Harrassement/Stalker

Hey guys, if you have someone in the game that is harassing/stalking and you've had a restraining order on them prior, what can I do? He has placed a house an inch next to mine in the game and created a  character with my name from another game to scare me. Thanks.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    call the police / contact local authorities
    you say you "HAD a restraining order" why isn't it still in effect ?

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited March 2023
    Email Mesanna at bonnie@broadsword.com  Put Urgent in the title Calmly explain the details of the situation.

They are very good at making difficulties for harassing players. As long as the situation fits the criteria.

If this fails, get the player say something harassing or confess to harassments in any chat.
    Then immediately page a gm so they can log the chat.

Example: if someone pretends to be you and does anything against the ToS. That is a quick ticket to a ban.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ActionEllyActionElly Posts: 156
    Okay, thanks @Pawain
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    There's an internet restraining order ? Or you know this person in real life ? Both questions should be a no answer imo.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    Hey guys, if you have someone in the game that is harassing/stalking and you've had a restraining order on them prior, what can I do? He has placed a house an inch next to mine in the game and created a  character with my name from another game to scare me. Thanks.
    This may constitute online harassment which would violate a restraining order. While what Pawain suggested is important it's also important to notify the issuing authorities of the violation of the restraining order. If it's not then they might modify the current order. There's only so much that Bonnie can do and I would imagine that you would have to supply her with the appropriate documentation before she can take action against an account.

Just remember, don't engage with the restrained individual and auto save your journal for a while.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Wouldn't they just tell you to not login? 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    Why punish the person that has a restraining order? It's the harassment that needs to be addressed.
    Why punish the person that has a restraining order? It's the harassment that needs to be addressed.
    I don't disagree but it's what the authorities will ask
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Grimbeard said:
    Only if the other party can prove that they were there first and as houses have dates on them the other party is in violation.  Just went through this stuff with my daughter and getting one on her ex.
    Grimbeard said:
    Only if the other party can prove that they were there first and as houses have dates on them the other party is in violation.  Just went through this stuff with my daughter and getting one on her ex.
    In game is a different story but if it is an outside real life restraining order they will tell her to not log in 
    Almost all judges include no digital/internet as well as any and all forms of contact are prohibited  along with a distance of (example 500 yards) in a basic restraining order
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “I am trying to consolidate all of my existing restraining orders into one easy to manage restraining order”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    you need to double click them then target the perp in your case target yourself lol JK
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    edited March 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    In game is a different story but if it is an outside real life restraining order they will tell her to not log in 
    So you think the cops are going to tell someone with a restraining order not to go out to eat or shopping.  There is zero reason to tell her NOT to log in.  She has every right to log in as the other person is in violation of the restraining order not her.  The restraining order is to stop the other person not her.
  • Tbh The dev team are shit at this, there was a 15 year old kid in discord being harassed, filmed, etc by four well known players on Atl, I reported it, contacted the cops, emailed senators, ect, Dev team didn't want to know. All four still play on Atl
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    Tbh The dev team are shit at this, there was a 15 year old kid in discord being harassed, filmed, etc by four well known players on Atl, I reported it, contacted the cops, emailed senators, ect, Dev team didn't want to know. All four still play on Atl
    I do not think Broadsword owns Discord. Blaming wrong company. 

Discord is like other free social media.  People are harassed every day there.  Read what Elon Musk writes about his employees.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • They could have checked chat logs, watched the perps, done something. all four are well known on atl and are all still there. You want to blame the airline for flying kids to Epstein island or the people who carried out the crimes?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    I think this has gone beyond the scope of what can be achieved in this forum.
This discussion has been closed.