’s been unstable.  Updating shards time always screws thins up for a few weeks.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    have you noticed if when it doesn't work right
    if the website is down?

I looked on VS earlier today but didn't check to see if the website is down.
    (I can only get on here because it is in my favorites list)
    No. I was using the uo wiki while searching last night and today.
  • Its been crap for a week, hey while your at it can you fix the Corgul bug, the yew tree quests bugs, the lighthouse bug, All spawns bugging out bug, Hey add yours to the list,
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2023
    have you noticed if when it doesn't work right
    if the website is down?

I looked on VS earlier today but didn't check to see if the website is down.
    (I can only get on here because it is in my favorites list)
    Sorry no, did not pay attention to the website....

What I found very weird though, was that, after a very long waiting, the VS was returning results of previous queries, not the last one that I submitted....

And this, over and over....

For example, say that I made a search about valorite ingots..... waited a long time, got timed out multiple times, repeated the search over and over and, eventually, after several attempts, the vendors carrying valorite ingots popped up.

Then, after this, I searched again for agapite ingots, same pattern, multiple time outs, long waiting times and all that and, eventually, after repeated submits for agapite ingots, eventually a result comes up only, it is again for valorite ingots and not the current search for agapite ingots !!

And not just once, but multiple times !!

That is, after I get a result for valorite ingots (an older search) while I am searching for agapite ingots this one time, I re-submit my query about agapite ingots... go again through all the painfull time outs, long waiting times and all that and, again, eventually, get results for my older valorite ingots search rather then the current agapite ingots search....

And this, multiple times..... like VS is "stuck" on that older search query rather then on the current one...

Go figure.....
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    edited March 2023
    Server just went down, and Hey presto vs is working again! (for now).

So Now we just need Corgul, yew tree quests, lighthouse, Spawns bugging out fixed. Thank you
    edited March 2023
    Spoke too soon, broke again
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Server just went down, and Hey presto vs is working again! (for now).

So Now we just need Corgul, yew tree quests, lighthouse, Spawns bugging out fixed. Thank you
    What is the Corgul bug?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • The Corgul bug is you go to Corgul and he isn't there, Lets focus on the vs bug first i mean its only three years old, just out of nappies. I am a patient person, I don't ask for much, but am seeing people leave game because VS isn't working so they cannot make gold.

I would say list of priorities in bug fixing would go;

Fix VS
    Fix Safes
    Fix Corgul
    Fix Yew tree quest
    Fix Lighthouse
    Fix yourself a martini and relax.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174

Fix yourself a martini and relax.
    Best advice.

• Ok now I am pissed, some wanker put a 3 tame mastery up by the time vs worked he had swapped it for a wrestle same price and i bought it. CAN YOU FIX VS PLEASE!
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,895
    Ok now I am pissed, some wanker put a 3 tame mastery up by the time vs worked he had swapped it for a wrestle same price and i bought it. CAN YOU FIX VS PLEASE!
    This would be entirely your fault 
  • He just did the same again......and no, its not my fault, the guy is scamming people. Its against the TOS and frankly i don't like the cut of your jib!

He just did the same again......and no, its not my fault, the guy is scamming people. Its against the TOS and frankly i don't like the cut of your jib!

So you buy something without looking and it's his fault ?
  • No that's cool i just got a green light to do the same from a GM, I will rename all the crap i sell..No wonder this games dead

Couldn't happen to a better person.

I was referring to Grim and his winning lotto ticket.
  • Who is Grim and what lotto ticket? I like the way you always rp a pretentious asshole.

Yup. I'm role-playing. You really are. 
    edited March 2023
    Yep bub, you don't know me. All i ever see from you is you hijacking peoples threads to get your name in there. Is your last name Intheass?

Stop hijacking threads and stick to the issues, I just failed twenty vs in a row, called a gm who said "Sorry this isnt our issue".
    edited March 2023
    What does your issue have to do with VS being slow?  You started hijacking with your own issue.

Which would be a concern if you bought things directly from the VS gump. But we do not, we have to go look at the item and click it to buy it.

I know you are the guy on Atlantic who speaks and next thing you hear is "I was told to put him on ignore, I should have listened" from multiple players.  But more learn each day so I hear less of them saying that.

But thanks for the PSA, that is doing business in a shady way.
    The one constant about locked threads is a Pawain reply 
    edited March 2023
    I vendor searched an item twenty times, each time timing out, so I called a GM, who said initially "sorry that's not my responsibility", fair enough. So asked them who is responsible?

Next reply was;

So I asked again, who should I complain too?

Response;

So I kinda wanted clarification, Are the GM's aware or are the devs aware and asked for a timeline for when it will be fixed.

Response;

After wasting three hours searching with no results I asked if this was fair.

Response;

Can you either fix Vendor Search or refund the money I have paid for the game and I will find something better to spend it on,

https://broadsword.com/about.html

Apparently the developers need to read the mission statement? 

Transparency

We are transparent internally and externally about our games. We strive for smooth communication with our communities about events, changes, tweaks, additions, and improvements to our products. We'll always err on the side of more versus less. We're also transparent internally and share our metrics, analytics, financials, feedback and roadmaps with everyone in the company to foster collaboration in our decision making.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    LMAO  They are as transparent as EA will let them be.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    “Saul

i’ll give you a taming III scroll 

it’s not your fault it is real scam cos when you click buy, the confirmation menu doesn’t present you with the true item info, only the fake description 

bug has been reported
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/9050/2-vendor-scams#latest

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    VS seemed to function marginally better yesterday.  If "of" and "the" are left out of the description it seems to function better.  Also setting a price range seems to help too.