Enhanced Client : how does one stop the "Follow Cursor" thing ?

I am trying to adjust to using the Enhanced Client but, aside from the horrible graphics, I am experiencing a very extremely annoying issue which I cannot seem to find a way to get rid of....

In order to get my character to move, I press the right mouse button and drag the cursor on the screen in the direction that I want my character to more. So far, so good....

Yet, and this is when I have issues, at times, when I release the right mouse button, my character stops moving as it rightfully should BUT, there are times when I release the right mouse button and the character would still move following the cursor's movements on the screen.... this, with the right mouse button NOT pressed.....

It is unpredictable.... sometimes it does it, sometimes it does it not.

I have tried to figure out a pattern of the times it does it but it is impossible, it really is unpredictable and, generally, repressing and re-releasing the right mouse button ends the follow cursor movement.

So, I thought to just disable the follow cursor thing, entirely.

But, for the life of me, I cannot find where this command is.

Anyone can please help ?

Thanks.

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2023
    "uncheck Enable Autorun"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Yoshi said:
    "uncheck Enable Autorun"

Ok, thank you for the kind help.

One question, if I may..... do you have any idea why I have been experiencing this randomly ?

Sometimes when I release the right mouse button my character stops moving, and sometimes, instead, it keeps following the cursor at right mouse button released....

Also, is there a way to set Autorun on a different key or keys combination other then the mouse buttons ?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Movement in EC is exactly the same as in CC, hold right mouse button down, click the left button to 'lock in' follow cursor.
    I can only assume you are accidentally clicking the left mouse button at some point.

• vortexvortex Posts: 201
    It's a bug it happens to me all the time. It happens when moving and there is lag you get stuck following the cursor really needs to be fixed.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    vortex said:
    It's a bug it happens to me all the time. It happens when moving and there is lag you get stuck following the cursor really needs to be fixed.
    I am actually thinking you are right....

This, because I went to do what @Yoshi suggested, only to find that my character already had the "Enable Autorun" unchecked as it can be seen in the picture here attached....

Yet, even though I have my "Enable Autorun" unchecked, my character, randomly, at times gets dragged, against my will, to follow the cursor....

It not only is annoying but it also can get a player's character killed, in the wrong scenario, if one intends to stop and instead the client decides on its own to have it follow the cursor.... (for example stealthing in dangerous setting, releasing the right mouse button to stop walking and, yet, the client decides to follow the cursor which one has moved on the screen fastly, the character gets out of stealthing and hiding, is aggroed by the spawn and killed...).

It sure needs to be fixed...

@Kyronix , please ?

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,998
    Be patient this is known bug 35677 it's in queue 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2023
    “I’ve heard this a couple of times, here’s one report.
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/11872/movement-issues-using-wasd

Publish 115 did not include any bug fixes for EC. 

Fwiw, I got killed 2 times this morning by nerve strike debuff not displaying, join the club”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    It is definitely a bug. I use the auto run feature a lot for certain characters but some characters I have this off. I have noticed that in areas that are laggy, it’s is like the server doesn’t recognize I let go of the right mouse button and character keeps moving. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    Thought this action was just poor mouse handling on my part.  Kind of glad to see it is a bug and not me.  Agree it’s a real pain but have learned to live with it.  With UO you just have to learn live with stuff like this or you will not enjoy the game.  You know it’s likely going to happen at the worst possible time so I develop plans ahead of time so I know what I am going to do when it happens. I don’t use this feature in combat situations but otherwise I use it a lot to save wear and tear on my hand and fingers.