New cure potions are OP

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited March 2023 in PvP / VvV
"Hi,
Where you get special cure potions from that allow you to use while holding spell and keep spell
(in this case greater heal)? ofcourse it's always been possible to drink a potion while casting a spell, and you then get cursor, but where do these new potions come from that allow you to drink AFTER cast and still don't lose cursor?

Not sure where these special potions come from but i haven't found on people's corpse as all mine work the same, but they are OP"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    @Pawain you know how this is done? 
    you seem to be so knowledgeable on healing”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited March 2023
    Nope I have no idea how long the Delay is if any on potion use. Seems everyone in PvP has 50 Enhance Potion when you see what jewels they buy.

The first one they drank a Cure then a Heal. 

The second they drank a Heal.

I'd say you need to do more damage to kill someone.

Do you expect your opponents to not defend against what you do or have counter measures?

You expect to kill another player in 9 seconds?  That's what PvP is and how is that fun?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited March 2023
    “ah okay thanks, case closed.

Actually perhaps you have helped, maybe i need to make a video of how potions work normally to put into context, if you don't understand then dev maybe don't understand either cos they also never played in fel. But potions work same in tram as fel.
    I tried to write in the OP but my English writing skills I am told are no good. But really i don't say anything in video that i don't already write so i'm not understanding why my writing skills are so bad.

Being able to drink potion after you have casted spell and not lose spell makes you near invincible of course"

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    These are the things that cause pvp, and inevitably the game as a whole to keep dwindling more than any other issue.

There are too many third-party clients that allow people to do things that legitimate players cannot do without breaking the "ToS." that isn't enforced.

There are only two options.

1) Devs fix the problem... (seeing how rampant it's become I know, it's laughable that this is even a possibility)

2) Quit playing UO, or just deal with it while playing on a free account(s).

Many of the people I've played with over the years decades are playing with 1 paid account and one or more EJ account(s)
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 865
    Not to derail the thread (it's not like the devs are going to make any changes to fix this though)

I've been disappointed that you haven't been able to cast spells & re-mount while casting for quite sometime, at least not without a program that's supposed to be against to ToS... you know, everyone is using.

It's annoying that things like that get 'fixed' and they continuously allow cheating without repercussion to persist.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited March 2023
    "I keep saying that they should allow peolpe to play using the broadsword client,

but people like Rorschach keep intefering and blocking development of the classic client by closing the active bug reports so they don't get fixed to the point that you now can't even use it.

Example, you press select nearest hostile and bring up orange
    the guy teleports into sheep pen, bug you lose the target bar
    you press select nearest hostile again, another bug you have to scroll through 20 sheep..
    by this time you're probably dead before you can even target an orange..

*slow clap* good job thanks

and with this third party stuff comes a lot of unwanted things that mess up everything in this nice game"

edited March 2023
    "Rules of conduct:
    5. You will not actively encourage other players to violate the Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct.

I would say that blocking bug reports to the extent of making the 2d client unplayable and forcing people to download third party software for fixes would be breaking this rule, they are not going to enforce rules on players if they don't enforce rules on their own staff"

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Yoshi said:
    "Rules of conduct:
    5. You will not actively encourage other players to violate the Terms of Service or Rules of Conduct.

I would say that blocking bug reports to the extent of making the 2d client unplayable and forcing people to download third party software for fixes would be breaking this rule, they are not going to enforce rules on players if they don't enforce rules on their own staff"

You can't play in a guild of cheaters then complain about cheaters 
    edited March 2023
    “Pretty sure I can.

There is no option for these “cheaters” to play thanks to bugs not being fixed, samurai empire has been out how long? And still no debuff for nerve strike.
    Fel is unplayable with 2d currently. I use it and I can categorically confirm it is unplayable.

third party software is installed out of necessity, you think people want to visit dodgy sites and want to use potentially harmful software?

At least give people an option to play without cheats and then you can condemn them.

They are paying customers, should not have to install this tp crap.

These bugs could have been fixed 5 years ago if bug reports didn’t get closed”
    Cheating is always a choice 
    edited March 2023
    “No choice, game broken, does not work

bugs reported, reports gone into trash,
    thanks”
    Yoshi said:
    “No choice, game broken, does not work

bugs reported, reports gone into trash,
    thanks”
    Excuses and by not reporting your cheating guildmates you're in fact guilty yourself 
    edited March 2023
    “I report bugs many times, 
    why I would report guild mates? 

If you report to GM, that debuff for nerve strike is not displaying, you get canned response that says GM cannot help with issue.
    so they are basically telling people to install another client, as they leave players with no other options if they want to play uo in fel.

how about you go to fel yew and report every single player”
    Yoshi said:
    “I report bugs many times, 
    why I would report guild mates? 

If you report to GM, that debuff for nerve strike is not displaying, you get canned response that says GM cannot help with issue.
    so they are basically telling people to install another client, as they leave players with no other options”
    If they are using illegal programs and you've stated many times they do then they are part of the problem and your failure to page on them both makes you guilty and damages your credibility 
    edited March 2023
    “How I can report?
    the help menu allows you to select 3 people. How you can report 200 people??

I would get banned myself for reporting”
    Yoshi said:
    “How I can report?
    the help menu allows you to select 3 people. How you can report 200 people??

I would get banned myself for reporting”
    The first three you see a good start or just mail Mesanna a link to your discord I'm sure she'll take it from there 
    edited March 2023
    “I’m sure lol. Here Lav is in my guild, even better than discord
    https://www.youtube.com/@lavalynkgaming3544/

Tell her to like and subscribe

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    You have been told, repeatedly, by both Rorschach and I and your fellow posters, why your bug threads get locked. You won't listen.
This discussion has been closed.