Shopkeeper's Stock & Forced "Camping"

Devs, please revert shopkeepers inventory back to keeping full stacks of items (999) instead of forcing people to literally camp vendors for hours to "work up" the inventory quantity to 999 in order to get large quantities. Yes, recalling around to different vendors helps, but it still takes hours.. Also the vendors inventory does not always respawn (restock) on the correct timer.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,897
    edited February 2023
    Devs, please revert shopkeepers inventory back to keeping full stacks of items (999) instead of forcing people to literally camp vendors for hours to "work up" the inventory quantity to 999 in order to get large quantities. Yes, recalling around to different vendors helps, but it still takes hours.. Also the vendors inventory does not always respawn (restock) on the correct timer.
    Maybe a good work around would be to add large amounts to merchant ships
  • They have two types of stock, those that the price goes up every time you buy 1000 (iirc) and they keep 500 constantly. and the ones that have to be "farmed" and respawn ~ 15-20 minutes but the price remains the same regardless of amount bought. on Reagents my preference would be farming them up and keep the price the same because i don't want to be paying 100 per on those lol.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Estel_RandirEstel_Randir Posts: 189
    edited February 2023
    6+ hrs later and I only have 13k of this item. There are only 2 vendors in the game that sell this reagent. It is taking up to 30 min to restock & sometimes it skips one or the other of the vendor. I am buying the scrolls off of them too to sort of keep track of restock times also - so I can see that no one is stealth buying.

This is ridiculous devs. Make them restock instant with 999 each time. Who is it going to hurt? Might as well learn how to script at this rate.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    6+ hrs later and I only have 13k of this item. There are only 2 vendors in the game that sell this reagent. It is taking up to 30 min to restock & sometimes it skips one or the other of the vendor. I am buying the scrolls off of them too to sort of keep track of restock times also - so I can see that no one is stealth buying.

This is ridiculous devs. Make them restock instant with 999 each time. Who is it going to hurt? Might as well learn how to script at this rate.
    So would you rather have them cost $100 gold per item like Vic said?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • They have two types of stock, those that the price goes up every time you buy 1000 (iirc) and they keep 500 constantly. and the ones that have to be "farmed" and respawn ~ 15-20 minutes but the price remains the same regardless of amount bought. on Reagents my preference would be farming them up and keep the price the same because i don't want to be paying 100 per on those lol.
    I remember when this system was implemented. It was supposed to create more of a dynamic npc shopkeeper economy by implementing a simple supply/demand system. IMO, it's just a hassle. No one sat around back in the day complaining about being able to buy as many regs, scrolls, etc they needed at the static price and quickly get back to playing the game. Now instead, you play a multiple hour long game of waiting to work up the stock. Just scrap the system and go back to the way it used to be. I am sure someone will come to the defense of the system as the greatest thing ever & justify it's existence with a 15 point powerpoint presentation. It is not fun to waste an entire night or most of a night working up vendor stock quantity.
    When you ask for changes or items there will probably be something you did not want associated with it.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited February 2023
    “7 posts and not yet discovered what inventory you’re actually talking about and why you feel you need so much of it, why anyone needs 13000 of anything?
    it’s a reagent vendor in royal city I take it, you want bone or something for crafting bone helm?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    “7 posts and not yet discovered what inventory you’re actually talking about and why you feel you need so much of it, why anyone needs 13000 of anything?
    it’s a reagent vendor in royal city I take it, you want bone or something for crafting bone helm?”
    I mean who doesn't have 60k of each item you can buy from an NPC.  :D
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited February 2023
    They have two types of stock, those that the price goes up every time you buy 1000 (iirc) and they keep 500 constantly. and the ones that have to be "farmed" and respawn ~ 15-20 minutes but the price remains the same regardless of amount bought. on Reagents my preference would be farming them up and keep the price the same because i don't want to be paying 100 per on those lol.
    I remember when this system was implemented. It was supposed to create more of a dynamic npc shopkeeper economy by implementing a simple supply/demand system. IMO, it's just a hassle. No one sat around back in the day complaining about being able to buy as many regs, scrolls, etc they needed at the static price and quickly get back to playing the game. Now instead, you play a multiple hour long game of waiting to work up the stock. Just scrap the system and go back to the way it used to be. I am sure someone will come to the defense of the system as the greatest thing ever & justify it's existence with a 15 point powerpoint presentation. It is not fun to waste an entire night or most of a night working up vendor stock quantity.
    If it's bone or Dirt, you can farm mobs for both. I always farmed my bones from the Dark Wisps in the Oaks spawn in Ilshenar, but there are lots of Mobs that drop cuttable Bone. the dirt can be farmed from earth elementals. several places to get those. buyout the NPC's then go kill the Mobs between spawn time. Oh and there's a third NPC for it Here. 

• MargeMarge Posts: 720

Yoshi said:
    why anyone needs 13000 of anything?
    Crafting. I've been going thru all my bods and have hit the Bone ones. I've gone thru 120k bone and am only half way thru them.

Building up the stock is really not fun but better than them costing 100g each or more. I'm fine with have to recall and wait as long as price stays low.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I usually farm bones from the Holy City spawn, collecting undying flesh at the same time. The half hour spawn usually gathers me around 500 bones which I collect in a salvage bag and cut up as I go.
    I guess yall did not take advantage of the snakes in Destard during the event. You get lots of bones from the bigger Skeleton pieces. Between those and the silver serpents in Deceit, I'll never need bones or venom again.
  • Pawain said:
    I guess yall did not take advantage of the snakes in Destard during the event. You get lots of bones from the bigger Skeleton pieces. Between those and the silver serpents in Deceit, I'll never need bones or venom again.
    That and the Fire steeds in the other. 

My Archer/Bard grabbed those and set the mobs ablaze with them. Love when he can run into a group and hit them all.
  • TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    edited February 2023
    Yoshi said:
      Oh I don't know 13k Gate Reagents is about 1 round of recharging the tiles :)

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited February 2023
    Tyrath said:
    Yoshi said:

and it takes way more than 13k Reagents to make said Scrolls.

• TyrathTyrath Posts: 542
    Tyrath said:
    Yoshi said:

If it is worth doing.... then it is worth doing BIG ;)
  • Tyrath said:
    Tyrath said:
    Yoshi said:

If it is worth doing.... then it is worth doing BIG ;)

• TheoTheo Posts: 169
    edited February 2023
    I’ve asked for this any number of times and support you 1,000%. All items that sell at 20 qty have a permanently fixed price with a respawn timer that doubles the QTY until 999 is reached. 

Make the qty 999 and set it to immediate spawn always at same price. 

No one is making a living buying up 60k blood moss at 3gp and selling at 4gp.  

No one is losing PVP battles because the regs won’t spawn fast enough. 

This is purely a crafter annoyance.  Fix it devs. Fix it.