Suggestion: Context menu for not secured or locked down items

For items placed in your home that are not secured or locked down how about a context menu that has the options to secure or lock the item down?  It would improve the flow since your mouse is already on the item when you drop it.  Having to drop the item then type "I wish to secure this" is a broken flow.
Tagged:

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I like this. Good 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• SmootSmoot Posts: 389
    if it popped up immediately, it would block the lock down cursor.  drop, hit macro, target.  less than .5 secs.  i just wouldnt want a menue to get in the way of a quick lockdown.
  • RockRock Posts: 567
    I also like the concept.  It complements the functionality offered by the Release menu item on objects already locked down.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • GidgeGidge Posts: 426
    As long as this could be toggled on/off it would be okay. sometimes I just toss stuff down in my house and this would drive me nuts.

I actually say, I wish to secure this and use the cross hairs to drag the item, boom! :D
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    You might be surprised how many new folks I have come across in my years who work to get the gold, place a foundation of their first house, build the walls. Finally, full of happiness and excitement, they clean out their bank of treasures, and go shopping for furniture.

And then they learn about the typed command to lock down items to prevent decay the hard way.

Your average noob rarely has anything truly worth crying over losing, but it is still a devastating blow when you are a new player. Some sort of default message that pops up when you place an unsecured item in a house would be huge imo. An option to turn off the reminder is good also.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2018
    yes typed commands are all bad, there's no ingame listing that i know of. It's like we're programming when we type commands. It's v bad.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    On Siege, especially if I'm locking something down on the steps, or in a Public house, I'll say the command then pick the item up with the targeting cursor active, then just drop and click. But yeah, annoying.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Gidge said:
    As long as this could be toggled on/off it would be okay. sometimes I just toss stuff down in my house and this would drive me nuts.

Would be nice to have it just to avoid an item not locking down, with a toggle I would prob have it off most of the time anyways.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Gidge said:

I actually say, I wish to secure this and use the cross hairs to drag the item, boom! :D

You would still need to click on the item after you dropped it before the context menu pops up. That way if you drop the item and not click on it, it would behave the same way as it currently behaves.

Although a toggled option to automatically pop up the context menu when you drop something would be good for new people.