Dungeon Wrong: Prison of Nightmares [Maps]

Hey,

I've been playing in Wrong a bit and ended up making myself some maps for the Prison of Nightmares. They are not perfect, they were really just for me, but I thought I'd share them here in case others are interested in this encounter and would like a map for it. 

I also updated the UOGuide Wrong page with the maps and some additional info for the dungeon.
Wrong - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

@Mariah if you want to add these to the uo.com wiki, feel free.

Prison of Nightmares

Prison of Nightmares Maze 1: Can Escape

Prison of Nightmares Maze 2: Can Escape

Prison of Nightmares Maze 3: Cannot Escape

Prison of Nightmares Maze 4: Cannot Escape
-Arroth

Comments

• gaygay Posts: 358
    Yup, incase anyone was wondering. The reason you cannot escape #2 and #3 is because the teleporters associated with the sparkle are 2x2, and the hallways are all 2 tiles wide. I don't think they were intended to be inescapable because of the sparkle, but who knows.

When I farmed that place out, I would just check the pattern of the north corner, and respawn the room until it was a valid layout.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited March 2023
    “I always enjoy the professionalism of Arroth’s work. And this is no exception.

How you make such clean pics without even the char showing?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited March 2023
    hmm, I haven't played this before.   :#
    How do you tell if a layout is escape-able? I mean I assumed the walls are random, so what features tell us it is escapable or not.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Can you use the teleport spell to get past the sparkle?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Thank you @Arroth_Thaiel I will add that information.
  • Thank you.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    Thank you.

Agreed.  Thank you.
  • gaygay Posts: 358
    TimSt said:

No, pretty sure the devs actually just hate the teleport spell because it's constantly disabled almost everywhere new and within event areas.

In reality they haven't figured out how to prevent marking a rune in a zone while still letting someone use the teleport spell in that zone yet.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited March 2023
    Yoshi said:
    How you make such clean pics without even the char showing?
    I turned off the UI in the EC (User Settings>Input - at the bottom of the list) then walked around and took screen shots. Then spent some time in GIMP copy/pasting. At first it seemed like a big task, but turned out to be pretty easy, and actually a bit fun.

Seth said:
    How do you tell if a layout is escape-able? I mean I assumed the walls are random, so what features tell us it is escapable or not.
    The walls are not random, they just don't materialize until a player or prison rat is near the wall. Since there are only 4 mazes you can use the maps above to see which one your working with. If you get a map that can be escaped, you're good to go. Otherwise, get hit by a jailer and get a new map.

I've rolled the maps well over 100 times by now, so I'm pretty confident there are only 4 variations. You never know though, maybe there is a rare variant I just haven't seen yet.

TimSt said:
    While in the Prison of Nightmares,
    You Cannot:
    Teleport, Shadowjump
    Recall, Wraith Form Recall, Sacred Journey
    Gate Travel
    Mark
    Use a Bracelet of Binding to Enter or Exit the prison
    Use a Bag of Sending with Enchanted Items
    Use a Ball of Pet Summoning
    Place an Enchanted Item in a pet's backpack

When you are "captured" by the Demonic Jailers on Level 2, any pets with you will also be sent to the center cell of the Prison of Nightmares.
    Pets are not automatically ejected from the PoN when you escape.
    Pets can be retrieved from the PoN via Ball of Pet Summoning once you've escaped. 

You Can:
    "Help:Stuck" to exit the Prison of Nightmares, but any Enchanted Items on your person will be repossessed.

-Arroth
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    WOW, grat job, Thanks!  :)
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    @Arroth_Thaiel noted, thanks!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs